Freedom Deck 12 Family Panoramic Ocean View Room

We will be in that room on the 3rd of April :-) SO CLOSE! lol How is the storage space? Is there much movement/vibration being that close to the front? What is the room attendants name? We are so excited! Do you have any pics to share of this room?

Thanks in advance

We aren't bothered by the movement and vibration. So I'm not sure if there isn't much or it's just not something that bothers us. :) There is both right now but I like it and DS is sleeping soundly. DH will be soon.

I'll take pictures of storage tomorrow. We will be slowly packing and so the pix will show "lived in" which might be more helpful than pristine. Might have to wait until Wed to show because I don't have my actual computer with me. And I have to remind myself how to post photos. :)

Ann Marie is our attendant.

We aren't bothered by the movement and vibration. So I'm not sure if there isn't much or it's just not something that bothers us. :) There is both right now but I like it and DS is sleeping soundly. DH will be soon.

I'll take pictures of storage tomorrow. We will be slowly packing and so the pix will show "lived in" which might be more helpful than pristine. Might have to wait until Wed to show because I don't have my actual computer with me. And I have to remind myself how to post photos. :)

Just wondering how your attendant is? We are in 1804 in a couple of weeks and I'm assuming we will have the same one.

She's good. We are difficult in a way because we don't have set times we're out, and we tend to come back randomly, and she's always gracious about it. Dh ended up with a cold (he never gets sick so first we thought it was allergies then a migraine on top) and she was great about working with him when he just wanted to sleep. DS went back to the room when she needed to do morning stuff and she was able to do other rooms before ours to give him time. (She won't be in the room while DS is in there alone of course)

I am typing from Freedom 1864 right now. :)

Questions?

Gotta say...I had seen a video and many pictures, but I was blown away when I walked in here on Sunday.

Warning to woodmnky; the bathroom door makes a huge creak when you shut it. Sorry if we keep forgetting to get it fixed! We already had someone in to fix the tv and we had an issue with an arcade thing so I feel like we are complaining too much, and you get used to it. :)

Not sure how often stateroom attendants move, but ours was our attendant two years ago on the same ship but in the aft in 1700! Crazy!

Thanks for the warning :) I too would love to see the storage. I haven't seen anything that gave a good perspective on the closets. Always trying to judge exactly how much we can pack. We drive to the port, so onboard storage is the only thing that I really have to take into consideration.

Awesome!! Thanks so much! We are just days away now from leaving to drive to port and are so excited!!

• 1 month later...
Yes.

Thanks. The other question I meant to ask was being forward, do you feel the motion any more than other parts of the ship? The last time we cruised that far forward, was on our first ever cruise, many years ago, on a much smaller ship (different cruise line too). We're thinking of booking the Freedom for a cruise next year and just starting to explore stateroom options.

You absolutely feel the motion. If you are sensitive to motion you need to ask yourself if the views are worth it to you for this room. Another thing to consider is some cabin noise. I am a light sleeper and then bending and flexing of the ship caused some noise in this room. It wasn't horrid but definitely noticeable. We had the family panoramic oceanview which is right in front. Perhaps one of the rooms along the side of the boat would be quieter?

You absolutely feel the motion. If you are sensitive to motion you need to ask yourself if the views are worth it to you for this room. Another thing to consider is some cabin noise. I am a light sleeper and then bending and flexing of the ship caused some noise in this room. It wasn't horrid but definitely noticeable. We had the family panoramic oceanview which is right in front. Perhaps one of the rooms along the side of the boat would be quieter?

Thanks for your valuable input. We usually sail with a veranda, but those rooms looked like a nice way to reduce the cost of the cruise and still get the best possible views. I think I'll stay with a veranda and start researching the best choices on the Freedom. My wife doesn't do well with motion and lives on bonine when sailing. I don't think the panorama rooms are for her from the sounds of it.

