Where to find a bottle of wine in Talkeetna?

meicheraxo

We are doing a 3 day land before getting on the ship and I wanted to get a couple bottles of wine for me and my hubby before getting on the ship.

We start in Fairbanks then Denali then Talkeetna and don't want to have to carry them all 3 days so was thinking getting them in Talkeetna.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nagley’s has wine and is right downtown, a very small general store. If you have a car Cubby’s is at the junction of the Parks Hwy and Talkeetna Spur Rd about 14 miles from Talkeetna. They will have a better selection although still pricey. Talkeetna isn’t really a wine hotspot. Fairbanks is will have the best selection and price.

Depending on what land tour you are on, you may not be anywhere near Telketna proper. The Princess resort is about 45 minutes from town. You should buy wine in Fairbanks, or wait and buy it in Seward or Whittier.

Alternately you can have wine shipped to you via Wine.com. If flying into Fairbanks it can be shipped to the FedEx office which is just right across the street from the airport. We have done this on previous trips and it has meant that we could get the wines we wanted without spending precious time searching out a store and finding that their selection was very limited.

Thanks everyone! I may try and pack it from home...bubble wrap and ziplocks

"Wine diapers" from Amazon are a lifesaver for transporting wines. I have used them in checked bagged and never a spill. Even if the bottle did break, the inner lining is made to soak it all up.

http://www.amazon.com/Diaper-Reusable-Absorbent-Eco-Friendly-Accessory/dp/B00308FONW/ref=pd_bxgy_k_text_z