Suite luggage tags

Whilst I was doing on line check in, I came to an option to order luggage tags for our suite on Explorer in May. But because I booked through a US based TA, the country options for delivery are only USA and Canada, UK is not in the drop down box. I spoke to RCI who said it was because the booking was made in the US. They suggested I contact my TA, however, they said it's all electronic docs now and RCI do not issue luggage tags any more to anyone.

I'm not greatly put out by not having luggage tags I can always print ours from the e docs, but is my TA correct? Or has anyone any ideas how to get round the delivery to UK issue? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whilst I was doing on line check in, I came to an option to order luggage tags for our suite on Explorer in May. But because I booked through a US based TA, the country options for delivery are only USA and Canada, UK is not in the drop down box. I spoke to RCI who said it was because the booking was made in the US. They suggested I contact my TA, however, they said it's all electronic docs now and RCI do not issue luggage tags any more to anyone.

I'm not greatly put out by not having luggage tags I can always print ours from the e docs, but is my TA correct? Or has anyone any ideas how to get round the delivery to UK issue? Thanks in advance.

Luggage Tags are made available to all those in Suites and Pinnacle Club C&A Members. Here is the US, when our e-docs are issued, we are able to order our luggage tags at that time. Here is a link that will show you how we are made aware when luggage tags are available to order http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45394703&postcount=7

Think this is another case of an RCL rep not knowing what the policies are but giving an answer anyway. The last I heard luggage tags are still, upon request, sent to suite guests and pinnacle club members.

Think this is another case of an RCL rep not knowing what the policies are but giving an answer anyway. The last I heard luggage tags are still, upon request, sent to suite guests and pinnacle club members.

The OP is in England, but booked using a US travel agent, so the website is not giving them a UK mailing address option.

Luggage Tags are made available to all those in Suites and Pinnacle Club C&A Members. Here is the US, when our e-docs are issued, we are able to order our luggage tags at that time. Here is a link that will show you how we are made aware when luggage tags are available to order http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45394703&postcount=7

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I had the 'order luggage tag' button and I filled out the address form until I got to country of residence and UK wasn't in the list. RCI said its because I booked via a US travel agency.

I'm kind of stuck really! Thanks for your help anyway.

The OP is in England, but booked using a US travel agent, so the website is not giving them a UK mailing address option.

Yes, that's exactly it! Do you think I should call RCI and ask them to issue the luggage tags to my UK address or would you just leave it and print the paper tags. Thanks

Yes, that's exactly it! Do you think I should call RCI and ask them to issue the luggage tags to my UK address or would you just leave it and print the paper tags. Thanks

I use the paper tags and luggage tag holders. I really think the tags are more secure that way.

• 1 month later...
How far in advance can we request the luggage tags if we are staying in a suite?

You have to wait until cruise docs are issued, which is usually 49 days before the cruise. That can be delayed for various reasons, such as having Choice Air on your booking.

You have to wait until cruise docs are issued, which is usually 49 days before the cruise. That can be delayed for various reasons, such as having Choice Air on your booking.

49 days seems to be the magic #, exactly on 49 our docs were available and we ordered the luggage tags, said would be mailed out within 8 business days:cool:

Happy Days!

Do not know if you can do this or not but....Why not have your travel agent get them mailed to him/her then forward to you?

Just a thought!

It's possible, but it will still cost $35 unless you are in a full suite or Pinnacle level C&A.

Edited by clarea

Hello Bob. My cruise is 101 days out and when I go to online check-in it says it will be available 90 days prior to sail date. ( August 22). Will the luggage tag (for suites) option be available then, in 12 more days, or will we have to wait another 45 days ? No big deal, just curious. Thanks Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Hello Bob. My cruise is 101 days out and when I go to online check-in it says it will be available 90 days prior to sail date. ( August 22). Will the luggage tag (for suites) option be available then, in 12 more days, or will we have to wait another 45 days ? No big deal, just curious. Thanks Gerry

You will have to wait until 49 days before your cruise, unless you have Choice Air, in which case you will likely have to wait longer.

Edited by clarea

• 1 month later...
You will have to wait until 49 days before your cruise, unless you have Choice Air, in which case you will likely have to wait longer.

At 59 days out. Another 10 days and should be able to order them. Can you order as many as you like ? How long does it take to get them ? Thanks Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

At 59 days out. Another 10 days and should be able to order them. Can you order as many as you like ? How long does it take to get them ? Thanks Gerry

Generally, I've seen the limit at 2 orders of 8 tags. We've gotten them in less than a week.

Generally, I've seen the limit at 2 orders of 8 tags. We've gotten them in less than a week.

+1

We were just on Freedom in 5/24 and were able to order two sets of 8 online (one at a time).

Thanks, that's perfect. Needing a total of six so I should be good to go. Might even put them on a carry on and laptop in case of accidentally leaving them lying somewhere. Thanks Gerry