Alaska 2016 - HAL Hurry UP!

qsuzi

Just another example of how the answer you get from individual Customer Chat and also Booking Representatives can vary. I think the information provided by sppunk is more likely; it agrees with the information I was given. P.S. The HAL site now lists 2016 months for 9-16 day durations only for Alaska but it does not produce any results.

Yes, I'm more inclined to believe it will be soon, as I'm more inclined to believe someone from CC over someone at HAL. I'm just shocked that someone at HAL would even say June but could be sooner. I get there can be hiccups with loading the info but June is two/three months away. As some people are getting turned off by the delay, HAL has only themselves to blame if they end up giving away cabins just to sail full.

I find it particularly appalling because they loaded the 2014 Alaska cruises at the end of February, 2013. I'm sure glad I'm not waiting to book Alaska this year. I don't blame you guys for getting frustrated and looking elsewhere to book your Alaska cruise.

Yes, I'm more inclined to believe it will be soon, as I'm more inclined to believe someone from CC over someone at HAL. I'm just shocked that someone at HAL would even say June but could be sooner. I get there can be hiccups with loading the info but June is two/three months away. As some people are getting turned off by the delay, HAL has only themselves to blame if they end up giving away cabins just to sail full.

I find it particularly appalling because they loaded the 2014 Alaska cruises at the end of February, 2013. I'm sure glad I'm not waiting to book Alaska this year. I don't blame you guys for getting frustrated and looking elsewhere to book your Alaska cruise.

I agree that June is not believable. I just really appreciate your knowledge, assistance, and understanding. The cabin I wanted is no longer available on our preferred sailing date on Princess. We want to book HAL even knowing prices will be about $1,000 higher for a comparable size cabin.

I have a question. Since this will be our first HAL cruise I'm not sure how a lot of things work.

If I see a 2016 Alaska cruise date and stateroom that I want, and I book it through the HAL website, can I turn it over to my TA and if yes, how soon does it need to be turned over to her?

Thanks for all your help! You folks are the best!

Edited by JimAOk1945

I have a question. Since this will be our first HAL cruise I'm not sure how a lot of things work.

If I see a 2016 Alaska cruise date and stateroom that I want, and I book it through the HAL website, can I turn it over to my TA and if yes, how soon does it need to be turned over to her?

I have always booked directly through my TA so I cannot give you a definitive answer. My understanding from what I have read on here is that the answer is yes but why not ask HAL chat if you don't want to ask a specific HAL representative. Your TA may also know the answer and that way you would be giving them a "heads up". I am so excited for you Jim. What ship are you interested in?

Yes you can, and there is no time limit. I have done it twice in the last year when a TA offered a rather nice OBC.

I think so, but I don't know for sure. I do know that you can book through a HAL Personal Cruise Consultant and then transfer the booking to the TA so you should be able to book online and then transfer the booking.

As for when you need to do it, I think it can be done anytime before final payment.

I've never done it so that's why I'm unsure. I've booked through the TA or through the PCC but have never transferred the booking.

I would normally say that if someone doesn't give you a definitive answer here then you should call HAL but we've seen some evidence as posted above that calling HAL is not that reliable, haven't we?

I am so excited for you Jim. What ship are you interested in?

We want to take the 14 day Alaska itinerary. We are interested in the itinerary more than the ship. From what I see on the attached schedule, I think the Maasdam will be doing it. Correct?

Yes you can, and there is no time limit. I have done it twice in the last year when a TA offered a rather nice OBC.

Thanks for your answer. I have done this with some of our cruises, but was unsure about this cruise since this will be our first HAL cruise.

Edited by JimAOk1945

We want to take the 14 day Alaska itinerary. We are interested in the itinerary more than the ship. From what I see on the attached schedule, I think the Maasdam will be doing it. Correct?

My mistake for asking since because previous comments said the Maasdam. I was too focused on my itinerary which offers one than one ship option.

