Norwegian never gave us their promotion

sdtheclub

The promo in question NEVER applied to inside or studio cabins as per the NCL website. As far as your $25 credit that is a mystery...

This link explains the entire promo.

Well....respectfully, please reread the link you provide. It clearly states that Insides can receive $25 OBC through the Choice promo. This was also true last month, which is when OP said they booked the cruise.

I never understand the codes on the reservation but when you sign on to my ncl on the bottom of your reservation it says the amenities and what promotions you are getting

I wouldn't say NCL lies but there are times I have been severely misinformed by an NCL rep

I understand the OP frustration. I was told by NCL rep when I booked a total and complete lie. She was pushing the insurance and I asked if it covered air, hotel, all travel from the minute I left to the minute I got home. "of course", which when reading the details was a complete lie.

You expect when booking with the cruise line directly that you will not get bad information, but, it does happen.

I agree, it is not the $25, it is that he was told he would get it and then he didn't, bad business practices if that is what happened.

So, there was never a $12.50 credit for the 1st & 2nd passenger on the on board account? I bet there is, but it's been over looked because of the amount. They do split the amount between the passengers. If looking for $25 lumped together, is it possible two credits of $12.50 each were overlooked?

Booking date was Feb 9 2015. Stateroom category is IX/GTY

I see a inside guarantee. The promo for insides never gave a choice of packages. Only OBC. That OBC offered wasn't a lot either. Booking an inside you should not have had the option for UDP or UBP. You state that you choose the OBC over the others. Doesn't make sense to me.

We booked the cruise using Norwegian's 800 number and was told we would receive a onboard credit as Norwegian has a promotion going on where you could pick between the ultimate drink package, the ultimate dinner package or a cruise credit. We decided on the cruise credit. :confused:

You choose your stateroom catagory, not the promo you would recieve. Still too bad if you didn't recieve it.

Did you present any paperwork at all? I had a problem, what their computer showed as OBC and non refundable was a lot less than what my paperwork showed. I showed mine to them. The gal contacted the main office and later that evening they contacted me in the cabin to come to GS. All was fixed and I got the OBC that was on my paperwork. I actually stumbled on the computer error when I went to GS with an unrelated question.

Yes it was just a $25 promo but the dollar amount doesn't really matter it's the fact that they would not correct their mistake.
If it was indeed a mistake, let's say it was, they would have corrected it if you had caught it before your cruise. That is why they send you confirmations, and why they let you access your reservation on-line. So that you can take an active interest in the details of your own vacation.

Once you are on board, the front desk staff can do very little about your booking if you don't bring them any documentation. It's like boarding a flight and expecting the flight attendants to be able to fix problems with your frequent flyer account. Actually, it's not that bad, because they actually will call Miami if you give them a good reason to. But not if you just show up and say "I'm supposed to have OBC, someone on the phone told me so".

Sometimes, it's best to have the benefits of a doubt - odds are 1 in a million, well, more than a few among thousands, it seemed - FWIW (hijacking the thread is not the intent here - the info below is specific to BA's sailing in progress this week only, a # of us got these info yesterday so I"m scratching my head a bit ;) )

Different ship in the NCL fleet - apparently, problems with OBC - on the Breakaway, shared yesterday with our Roll Call since we are going next -

see #9 BOLD faced. Might be the IT people programming the centralized billings & accounting codes ...

Im on the cruise right now that left on 3/15. thought I would pass on some info:

1. The is one drink menu for all bars. it lists the liquors and some drinks but basically, if you want a specific drink, you need to know the name of it. They did away with different menus for each bar March 1.

2. The lunch menu at Savor and Taste have been the same for the first two days.

3. At 6 PM the wait at the Manhattan dining room was 45 min minimum.

4. the food has been wonderful so far.

5. the weather has been chilly and we are at South Carolina already!

6. Rooms were partially ready when we boarded at 1.

7. The UBP is very easy to use and I have had no issues thus far. Max per drink is $11.

8. I had lunch at Savor on embarkation day and it was quiet and relaxing.

9. My OBC ticket left in the room was wrong. they update OBC by sea day one so wait until the first sea day to let them straighten it all out. then wait in the enormous lines. They are HUGE even this afternoon.

10. The Internet packages have changed. The biggest plan now is 800mb pkg for 59 dollars. the pkgs no longer go by time. The prices increase on day 4.

So, there was never a $12.50 credit for the 1st & 2nd passenger on the on board account? I bet there is, but it's been over looked because of the amount. They do split the amount between the passengers. If looking for $25 lumped together, is it possible two credits of $12.50 each were overlooked?

No we did not get a $12.50 credit either

I see a inside guarantee. The promo for insides never gave a choice of packages. Only OBC. That OBC offered wasn't a lot either. Booking an inside you should not have had the option for UDP or UBP. You state that you choose the OBC over the others. Doesn't make sense to me.

Yes we choose not to upgrade to get the UDP or UBP as we are not big drinkers or big eaters. So we choose just to take the OBC. Hope that is a little more clear.

Edited by sdtheclub

My amenities don't show on the statement, it only shows under Amenity Details on the Vacation Summary that you can pull up when you go on line and go into your reservation.

You can always, for next time, call NCL and ask them to email you amenity confirmation and that will show all amenities, either from NCL or those that you have paid for like if you pre-pay your DSC or purchase a UDP, UBP, etc. And remember to bring all documentation with you, so that you will have the proof.

