The Hills Are Alive ...?

elycelynne

I recently got an email that detailed all of the activities on 2015 Princess sailings regarding the 50th anniversary of the movie version of "The Sound Of Music" and wondered if anybody here has participated in any of them and, if so, were they well-attended? They do sound like fun, but I'd hate to book a Princess cruise with the expectation of having these activities, only to have them canceled due to lack of interest.

I am departing on my Princess cruise soon and received an email from Princess saying they will be playing The Sound of Music at MUTS and have Sound of Music trivia onboard.

Oooh, I'd be good at that. It's one of my favourite movies!

Hmmmmm......... I saw the movie about a zillion years ago when it was in the theater. I would be pretty hard pressed to come up with answers to trivia questions about the thing. On the other hand, it would be easy to watch the thing again and (maybe) have some small chance of not completely embarrassing myself at trivia.

Hmmmmm......... I saw the movie about a zillion years ago when it was in the theater. I would be pretty hard pressed to come up with answers to trivia questions about the thing. On the other hand, it would be easy to watch the thing again and (maybe) have some small chance of not completely embarrassing myself at trivia.
You could always do a Google search and come up with a zillion trivia questions.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059742/trivia

There is also a sing along sound of music version so let's hope they show that one it's lots of fun to sing along together.

I wonder if any folk will get into the spirit of things and bring along fancy dress lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a copy of Hischak's The Rodgers and Hammerstein Encyclopedia. I'll photo the pages on the play and movie and study them before the quiz. Or just look at the IMDB page.

Edited by Wehwalt

Chloe45, depending on your television service provider, you can probably watch it online. Go to ABC.com and look for 20/20. I just found it.

Thanks. I hope they still have it in 9 days. Leaving for the port now!