Less than 6 months remaining on passport following cruise- advice needed.

Yes, it's a problem!

See this thread. You probably are not even getting on the plane.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2221753

And folks calling RCCL really doesn't do much. Even if they day "sure" they don't get the final say.... it's immigration in whatever country that makes the call.

Now the cruise lines and airlines may actually deny you boarding if they think there's a risk they could get stuck with you. SO for example if they let you on the plane but the next country won't let you in, the airline then has to deal with you.

The person already sailed and has posted to the thread you are linking. They already renewed their passports .

Eek... I didn't even think it would be a problem. We sail in 8 wks out of Copenhagen going to Sweden,Estonia,Finland and Russia. My passport expires in July. We are US citizens. Will that be a problem? The only place we need visas is Russia and we are doing a ships your so we don't need to get it ourselves. Am I screwed. Lol.

I would get an expedited passport. You can get them very fast. You need 6 months on the passport for most countries. I would not take the chance. People have been turned away from boarding with not enough time on their passport.

I would get an expedited passport. You can get them very fast. You need 6 months on the passport for most countries. I would not take the chance. People have been turned away from boarding with not enough time on their passport.

They already renewed their passports, they already sailed and they are back from their cruise. Someone bumped this thread because of another thread that is currently being discussed.

Just my OPINION, but better safe than sorry, better to do it and have no problems than have all of us and RCI tell you it's ok and then have someone give you a hard time about it.

As an aside - EVERYONE check your passport - I needed mine for something recently and discovered it has expired back in November! Glad I discovered it before boarding day in October! Needless to say, new passport has been ordered....