Live from Voyager of the Seas - ask away!

How does the Voyager stack up against the other ships that sail Australian waters such as Rhapsody and Radiance? Even the other brands like Carnival if you have the past experience?

Have a cruise held on Explorer and was hoping they wouldn't do the same "upgrades"(putting cabins everywhere/overcrowding) to Explorer that they did on voyager... seems like they are. Bye cool nightclub and public areas, hello interior staterooms :(

Am now tempted to cancel and rebook with Carnival or Radiance (tried and trusted)!

If you had a good experience on Voyager though, I maaaaay go in with an open mind!

Just wish they wouldn't get rid of "the chamber(explorer)/ the vault(voyager) which is already gone.

How does the Voyager stack up against the other ships that sail Australian waters such as Rhapsody and Radiance? Even the other brands like Carnival if you have the past experience?

Have a cruise held on Explorer and was hoping they wouldn't do the same "upgrades"(putting cabins everywhere/overcrowding) to Explorer that they did on voyager... seems like they are. Bye cool nightclub and public areas, hello interior staterooms :(

Although I wasn't a fan of the upgrade, it was something Rhapsody and Radiance had already gone through, so they were already more crowded/less spacious than originally.

Thus, comparing the three it's not as though it's the worst stand-out.

It's just if you compare any of them to their original state, they're more crowded and with less public facilities than they used to have.

To me, Rhapsody was actually the worst suffering of the three classes - though I still had a great experience last time on her (just it could have been better ;-) )

Hi,

I was on Voyager a couple of years ago and really didn't like it but due to an absolute bargain price and the refurb I've decided to give it another go. Are the E3 balconies on the deck 12 new cabins standard size? I figured there must be something about them that makes them an E3? Got it cheap so don't mind, just curious. Also, is there still a mini golf course?

Thanks!

Cat

Hi,

I was on Voyager a couple of years ago and really didn't like it but due to an absolute bargain price and the refurb I've decided to give it another go. Are the E3 balconies on the deck 12 new cabins standard size? I figured there must be something about them that makes them an E3? Got it cheap so don't mind, just curious. Also, is there still a mini golf course?

Thanks!

Cat

All the E cabins are the same size including the ones on deck 12 as on this deck plan

http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/deckplan2014.php?SailDate=4/15/2015&WMPHShipCode=8&DeckNumber=12#dp

All the E cabins are the same size including the ones on deck 12 as on this deck plan

http://www.cruisecheap.com/c/deckplan2014.php?SailDate=4/15/2015&WMPHShipCode=8&DeckNumber=12#dp

Thanks, I've seen the deck plan and to me they do look slightly different to the others. From past experience the E3s are usually slightly obscured (steel balcony panel etc ) or a little bit smaller, or sometimes just poor location.

I'll find out when onboard anyway, and post details back here if no one can fill me in sooner.

Cheers

Cat

Having sailed Voyager pre & post re-furb I didn't see that much significant change overall.

• The loss of space in WJ for the new specialty restaurant was noticeable but not a game changer
  • can't say I noticed any additional crowding from the folk in the added cabins
  • bars were very busy
  • never frequented the vault & there is DJ & dancing on 14 'til late (or early as the case may be
  • the mini-golf is still there. The flow-rider replaced the in-line skating

Overall we prefer Radiance & Rhapsody for the centrum type layout rather than the shop-front street on Voyager, but again not a game changer.

Happy cruising

Having sailed Voyager pre & post re-furb I didn't see that much significant change overall.

• The loss of space in WJ for the new specialty restaurant was noticeable but not a game changer
  • can't say I noticed any additional crowding from the folk in the added cabins
  • bars were very busy
  • never frequented the vault & there is DJ & dancing on 14 'til late (or early as the case may be
  • the mini-golf is still there. The flow-rider replaced the in-line skating

I also think the shop mix and changes on the Promenade significantly changed the feel of that region. Depends whether you liked the mix before of course!

We stayed in an E cabin 1880 on Deck 12. I thought is was larger than the cabins I have been on in the Radiance and the Rhapsody. The balcony was definitely deeper and had more shelter.

• 7 months later...
Hi cruisine21

Did you depart from Sydney and if so what time where you allowed to board? Can't find any information about boarding time for deck 12.

Thanks

Yes we departed from Sydney. We were given a boarding time from RCI a couple of weeks beforehand from memory.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=staggered_checkin_times

If it's quiet, you'll more than likely be able to board early. If not, then hazarding a guess (but best person to ask is benjo (Graham) if he sees this) Deck 12 will board after the suites on Decks 9 & 10. Frustrating though that there is nothing in the list of times for Deck 12. But looking on the bright side, at least the list of staggered check in times are up on the website again!!!

I've never been on RCI so apologies if these questions are obvious. I have tried the RCI website but it isn't exactly informative. We're looking at Voyager for a repositioning cruise next year.

My questions:

- what has the entertainment been like? Shows? Comedians?

- Is the gym a decent size with a good view? Is it crowded?

- Are there any waterslides or kids splash area or have then gone to make way for the flowrider?

- Is the flowrider and rock climbing free?

Thanks.

[quote name='wagtail_syd']I've never been on RCI so apologies if these questions are obvious. I have tried the RCI website but it isn't exactly informative. We're looking at Voyager for a repositioning cruise next year.

My questions:
- what has the entertainment been like? Shows? Comedians?
- Is the gym a decent size with a good view? Is it crowded?
- Are there any waterslides or kids splash area or have then gone to make way for the flowrider?
- Is the flowrider and rock climbing free?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

1) For a longer cruise, Voyager usually has three shows with its dancers and singers. The other nights they have shows with guest entertainers e.g. magicians, singers, musicians, jugglers, comedians and so on. They'll usually be from the region the ship is operating in.
2) Yes, Voyager gym was a decent size. Unfortunately after her refurb they placed cabins on the outside of it taking the view away. As for being crowded it depends on passengers. In my experience it tends to be well used though.
3) Voyager never had large waterslides. There was a small kids area/slide though in another area, which has been replaced.
The flowrider took away the roller skating track.
4) Yes. Flowrider does offer longer lessons at a cost, but you can take the short DIY sessions free.