Called NCL for my confirmation . Thanks for the heads up!

Next time, book online instead of calling. This way, you will have a complete paper trail rather than the 'he said, she said' scenario.
What additional paperwork do you receive when you book online that you don't receive when you book by calling?

What additional paperwork do you receive when you book online that you don't receive when you book by calling?

Unless you record the conversation, not everything said over the phone is documented or can be proven at a later date. Misunderstanding or misquote between the caller and PCC can also occur when speaking over the phone.

Edited by sfaaa

As my TA has told me - if it isn't in writing - it isn't happening -with any cruise line.

That is why he has given me copies of the TA documents - these show everything down to the nth detail. We are doing a B2B so it shows two sets of everything - UDP, UBP, OBC etc for each person.

Just got back from a 10 day cruise onboard the Norwegian Pearl. We booked the cruise using Norwegian's 800 number and was told we would receive a onboard credit as Norwegian has a promotion going on where you could pick between the ultimate drink package, the ultimate dinner package or a cruise credit. We decided on the cruise credit. Only problem is we never received it. We inquired several times at the reception desk but they where rude and kept telling us that we had to call our travel agent. They just could not comprehend that we booked our cruise through Norwegian and that we did not use a travel agent. Beware of what Norwegian promises and make sure you getting everything in writing. :confused:

I know how this will sound to you, but there are a couple of things I don't understand here; the first, why didn't you get proof of what you purchased ahead of time? The email, sent to everyone when you book, regardless as to how you book would have clearly made a referance to the package or you could have asked NCL for something in writing. This is NCLs fault but it is also yours for not following through. Second, you said the reception desk people were rude and didn't understand you booked directly. That is a bit hard to believe: yes, they can be rude, but several times, they didn't understand you booked directly? That is what is hard to understand. Now, as for saying "beware of NCL promises" I think, assuming we are getting the whole story your statement is a little strong. All lines make mistakes, including Carnival and others. Should you have gotten your credit? Of course. I would take this as high as I can, but without anything in writing you might be out of luck. Also this is an example where a TA comes in handy. They have a little more clout than one passenger has.

Under promo code it just says easyfare. The ship was the Pearl and sailed from Miami on March 6 and returned March 16. Yes I do realize humans make mistakes and the mistake should have been resolved very quickly and very easily as soon as I notified them but unfortunately that is not the case. Like I said it's a promotion that they are offering everyone and it's nothing special and I'm just bewildered that they are making such a big deal out of it. I have been cruising for over thirty years and have been on over twenty cruises but this is the first time I've ever booked directly through Norwegian and it will be the last. Booking date was Feb 9 2015. Stateroom category is IX/GTY

so you are saying you didn't have your proof with you, but they should have taken your word for it and everyone had the same promo on your ship? Wrong, the only ones that had that promo were those who have booked since it has been in effect which isn't all that long. Like any promo they run for a certain period of time. Probably over 1/2 those on board did not have you promo. We really don't need to know your booking date, or how many cruises you have taken. I would think with your experience you would realize booking via the phone less than a month from sailing could backfire. Using an agent or on line booking gives you a little more security. Now, that I have read all the your posts on the subject and the responses, I do have to wonder what all the tadoo is over $25.00? Yes, I realize it is the principle of the story, but, it isn't worth calling a company liars or saying they can't be trusted. It was someones mistake. I hope you get your $25.00. Keep us posted.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Well....respectfully, please reread the link you provide. It clearly states that Insides can receive $25 OBC through the Choice promo. This was also true last month, which is when OP said they booked the cruise.

Im 100% correct. The OP was NEVER entitled to any promo other than the $25 OBC. I never said the OBC was not included. However, I did say it was a Mystery.

Im 100% correct. The OP was NEVER entitled to any promo other than the $25 OBC. I never said the OBC was not included. However, I did say it was a Mystery.

Here's what you said, in the post to which I was replying:

"The promo in question NEVER applied to inside or studio cabins as per the NCL website."

Obviously, it did, at least during February, which is when OP claims to have booked their cruise.

Are you acknowledging that your initial proclamation was erroneous? Because if not, the "mystery" would be why your understanding of what you said differs so much from mine.

But, you didn't say, "other than the $25.00 OBC".

See post 94:

You said, "The promo in question NEVER applied to inside or studio cabins as per the NCL website. As far as your $25 credit that is a mystery..."

Harriet

Good to know NCL is looking into it for the OP.

And as far as having the paperwork to prove anything, i don't see how that matters. If they erroneously did not give him the credit, then it will not be on the paperwork. As long as NCL has a reservation number they have access to the date and time the reservation was made and should easily be able to determine what if any promotions were available and should have been given.

Hopefully the OP will report back on the outcome.

Edited by punkincc

As long as NCL has a reservation number they have access to the date and time the reservation was made and should easily be able to determine what if any promotions were available and should have been given.
I would just point out that there are legitimate reasons why a promo that is available might not be applied. If you have another, better offer that cannot be combined, for example (shareholder OBC comes to mind).

It does sound like the promo code was unintentionally left off the OP's booking, and maybe they will get their $25 in the end. But this is another case where someone seems to have loads of time and energy to pour into a complaint after the fact, when they didn't lift a finger to look after their own interests beforehand and to save themselves and everyone else all this trouble.