We are interested in the 14 day also.

We are interested in the 14 day also.

It looks like a very exciting cruise. I've never seen another Alaska cruise that offers this itinerary.

We have been to Alaska twice, so we are already familiar with some of the ports and look forward to seeing them again. The opportunity to see new parts of Alaska, on a cruise, is what draws us to this itinerary.

Now, if HAL would just finish so I can book the cruise, I'll be very happy. :p

Edited by JimAOk1945

A special thank you to Alberta Quilter for her information, assistance, and positivity. We are booked on Alaska 2016 RT Seattle.

Yay! I'm so glad you got your cruise! That's how I felt when I booked my 14 day cruise in 2013! I love Alaska but it will be a little while before I go back as we have other must do places first.

And, I'm happy to help. Did the itineraries on that document match what you ultimately booked?

A special thank you to Alberta Quilter for her information, assistance, and positivity. We are booked on Alaska 2016 RT Seattle.

How did you do it? Still not shown on HAL website or known by rep I called.:confused:

How did you do it? Still not shown on HAL website or known by rep I called.:confused:

It appears that HAL PCCs had advanced capability to book all Alaska cruises while the HAL representative pool did not. Perhaps this was a new HAL PCC perk.

Kudos to Adoremus for the "heads up" this AM that Alaska was now open.

Edited by Crew News

Please tell how you were able to do this? Who did you call?

Like Crew News said, via a Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC). Call HAL and ask for one (like me you may find out you already have one and didn't know it). I haven't read all the comments on here so I'm not sure if all itineraries (LAND plus sea for example) are available. Give it a try and please let us know. I want to see you booked on a HAL Alaskan cruise.

Edited by qsuzi

Yay! I'm so glad you got your cruise! That's how I felt when I booked my 14 day cruise in 2013! I love Alaska but it will be a little while before I go back as we have other must do places first.

And, I'm happy to help. Did the itineraries on that document match what you ultimately booked?

The Westerdam 7 day RT Seattle itinerary matches for August 20 and August 27; these are the only two dates I asked about. I think the calendar says RCI Jewel and RCI just posted and they are using the Explorer of the Seas for the RT Seattle not the Jewel.

What place are you going next Alberta?

HAL has two levels of booking agents. Only the Personal Cruise Consultants can book until it opens to regular HAL booking reps and travel agents; sounds like it will be open to all sometime next week. If you want to book through a PCC call HAL and asked to be assigned one (if you already have one and don't know it they will tell you).

Edited by qsuzi

Alaska 2016 (didn't check all ) is now listed on the HAL website. Check with your TA or person of choice if it can now be booked - it appears it can.

Edited by qsuzi

The Westerdam 7 day RT Seattle itinerary matches for August 20 and August 27; these are the only two dates I asked about. I think the calendar says RCI Jewel and RCI just posted and they are using the Explorer of the Seas for the RT Seattle not the Jewel.

What place are you going next Alberta?

In just over a month, we're off to FLL to cruise to Montreal. In November, we're going to France for a river cruise. Next year is unknown but we have an eye on a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. And, other than Alaska in 2016, what are your plans?

In just over a month, we're off to FLL to cruise to Montreal. In November, we're going to France for a river cruise. Next year is unknown but we have an eye on a Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. And, other than Alaska in 2016, what are your plans?

For the foreseeable future we can only do itineraries that are shorter travel times and less than 8ish days. France for a river cruise sounds wonderful and so does Hawaii/Tahiti (those would be on our bucket list if possible). We have done Canada/New England from Bayonne up to Quebec but not the FLL to Montreal you mention. Do you only sail HAL?

Looks like the Noordam is doing the itinerary we are interested in......can anyone give me their opinion of this ship? We have been on the Oosterdam and were happy.......

Noordam should be very similar to Oosterdam; they're sister ships. I've not been on the Oosterdam yet but I really did like the Noordam.