Question RE room upgrades?

wesnliz

On carnival they have something called an "upgrade fairy" that calls random people and offers upgrades at discounted costs. Does that exist on NCL as well? Or is there anyway to call to someone to discuss an discounted upgrade a few days before the cruise?

Well, as of 3 years ago, there was an upgrade fairy. Got the call, but was not home and DH thought it was a prank call. I knew about the "fairy" as I'm the one who does the booking and reading of all the threads on CC. Anyway he took the message and by the time I got home from work, the offer was off the table as I believe they went on to the next one on their list. Oh well, probably for the better as it would have cost a bit more $$$'s. Prior to that call, we had cruised NCL at least 6 times, without ever receiving a call from the "fairy". And yes, by all means you can call to try and upgrade at a discount. That certainly doesn't hurt.

Folks on our BA sailing tomorrow were getting UF calls last week & this week, offering mostly Haven upgrades and to most, fairly substantial prices - most declined according to the posts shared among the Roll Call, those cabins were not selling or at least not sold out.

We also have some CAS folks from land-based partners so some of them might be paying to upgrade, some Insides & Oceanviews were likely released and re-sold again, but at higher prices in the past month with the current promo running.

Just don't count on or expect free upgrades, given the current climate & increases in prices & fees, etc. under the FDR's flag.

For our Epic cruise a few weeks ago, there were tons of Haven 2-bedrooms still available the Monday before our cruise. We talked to someone on board that got the upsell call on Tuesday. They had sailed with NCL numerous times and had previously sailed in the Haven on other ships. They took the upsell and enjoyed the week in the Haven.

If you are looking to upgrade into the Haven, take a look at how many cabins they have available and plan your calls accordingly. You could wait for them to call you, but we were told by our PCC that how the upsell department works is a mystery. :)

We got the upsell call in 2012 for the Jade. For $700 we switched from the aft balcony to a 2-bedroom penthouse suite. Well worth it. My guess is if someone wants your cabin badly, NCL will try to sell that cabin and move you up for a cost. We were hoping this will happen again for our cruise in February, but no such luck. All the 2-bedroom suites were sold out before sailing.

I am sailing on the Epic in three weeks. It looks like there are still a lot of 2 bedroom suites in the Haven available. I called NCL last week about something else, and asked about an upgrade as long as I had her on the line and she said I would need to contact my TA. Has anyone gotten an UF call when booked through a TA, or only when the initial booking was through NCL directly?

I am sailing on the Epic in three weeks. It looks like there are still a lot of 2 bedroom suites in the Haven available. I called NCL last week about something else, and asked about an upgrade as long as I had her on the line and she said I would need to contact my TA. Has anyone gotten an UF call when booked through a TA, or only when the initial booking was through NCL directly?

3 years ago, NCL contacted my TA with an upsell offer about 2 weeks before sailing. It was from one suite category to another, it was pricey and not the right room set up for us, so we declined. Last year, we asked the TA to contact NCL about a pretty steep price drop about a month before our sailing. We were offered an upgrade to a suite at no extra charge, but the room set up didn't work that time either so we were offered a bit of on board credit.

Edited by herdingdogmom