Beaches In Belize

Angel Dust

Are there beaches in Belize near the cruise terminal or a short cab ride away that you can visit with the family for the day? We aren't big on shore excursions and would just like to find a safe place for us to take our 7 year old to play in the beautiful waters.

Are there beaches in Belize near the cruise terminal or a short cab ride away that you can visit with the family for the day? We aren't big on shore excursions and would just like to find a safe place for us to take our 7 year old to play in the beautiful waters.

We usually don't do excursions either but Belize is one of the ports we would not venture out on our own....(the other is Jamaica).

Don't know if you have been here before but outside the fenced in port area is very scary looking. In fact we were given warnings on the ship not to venture outside the gates.

There will be people here who disagree, but for me I would not take a 7 yr old on anything but a ship sponsored tour.

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by GTO-Girl

The water and beaches in Belize are spectacular. Snorkeling is the best we have ever seen. I certainly wouldn't be sitting on the ship. While you aren't big on excursions, they are the best option in Belize and I doubt you will be disappointed. Excursions that go to the beaches in the island pick you up right at the ship and drop you off there too. No need to tender.

Just got on the Carnival site and looked at some of the excursions. Most have a minimum age requirement of 8....our son is 8. I did see a few with just day trips to beaches....and the pictures were beautiful, BUT the reviews were horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!