Thanks for your valuable input. We usually sail with a veranda, but those rooms looked like a nice way to reduce the cost of the cruise and still get the best possible views. I think I'll stay with a veranda and start researching the best choices on the Freedom. My wife doesn't do well with motion and lives on bonine when sailing. I don't think the panorama rooms are for her from the sounds of it.

We sailed in the same cabin (1804) as LEOSMOM08 (the previous week as a matter of fact :) )and did notice some motion but it did not bother us at all. As far as noise goes, we had no issues that I can remember other than the last night when it was windy and the wind whistled through some of the structures on the front of the ship. Again, not enough to be a distraction or hinder sleeping for myself or the 4 others in the cabin. We absolutely loved the cabin and the amazing views and would and probably will book it again at some point. The location in the front of the ship lent itself to longer walks to dinner but it is really not that far and we like walking through the 'Royal Promenade' on our way to dinner.

Well, I can't be in two places at once, and I don't know how any given motion I was feeling in a pano room would be felt in another room at that moment. Make sense?

So while it's SAID that there's more motion there, I can't prove it. And we especially can't prove it from one person to another, because everyone notices motion to different degrees.

• 8 months later...

Pros

The view was spectacular. Coming into any port we would just open our curtains and check out the view. Coming into Sydney early in the morning was great. We could see people on the deck below shivering and we just sat / lay in bed watching the ship come through the heads and approach Sydney.

BTW, everyone can see in, they would look at us curiously, we would just wave. :)

I know I am picking this up from a very old post but we were able to book this room and we are very curious about something you said.

You mention that 'everyone can see in' your room. From what area is this possible?? Is there a walkway right in front of these windows that the public has access to??

Like I mentioned, I know this is old but am wondering if someone can pick up on it and answer this question??

thanks!

I know I am picking this up from a very old post but we were able to book this room and we are very curious about something you said.

You mention that 'everyone can see in' your room. From what area is this possible?? Is there a walkway right in front of these windows that the public has access to??

Like I mentioned, I know this is old but am wondering if someone can pick up on it and answer this question??

thanks!

There is not a walkway! The people on the bow of the ship can see you quite easily. My son enjoyed waiving down to them. Also be warned that while in port we had a window washer come by. He certainly could see in!

As far as people from other ships, same rules as balconies apply.

If you look straight down from the window you can people on the treadmills at the gym. Not well, but you can see them.

Safe travels and enjoy the views! We sure did!

There is not a walkway! The people on the bow of the ship can see you quite easily. My son enjoyed waiving down to them. Also be warned that while in port we had a window washer come by. He certainly could see in!

As far as people from other ships, same rules as balconies apply.

If you look straight down from the window you can people on the treadmills at the gym. Not well, but you can see them.

Safe travels and enjoy the views! We sure did!

Awesome!! Thank you so much for your quick response.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We were in 1872 on deck 12 in Jan. We loved the panoramic room. As to the movement, we were on a really rough seas cruise for the first 3 days and it was pretty wild. I don't think that it was much easier as far as movement for anyone else no matter where your room was. Barf bags here and there. It calmed down on day 4 and the movement in that room was not bad. Our daughter in law in a room two doors down is prone to be super motion sick. She also was fine after the seas calmed down. We loved the huge window and would sit in it above the world and sea and watch the water. We also loved the super quick assess to the pool decks. Enjoy!

http://www.walkman4.blogspot.com

Edited by walkman4

Ok, I think that I got bad information from a Royal Caribbean Cruise associate today. I was checking on this room, 1804 (and it's sister room on the same floor), for our family of five.

She stated that the room sleeps a maximum of four?

Dan

The deck plan indicates it has 2 pullman beds, a sofa bed, and the main bed. That usually means it can sleep 6.

• 4 months later...

I just booked and it was not online. I saw the picture on an nonrccl website and called. The agent told me that they are usually 5 person, but one was open availability and he booked us as a four.