Freedom Deck 12 Family Panoramic Ocean View Room

My wife and I just booked room #1854 on the Freedom for our April Cruise. We sailed on the Freedom back in 2010 with the same itinerary. We were booked in a regular ocean view room on Deck #3 and then all the sudden this room popped up today and we jumped on it. For $500 more we get more than double the space and apparently fantastic floor to ceiling panoramic views. We're so pumped!

The weird thing is they let us book the room with only three of us (me, wife and 7 y/o son). I read in a couple threads were people were made to switch rooms before sailing because they didn't have the minimum of 5 people for these rooms.

Does anyone know anything about that? I certainly hope that's not the case as the selection of rooms would be almost non-existent by that point and I'd be pretty upset.

This room looks too good to be true for the price we're getting and we can't wait for our cruise.

My wife and I just booked room #1854 on the Freedom for our April Cruise. We sailed on the Freedom back in 2010 with the same itinerary. We were booked in a regular ocean view room on Deck #3 and then all the sudden this room popped up today and we jumped on it. For $500 more we get more than double the space and apparently fantastic floor to ceiling panoramic views. We're so pumped!

The weird thing is they let us book the room with only three of us (me, wife and 7 y/o son). I read in a couple threads were people were made to switch rooms before sailing because they didn't have the minimum of 5 people for these rooms.

Does anyone know anything about that? I certainly hope that's not the case as the selection of rooms would be almost non-existent by that point and I'd be pretty upset.

This room looks too good to be true for the price we're getting and we can't wait for our cruise.

My family and I will be on this cruise April 3rd and will be in this exact room :-) Can't wait. I think the "family" one in the very front are the ones that can sleep 4-5 as this one we have sleeps 3-4 (we have 2 adults and a teen). I certainly hope they don't take this one away from us either as I got a FANTASTIC price when I booked over a year ago ;-)

My family and I will be on this cruise April 3rd and will be in this exact room :-) Can't wait. I think the "family" one in the very front are the ones that can sleep 4-5 as this one we have sleeps 3-4 (we have 2 adults and a teen). I certainly hope they don't take this one away from us either as I got a FANTASTIC price when I booked over a year ago ;-)

Thanks for sharing. We will be in the family panoramic ocean view (#1854, 406 sq. ft.), sailing the western Caribbean from 4/24 to 5/1. That room looks amazing for the price we got. We don't plan on spending a whole lot of time in the room other than sleeping, but it's nice to know that when we are in the room, it'll be huge and relaxing...with great views to boot!

Edited by crusin4Abruisn

Thanks for sharing. We will be in the family panoramic ocean view (#1854, 406 sq. ft.), sailing the western Caribbean from 4/24 to 5/1. That rooms looks amazing for the price we got. We don't plan on spending a whole lot of time in the room other than sleeping, but it's nice to know that when we are in the room, it'll be huge and relaxing...with great views to boot!

oops, I thought I saw 1864 lol the larger panoramic ocean view... just a few doors down, but either way, the views in both rooms are amazing from the pics that I've seen! Enjoy your cruise! :-)

We've just booked #1854 on Voyager for the 27th of Feb Cruise. We are also a family of three, I assume they allowed me to book as we are so close to the departure date. The room looks amazing, and we got such a good deal on it I put a hold on the room as soon as I saw it was available online then called the other half to talk him into going (it wasn't hard :) ) Looking fwd to it!

We've just booked #1854 on Voyager for the 27th of Feb Cruise. We are also a family of three, I assume they allowed me to book as we are so close to the departure date. The room looks amazing, and we got such a good deal on it I put a hold on the room as soon as I saw it was available online then called the other half to talk him into going (it wasn't hard :) ) Looking fwd to it!

It does look amazing, doesn't it? Denise, if you don't mind could you let me know your thoughts on your room after you get back from your cruise? It appears #1854 on the Voyager is pretty much identical to #1854 on the Freedom.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by crusin4Abruisn

• 3 weeks later...

I am so excited to post that we snagged 1804 for our April 2016 cruise!!!

We had already moved up to the large panoramic oceanview on 12 from deck 8. I saw this was open but wanted to confirm the extra $$ with DH before booking it. The next morning it was gone! :(

Lo and behold this morning it opened up again! We snagged it right away.

Did I mention how excited I am??? We are a family of three with my sister's family of four a few doors down. I think there will be some "sleep overs" in our room that week.

For those of you who have recently stayed in 1804 on Freedom, have they changed out the mattresses? I have heard rumblings of some rather firm replacement mattresses going in and am hoping they leave these alone as they are fairly new in comparison to the remainder of the ship.

