Independence Balcony

8562/64 8262/64 are E1 below the whirlpools. Balcony is bigger. Many E2's are on the hump and are nice 7338/40 7638,40. 7562/64 and 7262/64 have the larger balconies under the whirlpools as well.

We like to be near the stair/elevator foyer...it makes life so easy if you don't have to trek down those REALLY LOOOONG hallways every time you come and go from your room!!!

Absolutely! Loved having the Champagne Bar so close for sailaway drinks! Just jot down a level, grab a few glasses of bubbly deliciousness, then right back to the balcony!:D

Anyone have suggestions for good balcony cabins (for three) on Independence?

7408 or 7708 if the third person is a child (pullman) ...EXTRA large balcony at E1 pricing

Or

1400 or 1700 - larger cabin - almost like JS, with larger balcony at D1 pricing.

Edited by APDMOM

We had a hump balcony on Indy, the balcony stick out but the hall does too to make room for the elevators so the balcony is not any bigger and the room is the same size but the view is awesome and you are close to elevators. on deck 8 they are E1 :)

Edited by Nemomof3
forgot info

If you like to see the ports when you dock. make sure you book starboard side not PORT side. I prefer deck six aft. normally 6350 to 6374 somewhere in there but "for me, that's on the proper side of the ship" as I like to see us come into port

Why choose starboard ?, we did med cruise last year and port side was facing port on 7/8 ports, only Gibraltar facing to sea.

We had 3 E2 "hump" cabins on the Indy Dec 2013 Deck 6. I get seasick...lol ...and this is the first ship that I had virtually no issues. Deck 6 and on the hump helped. We were cabins 6636, 6638, and 6640. Only room we would change would be 6640 only because when the door was open, everyone in the elevator area could see. The others had a hall area to block views. But we loved our first hump cabins...able to see both directions. If I can book hump cabins again on a freedom or Oasis class ship I will do it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you like to see the ports when you dock. make sure you book starboard side not PORT side. I prefer deck six aft. normally 6350 to 6374 somewhere in there but "for me, that's on the proper side of the ship" as I like to see us come into port

Not necessarily - it can depend which berth the ship is using - have also seen different approaches to the same berth.

Only room we would change would be 6640 only because when the door was open, everyone in the elevator area could see. The others had a hall area to block views. But we loved our first hump cabins...able to see both directions. If I can book hump cabins again on a freedom or Oasis class ship I will do it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had to laugh at your 'discovery'. I'm the same way...I always try to book a cabin that is just down a few from the elevator area...it never fails that just after I get my night clothes on, I remember that I've forgotten to put the Do Not Disturb card in the door. Sure don't want to open the door to do it and have 6 people looking at me :eek: Scare them more than me, LOL :D