which cruise line

delgirl

been looking at various cruises round the med and adriatic which is best cruise line. Looking at celebrity constellation, p and o oceana, allure of the seas, and queen victoria. (hubby still wants to go transatlantic) Also what are ncl and msc like to cruise on.

Have you posted your question on other boards in addition to the Celebrity board? On the Celebrity board, the majority of your answers are going to be biased towards Celebrity!

You also really need to tell us something about what you are looking for from a cruise. Different cruise lines provide different experiences and, in my opinion, it is important to select the one that will suit you.

WE have never cruises in the Med or Adriatic, so cannot give you any direct advice. However, we have cruised once on NCL and will never return. Celebrity is our cruise line of choice.

Edited by Project_gal

Your question is so general, it is difficult to respond. Need to consider ports, #of days, cost, etc. in general the Med is so port intensive, the ship is less important than in the Caribbean. We did Carnival at a great price and had a great time, most mass market cruise lines are very similar.

I know choosing the right ship is important but in the med. I would always look at itinery first. Which places do you really want to visit by ship rather than land tour? For example, sailing in and out of Venice is a must do as is entering Valletta harbour. Another destination much better visited by ship is Santorini - mooring in the caldera of an ancient volcano looking at those picture postcard views is unbeatable.

Good luck and happy reading.

I have sailed on Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, and also NCL. Each of those cruises were for different reasons, at different times of the year, with different people, and different itineraries.

Each of them were good or great but for different reasons. As other posters above have said, your answers here most likely will be biased toward Celebrity, possibly for good or wrong reasons. I've had two cruises on NCL, and I would go back and do one in a heartbeat. I really enjoyed the food and service on Holland America but the demographic is not for me at this time.

You will get plenty of perspectives on this topic but just know to take them all in stride and with a grain of salt. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

When I was planning our med cruise I started by writing down the places that I wanted to see! You never know if your first visit will be your only!

Then I searched online booking agencies and started writing down the ships that hit all the places I wanted to see and the price per day.

We ended up with the NCL spirit 12 day grand med. Loved the ship but it is totally secondary to the ports. Also the beverage package would be a waste of money on a trip like this. You are so exhausted from day trips that we would eat and go to bed to get rested for the next day's adventure.

Our priority was Rome, Venice, Greece. When the cruise was done our favorites where Barcelona and Turkey!!!

Your question is just too broad to answer definitively. It all depends on what you want and need from a cruise. The term "best" is also impossible to define because what's best for one person, isn't necessarily best for another.

Ask yourself some questions. Do you want great food and service? Will you have kids with you? Is entertainment important? What is your age? What is your budget?

For us, we'd never cruise NCL, Costa or MSC again. The food and service, for us at least, was way below par from other lines we've been on.