What cabin should I choose?

NOLA-love

I am currently booked on the Elation with 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids) in an inside cabin. We initially booked early saver. With all the sales going on, I can change to a guaranteed OV for $30 more. We have always booked inside cabins. Is the $30 worth the upgrade when I am not sure where we will be located? What would you do?

I am currently booked on the Elation with 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids) in an inside cabin. We initially booked early saver. With all the sales going on, I can change to a guaranteed OV for $30 more. We have always booked inside cabins. Is the $30 worth the upgrade when I am not sure where we will be located? What would you do?

5 people in a cabin is a lot. I would choose my own and get 2 cabins.

My kids are really young and this will be their first cruies. My husband and I do not like the idea of being apart so 2 cabins are not an option. We are very aware that we will be cramped. To save room, our 3 yr old will be in our bed so no need for the trundle. I am mainly questioning if the $30 for an OV is worth the upgrade. Are the rooms any bigger/smaller? Would you take the upgrade if you can not pick your location?

I have never had an inside room, but I do know that our granddaughter cruised with us when she was 2 1/2. She spent a lot of time up in the window watching the waves. This kept her occupied while we were getting ready for dinner, etc., so I think it would be well worth it.

In answer to your question: Yes, it's worth the $30. It's not larger, but it feels larger because of the natural light.

However, I'm with the others, book adjoining cabins and keep the door open in between. THAT'S what makes the most sense. :)

I cruised on Elation in 2011 with my wife and 3 daughters in one OV cabin. They were 16, 12 and 9 at the time. It was tight, but we managed and had a great time. I would think the $6/day would be worth the extra "space" having the window gives you as far as your sanity goes...I dont think you mentioned where your current interior room is located and if you are willing to risk a not so great location. I've stayed in a lower level aft facing OV room on the Paradise and felt a ton of shuddering and shaking and heard banging, but still was ok. Some people might not be ok with it.

Edited by gt14

We are a family of 5 and always get one cabin. Its way more expensive to get two. Our little one sleeps with her sister anyway so no need for a trundle. We didn't feel crowded at all. We unpack what we need and store the luggage under the bed. I bring an over the door organizer for the bathroom to clear up counter space and make everything easy to find. from hair scrunchies to medication, hair brushes, medication, sunblock, etc.

$30 for an oceanview is a great deal. The natural light and outside view is wonderful. You won't regret it. Riviera and Main decks are also very quiet. And the bonus is that although you have to take the elevator to get up to the upper decks, when you come back from a port, you don't have to wait for an elevator since its just one or two flights of stairs...saves lots of time.

I would do it. Looking at the deck plans online you could be put on the following areas Aft Empress Deck so you only have the dining room above you. Aft on Upper Deck, Very forward Midship and Forward on Main. Or Forward on Rivera. Hopes that gives you an idea on where you could be put if OV. We have 5 in my family as well DH and three kids. We try to get one cabin to save on costs :D

I did it! We now have an OV booked. Thanks for all the input. :D

You will enjoy it.

There are some aft oceanviews that I really like.

They are slightly bigger and have a bit different layout that makes it easier to get to the window.

Anyway, you will enjoy the window.