Do they have non family panaroramic rooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes... all of the rooms on 12th deck are panoramic but normal size except for a few. Then there is large and lastly family. Oh and there is like 2 interior rooms up there as well but no one wants those in this thread.

Edited by Powersboyee2
added interior room comment

• 1 month later...
It does look amazing, doesn't it? Denise, if you don't mind could you let me know your thoughts on your room after you get back from your cruise? It appears #1854 on the Voyager is pretty much identical to #1854 on the Freedom.

Enjoy your cruise!

We had this room on VOS, we booked after the final payment was required and we were able to book it for 2 adults and 1 child (three years old)

Pros

The view was spectacular. Coming into any port we would just open our curtains and check out the view. Coming into Sydney early in the morning was great. We could see people on the deck below shivering and we just sat / lay in bed watching the ship come through the heads and approach Sydney.

BTW, everyone can see in, they would look at us curiously, we would just wave. :)

We had heaps of space for the 3 of us, as the room can sleep at max of 6 people. All our luggage was easily stored, a lot of play area for the little one to run around in if we just wanted to relax in our room.

The little bunk room for my son was excellent so we can give him a nap in a darkened area and we were able to utilise the sitting area, tv and bedroom.

1.5 bathrooms were very convenient, not necessary for three of us, but still nice.

Being on 12 meant we were able to access the pool areas, wind jammer, adventure ocean and the family activities on 12 really easily. The walk to the lifts were close which meant if we had to carry our three year old back to the room it never felt very far.

Cons

Movement. A couple of nights we had a lot of pitching movement on the ship. The little one did not handle this very well and ended up throwing up the first night. The following nights he had motion sickness bands and medication. He was OK after that, but I think sailing out of Sydney on the pacific can be rough. Our cruise only had 2 – 3 meter swells on a couple of nights so I could only imagine what it would feel like in bigger seas.

Conclusion

We were able to book this room for a great price and the weather was near perfect (so the Captain said) and we really enjoyed the views, space and location. I would book this room again out of the Med or the Caribbean but not out of Sydney where there is a lot of open water. I think we may upgrade to the Royal Family Suite on the aft next time out of Sydney (price permitting). Cruise was great btw!

• 3 weeks later...
OOPS. Panoramic family cabin 1804.

We will be your neighbors (well almost). Same cruise, room 1864. We had a deck 12 family room last year and LOVED it. Enough that finding a big deck 12 room available was why we booked this cruise.

We will be your neighbors (well almost). Same cruise, room 1864. We had a deck 12 family room last year and LOVED it. Enough that finding a big deck 12 room available was why we booked this cruise.

Please post about your room when you come back, show photos. I have the luck of getting 1864 on our July cruise on Liberty and want to see more about it. I have only found 1 video from voyager that shows the room.

I am typing from Freedom 1864 right now. :)

Questions?

Gotta say...I had seen a video and many pictures, but I was blown away when I walked in here on Sunday.

Warning to woodmnky; the bathroom door makes a huge creak when you shut it. Sorry if we keep forgetting to get it fixed! We already had someone in to fix the tv and we had an issue with an arcade thing so I feel like we are complaining too much, and you get used to it. :)

Not sure how often stateroom attendants move, but ours was our attendant two years ago on the same ship but in the aft in 1700! Crazy!

Edited by mollyeilis

We are in 1854 on Explorer in Alaska in mid May! Reading about these makes me so pumped to have this room!

We'll have me and the wife, plus a 6,5, and 6 month old. I love the fact that the kids will have their own bunk. We usually do full family suites on whatever line we are on or connecting balconies, but the price was too good to pass up on this!

I am typing from Freedom 1864 right now. :)

Questions?

Gotta say...I had seen a video and many pictures, but I was blown away when I walked in here on Sunday.

Warning to woodmnky; the bathroom door makes a huge creak when you shut it. Sorry if we keep forgetting to get it fixed! We already had someone in to fix the tv and we had an issue with an arcade thing so I feel like we are complaining too much, and you get used to it. :)

Not sure how often stateroom attendants move, but ours was our attendant two years ago on the same ship but in the aft in 1700! Crazy!

We will be in that room on the 3rd of April :-) SO CLOSE! lol How is the storage space? Is there much movement/vibration being that close to the front? What is the room attendants name? We are so excited! Do you have any pics to share of this room?

Thanks in advance

WOODMKY: I am sailing with my wife, two teens (daughter 18, son 16) plus son 10. I think I picked this cabin way back after reading some of your posts about it. You may have even posted the pics I saw. really excited about it.