Just off the Conquest today ask away

havefun 415

Will post more of trip of trip tomorrow

What was the payout for blackjack? What was the min table for blackjack? Was the blackjack side bet lucky ladies or fun pairs? Did they track your play by paper or computer?

They also said that food places like Guys Burgers were hardly open. Any of this true?

I have a copy of the Funtimes from January. It looks like Guy's is open 12:00-2:30 and 6:00-9:30.

Outside of the MDR & Buffet, the Blue Iguana Cantina looks to be open the most - 7:30-10:30 and 12:00-6:00.

HI, been a busy day with just get home. I will post a review late this week. Here a few things.

Ship- I did enjoy the ship it is showing it age. My wife and I had 1063 for a room. It work out well. There was no issues. The ship is in needed of maintance.

Food- Food was good, not over the top just O.K.

CD - Mike is very good, you will enjoy him.

More to come.

I have a copy of the Funtimes from January. It looks like Guy's is open 12:00-2:30 and 6:00-9:30.

Outside of the MDR & Buffet, the Blue Iguana Cantina looks to be open the most - 7:30-10:30 and 12:00-6:00.

Why in the world do they do this?

Hi, there

Did you or anyone you know go to the art auction on the Conquest? A couple of years ago on the sister ship Valor we were very disappointed because they set us up in a room with rows of very crowded chairs instead of being able to sit comfortably with our drinks at tables. We would like to know if that is how it will be on the Conquest in six weeks. And do they still serve champagne?

Thank you.

On port days they close in the afternoon till dinner time. On sea days open all day. We just got off also and found the ship as good as any other. room was clean bed great. Service was outstanding. Steakhouse was excellent did the steakhouse 3 times. Main dinning was not what i enjoy. the nights we were there did not like the selections available.

embarkation was a joke. We stayed in a suite and had priority embarkation. They held us in a room with others while waiting for our boarding to take place. People at the back of the room thought they were getting ready to board us and they got up and pushed there way around others to get close to the door. Stepping on others toes and just being ignorant. The best part was they headed to the wrong door when they came to get us about 10 min later they used a different door. Then a lot more pushing and people just a holes trying to get on board a couple minutes early. when we got through that we were in another holding room sitting down when the same thing happens they call us and everyone is try to get on the ship no order at all.

The rest was great.We had fun and no problems. As far as the ship being run down, I would think you would have had to look hard to find anything, that wasn't normal wear and tear.

We were on the same cruise, got back on 3/21. Overall, a great experience and I highly recommend the Conquest. The staff always went above and beyond for the kids. The food in the dining room always served hot, though I did return their steak twice because I asked for medium rare and got well done. Minor things as I was quickly brought another plate.

The temperature in our OV was a bit warm, even with the A/C cranked up...something I haven't experienced on prior sailings.

This was the first time I didn't get off on any ports of call...I've done them all already and I REALLY enjoy the empty pool deck on port days. I saved my excursion money and used it on drinks and a massage...well worth it!

We are sailing Conquest in October (again). Ours is the Eastern with Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. If yours wa the same, would love to see the fun times for this.

Also, have heard that Mike Pack is a fantastic CD. He will still be on the Conquest in October so I am looking forward to that.

funny, I was on the march 15-21 cruise...

room 1430, halls were noisy

was always cold in the room, the thermostat seemed to have no effect

mike the cruise director is a laugh

buffet was usual, buffet food, some over cooked, undercooked, cold, etc...but we ate well

guys burger join is worth it, just watch for the lines to die down, as it gets crazy busy

deck chairs on sea days, ---good luck

airport shuttle messed up our luggage tags as we had, a gurentee room, the wrote down 2267, on the tag, at the carnival desk we got room 1430, thus our luggage was going to the wrong room, even with faster to the fun, we didnt get our bags until aprox 8pm

embarkation was a breeze with faster to the fun

dis-embarkation was a joke, we got off in zone 32, at 11 am, which was fine, only to join a line-up of aprox 1000 people at u.s customs

time on the ship was fun, its older but still a good time

You were FTTF -- you could have got off first thing in the morning and been through in 15 minutes.

we had absolutely no info on faster to the fun, and what it really entails, other then the discription when i bought it, i thought i should have gotten a brochure or something on it at the ship...

I also thought since we had a later flight, we could stay on and enjoy the ship until the later dis-embarkation time, turns out the ship is basically closed except the buffet ( we wanted to swim )

I will cruise again, but will be doing things different the next time around.

( ex picking my room, fttf, early diembarkation , more spending money etc.)

we had absolutely no info on faster to the fun, and what it really entails, other then the discription when i bought it, i thought i should have gotten a brochure or something on it at the ship...

I also thought since we had a later flight, we could stay on and enjoy the ship until the later dis-embarkation time, turns out the ship is basically closed except the buffet ( we wanted to swim )

I will cruise again, but will be doing things different the next time around.

( ex picking my room, fttf, early diembarkation , more spending money etc.)

Yeah, we always stay in the port for a few extra days. We get off this ship at 7am and are through customs very quickly. Last cruise we were off the ship, through customs, got our rental car and were at our hotel by 10am.

You don't have to be FTTF to do this, if you do self assist luggage it works that way too.