Question about boarding procedure...

njinco

First cruise Monday! RC just sent an email saying what time each deck could embark. Ours was the last one; 2:00 PM. We were hoping to get to the ship much earlier--11 or so for lunch and pool time.

Will they turn us away if we don't follow the time, or is it just a guideline?

We are sailing Majesty of the Seas out of Miami.

Thank you for any advice!!!

First cruise Monday! RC just sent an email saying what time each deck could embark. Ours was the last one; 2:00 PM. We were hoping to get to the ship much earlier--11 or so for lunch and pool time.

Will they turn us away if we don't follow the time, or is it just a guideline?

We are sailing Majesty of the Seas out of Miami.

Thank you for any advice!!!

They will not turn you away.

They are hoping that just enough people abide by the suggestions that the crowds are spread out and no one will be delayed.

But please..........if things are going slowly, be patient, smile, and think about your cruise vacation.

:)

You can ignore it... But the majority of the reviews where people are constantly complaining is because the did not listen and showed up way to early......

1. your room will not be ready until 1pm or 1:30 pm

2. Remember at 8 am 2000 + passengers have to get off the ship before it can be cleared for you to board

3. I know there are those that show up at 10:30 and rush rush rush to eat eat at but for me, I would rather relax at my hotel and show up around 12:30 or 1 and more often than not just walk right on the ship.

just my thoughts.

Thanks so much!

We don't need to rush to eat, but we are just excited to get on board as it is our first cruise. I think we will shoot for 11 or so.

Thanks for the advice :).

Go early. But know your luggage won't be to your room until maybe 3-4pm or a little later. SO... carry stuff you'll want/need before then (medications, bathing suit if you're headed to the pool) and if you're taking two bottles of wine for your room this needs to be carried on.

This also means you need to carry this stuff around until the room is available, so don't take EVERYTHING with you or plan for a sore shoulder! :)

Lunch will be ready for you at the Windjammer.

Like others said - patience and a smile are key. You're ON VACATION and a bad day at sea is still WAY better than a good day at work. Can I get an Amen?

Judy

We carry on our medicine as well as all our paperwork, any vouchers and your order history. We also print out our cruise calendar, and have it handy once we board. If you want to book dining reservations, you can write it on the calendar and post it on your wall with magnets.

I also take one copy of the set sail form, and stick it inside my passport. It's so much easier that way than digging into your folder at the door when the security guard or royal representative wants to see it.

Go at whatever time you feel comfortable with. We arrived for cruise on the Serenade around 10:45, and were entering the Windjammer by 11:45. We were able to eat and explore the ship before our room was ready around 1:30. Why cut your first day on the ship short? It was our first cruise and we enjoyed it immensely [emoji1]

Edited by Raxter54