Comparing these two ships,enchantment and freedom

lyban

Hi,

I went on our first family cruise in feb 2014,and loved enchantment and the cruise.

I am now thinking of booking one on freedom for feb. 2016,

Since we loved enchantment ,I am a bit worried will we also

Like freedom or is it way different than enchantment.

Also ,I am having a hard time to get connecting rooms on a higher deck, is it possible that they are all booked already or does the web just not show them all.

If I phone will I get more choices, do you think?

We had deck 7 on enchantment, but I do not know where to go for freedom.

Any help appreciated. No suites, not in budget.

We've been on Enchantment twice and FOS twice. We will be on FOS for our third time in June, so obviously we LOVE this ship. It's our favorite. Just the right size, more activities for some of our younger (21 year olds) cruising with us, and plenty of great places for us to lounge and relax. I can't imagine you being disappointed on this ship. It's beautiful and just came out of dry-dock, so all spruced up. We like deck 7 and we request that deck when we book. We have two balcony cabins, but for the first time, we requested that the rooms not be connecting. The 21 year olds really don't need to be next door to us anymore. In the past, we've gotten 2 balcony cabins, had them remove the wall between them and had an extended balcony between the rooms. Try a TA that specializes in cruises too. Sometimes they can find cabins available that I can't. For February 2016 you shouldn't be running into a problem getting connecting staterooms. Try calling directly to Royal and see if they can help. I don't know what type rooms you are trying to get, or how many people in each cabin. Regardless of the deck you choose, you will LOVE FOS. Freedom is different from Enchantment, but I think you will like all the differences. I love the Promenade, love the activities (even if we don't participate, I love watching), love the crew and staff, loved the food in the MDR, and I don't think you will be disappointed at all. It's a GREAT ship.

We love both ships but they are different. We love enchantment because it is a short and more affordable way to sneak away for a long weekend we tend to spend more time on the pool deck and rarely get off at nassau. We use it as R & R.

We love freedom for those long vacations because there are sooo many activities and music venues!! No time to rest cause FOS will keep you busy!! It is a much more beautiful ship and the crew is fabulous!!

So it is your call. The FOS has that WOW. EOS has that nice feel of being out on the sea!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am feeling much better that we would enjoy freedom as much as enchantment now.

Looking at a 7 day out of port canaveral on feb 21/2016

I cannot believe that it is showing I cannot get on connecting rooms.

I am looking for oceon view.

They only show deck 12 where there are a few cabins and deck 6 .

No connecting.

With a year to go, I am surprised that I cannot get more choices.

I am feeling much better that we would enjoy freedom as much as enchantment now.

No connecting.

8320 and 8318 are available d3 cabins for those dates. There were also two other connecting cabins deck 8

8628/8626 cat e also available.

I did as mock booking and selected the cabins must be connecting option. It pulled them straight up.

Hope that helps

Edited by Spurschick

No connecting.

I just looked at a site that shows available cabins and there are some connecting oceanviews on deck 3 that are available. I know you are looking for higher but there are some down there.

There are a bunch of connecting balcony cabins available so maybe keep an eye on pricing. I saw about 10 connecting pairs.

Would link the site but it is against board rules since it is a TA site.

Spurs chick

How do you get a d3, and what is that?

When I do a mock reservation it shows large outside or outside.

I do not understand how to get that?

Sorry for delay in replying.

When you do the mock booking, basically what I did was I entered two cabins with 2 in each. It then showed a box that you could select cabins must be connecting. When you go to continue it will then ask you what type of cabin you want, e.g. Outside, inside etc. so If you select balcony it will then pull up the different sub categories within that category, eg D1, D2 etc. It will list the interconnecting cabins that are available. D's are classified as ocean view but have balcony.

Note if you change from d3 to E category you need to select change cabin type. That way you can view all interconnecting cabins available.

The alternative is you could always call:D they might be able to view without having to keep coming in and out of pages like us!!!!

Hope that makes sense.

Seeing as you mentioned deck 12 and deck 6 they normally are balcony rooms so I assumed that was the type of room you were looking for.

Edited by Spurschick

Thanks again everyone.

No spurschick, it was ocean view not balcony I wanted.

I have also been looking at celebrity silhouette out of Fort Lauderdale for the same time period.

I know this is rccl forum but has anyone tried celebrity .

Thanks again everyone.

No spurschick, it was ocean view not balcony I wanted.

I have also been looking at celebrity silhouette out of Fort Lauderdale for the same time period.

I know this is rccl forum but has anyone tried celebrity .

I have been on Celebrity. I assume you have children. Depending on their ages Freedom may be better.

I know it is not an ocean view, but have you considered two interconnecting promenade view rooms? They are not as claustrophic as you get light in. There are some interconnecting on the freedom for that sailing.they are slightly cheaper than ocean views as well and get $50 pp obc. Just a suggestion.

I found Celebrity food to be slightly better. DD enjoyed as had video games in kids club. Not anywhere near as many children. In February there are likely to be even less as I only travel with DD during school holidays.

Edited by Spurschick

• 2 weeks later...

I am back after spending many hours on the web and not finding any connecting staterooms, I did what many here suggested and phoned.

After 2 hours with a nice lady on the phone I finally had a few connecting but not many choices left.

we are now in, 2 balcony connecting staterooms 9300 and 9302 mid ship. but I could always cancel if anyone here finds anything very wrong with these rooms.

The problem is not many connecting rooms available and none with sofa beds for my grandchild unless we took balcony.

I do not understand why so may have pullman and not sofa beds because a young child cannot go in a pullman.

anyways, I think I am happy with these choices 9300-9302 but because i have never been on FOS, I really do not know much about the ship and its layout.

So, if any of you experienced cruises know something that I don't please let me know.

Or if I could find actual cabin reviews that would be great.

Thank you all,

Very different ships in both size and design. Enchantment is medium sized by today's standards, Freedom is still one of the biggest. You'll likely enjoy both for different reasons. I have photo reviews of both linked in my signature if you'd like to check them out.