Photos of Sideways Cabin 7412 on Carnival Glory

AryMay

Thanks so much! We have this cabin booked for next February 13th sailing. Great to see pictures of it.

Sorry I am late responding...I just saw your post.

I used some random clips that I had on my refrigerator. I know a got a couple of them at Walmart in the kitchen gadget section. Another one was similar to the photo below.

41yM0n9rFqL._AC_UL320_SR164,320_.jpg

None of our hats were very heavy...not sure if the clips would have been sturdy enough if they were.

When we did our Alaska cruise last year (on Princess) I used magnetic clips to hold large maps of our cruise route and also other papers that I wanted to keep track of. (That was the first cruise that I realized that the walls were magnetic.) The clips have become a permanent part of my packing list now! :)

• 1 month later...

We have this cabin booked for Jan 2016, did you hear more noise from the hall as the bed is right there? We don't want to change rooms, but I want to get the quieter side, lol!!

We have a sideways cabin on the Elation booked. We will have a trundle bed also. Will that fit in and still have walk way? Thanks

I really don't know. The Elation is a totally different class of ship so the cabin layouts most likely will be different.

We have this cabin booked for Jan 2016, did you hear more noise from the hall as the bed is right there? We don't want to change rooms, but I want to get the quieter side, lol!!

I had the "hall side" of the room and didn't notice any noise. Since the cabin is towards the back of the ship there really wasn't much traffic going by anyway.

Be advised...if you put the beds together, then the person on the other side will have to maneuver around the end of the TV cabinet to get out of bed. You might be better off taking a chance with a little noise! ;)

Thanks for the pictures, these are definitely the best I have seen anywhere online of the sideways rooms. We have booked one of them on the Conquest for Feb 2016. I'm oddly excited to try a "different" room, and it really does seem to be more roomy than a standard inside. I think we will be ok scooting past the desk with the beds together (although we will definitely have to see when we get on the ship), and I'm going to be keeping my eye out for some strong magnet hooks to help the husband keep his stuff organized. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nope - quiet as a mouse...

- Buzz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/25/2020 at 6:06 PM, LPut714 said:

Elevator noise

I am the original poster and am surprised to see this thread resurrected after five years!

But to respond to the previous post...we did not near noise from the elevator. Surprising since the cabin seems to share a wall with the elevator shaft. (When friends saw our cabin on the deck plan they commented it looked like you had to walk THROUGH our room to get on the elevator!) 😆

On 3/22/2015 at 1:58 PM, AryMay said:

The TV swivals so you could see it from different angles although the viewing wasn't the best from the bed on the right. Really our only TV watching was:

1. To check out the nightly dinner menus on the interactive channel

2. To watch the "front of the ship" camera channel. We left the TV on (muted) every night when we went to bed. The slight glow provided just enough light to be able to get to the bathroom. As the sun came up in the morning, the light was our signal that it was time to get up! Basically the TV became our window. A couple of times I saw that there was a pink glow on the water so grabbed my camera and ran up to Deck 10 and took some nice sunrise photos...and because I was up early...I got to see a bunch of silly towel animals ready for their day by the pool!

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

Staff works hard to do this for us for a short time. Enjoy it every time. Once a woman was  taking as many animals as she could carry. Should have been arrested!

Edited by crusinpsychRN

I have an observation about the sideways cabin.  I have booked the sideways balcony cabins on my last four or five cruises.

Lemme see if I can splain it.  In a regular cabin, when you're in bed, your body is aligned with the bow/stern of the ship.  In a sideways cabin, it is perpendicular.  Crazy, but in your humble servants opinion, the sensation of the boat moving is different.  I find that I makes me slightly more prone to need a meclizine.

This is in no way a negative, and I have a sideways cabin booked on my next cruise.  Just wondering if anyone else has felt this.