Hair dryer on Regal or suggestion?

Helenalee

Hi everyone,

We hv only sailed with Princess once (sapphire), and my experience with their hair dryer was not too great. It was a little weak and had to press down on the heat button to keep it running.

1. Do they use the same (or similar) hair dryer on Regal?

2. Any suggestion on which brand of compact/travel hair dry if I would like to bring my own? (Medium/thick hair)

Thank you! :) :)

Cheers,

Helena

Hi everyone,

We hv only sailed with Princess once (sapphire), and my experience with their hair dryer was not too great. It was a little weak and had to press down on the heat button to keep it running.

1. Do they use the same (or similar) hair dryer on Regal?

2. Any suggestion on which brand of compact/travel hair dry if I would like to bring my own? (Medium/thick hair)

Thank you! :) :)

Cheers,

Helena

When we sailed the Regal we brought our own, we have on every cruise, Princess hair dryers are not very good.

I found the hair dryer on the Royal (saw as the Regal) to be more powerful but instead of hi/low, it's on/off. No heat setting. I had no problems with it but others might. The hair dryer is in the top desk drawer, not on the wall.

f3945bcafe0f3ae3981a77055fc7b8cd.jpg

a80a21218c61dd27af793b898ea55684.jpg

This is the one I bought after reading many reviews. It's dual voltage, so perfect for Europe. It's very compact and yet blows well. I also have stubborn thick, wavy hair that I blow-dry straight. It works so well, I just unpacked my full-size blow dryer (thought I'd take it this time because I have the luggage room) and packed this one instead. It gets nice and hot vs. 'warm' on Princess' blow dryers. Def recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/Babylisspro-Tourmaline-Titanium-Travel-Dryer/dp/B003QKL5YQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427043709&sr=8-1&keywords=red+babylis+pro+dual+voltage+hair+dryer

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

I forgot my hair dryer at home when I went on my Regal Cruise. Being a person that styles my hair, I was really unsure about the princess hairdryer. It turned out to be not so bad. Not as good as a hair dryer you bring from home. You can't turn down the heat like on a "land" hair dryer, but it wasn't bad.

I would recommend bringing your own however :)

My DH and I were on the Regal this past February.

The hairdryer is in the drawer, connected to an outlet.

I found this to be an awkward set up.

Luckily,I packed a travel size Conair hair dryer

I would also like to add that Princess has changed the shampoo /conditioner products to a combination product that is in a pump bottle attached to the shower.

I needed to use this product on a previous cruise.

It left my medium/ thick hair a tangled mess.

I would strongly suggest that you pack your own shampoo and conditioner along with a hair dryer.

Enjoy your cruise!