Palm Beach Pier area questions

nessz79

We'll be at Aruba next year on a Thursday from 8-5. We would like to have lunch at Bugaloe, dip in the ocean for a bit (no more than an hour), and have somewhere to change for our taxi ride back.

*Can we do all these things in close proximity of the pier (I know Bugaloe is on the pier, but the rest?)?

*Where should we change after swimming?

*What's the best way to get a cab back to the pier when we are finished changing?

Thank you!

There are restrooms along the beach...you could change in there, I guess....or simply dry off and put your shorts/shirt on over your suit and change when you get back to the ship! As long as you aren't WET, the cabs will be fine with it. In the Aruba sun, you will dry off quickly!!!

To catch a taxi back to the cruise terminal walk through the grounds of the Radisson and head out streetside to their lobby. There should be taxis there waiting. If not one of the bellmen will phone one for you.

There are restrooms along the beach...you could change in there, I guess....or simply dry off and put your shorts/shirt on over your suit and change when you get back to the ship! As long as you aren't WET, the cabs will be fine with it. In the Aruba sun, you will dry off quickly!!!

Restrooms along the beach are not public, but are on hotel property. Drying off doesn't automatically mean a cabbie will let you in the cab. If you are wearing a bathing suit, they can assume it is wet and not take you.

restrooms along the beach are not public, but are on hotel property. Drying off doesn't automatically mean a cabbie will let you in the cab. If you are wearing a bathing suit, they can assume it is wet and not take you.

exactly!

So what would be my solution? Where should we be drying off/changing/using restrooms near the pier? Should we swim first and then use restrooms at Bugaloe?

Do your beach thing and when you're ready to leave, find a phone booth, change into your street clothes and get a cab from any hotel back to the pier.