Aft balcony for Alaska?

Rtrnvb19

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on an aft (wake facing) balcony for an Alaskan cruise. Star Princess C752 specifically, but want to hear pros and cons of aft balcony versus side balcony...views limited off the back? Clearly outside decks will have the best view, but from a balcony perspective any advice?

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on an aft (wake facing) balcony for an Alaskan cruise. Star Princess C752 specifically, but want to hear pros and cons of aft balcony versus side balcony...views limited off the back? Clearly outside decks will have the best view, but from a balcony perspective any advice?

these are generally in short supply, with consistent raves about them. they are out of the wind which is a frequent reported plus. If you wish to stay in your cabin during Glacier Bay, then you really need a good port side view, so the commentary matches up with what you are seeing.

Aft, isn't the best place for marine wildlife- if a priority and you wish to see the most.

Here is a link to a video review. Looks like a great room!

I think that an aft room for Alaska is an amazing cabin to have, and I have seen lots of wildlife from an aft cabin. Whales, seals, Bears, Orcas....You see a hugely wide scope of land and sea....I think they are the best cabins on a ship for Alaska....

We have been in two "true" aft cabins on the Millennium to Alaska and enjoyed them very much. The aft cabin gave us an opportunity to see the scenery for a longer period of time and when we were at the railing of the balcony, we could see side views as well as the aft views.

For us, we didn't mind the long walk as it allowed us to walk off some of the extra calories that we ate. :) We also found the aft location to be quieter as there wasn't a lot of foot traffic walking by the cabin.

There was one downside to the aft cabin for us, we did notice a little vibration when the Cpt. was cruising at a higher speed.

We had an aft cabin on our July Solstice cruise and I totally agree with the comments about the view. The perspective is truly memorable.

However one thing we were not prepared for was the Victoria port. There were a surprising number of seagulls hovering at the back of the ship. They were attracted by passengers throwing food into the air from their balcony. The Solstice aft is tiered so some of the cabins took “direct hits”, if you get my drift.

Our cabin category was beneath the overhand so we were not directly affected but some other balconies weren’t quite so lucky.