I wish Celebrity would:

jenniebnyc

I would like to see the cruise ships go back to being a means of transportation instead of just ending up back where you started from.

I don't want any sort of formal dress code. Why should I dress up just to go on vacation? Being on vacation is where you are supposed to be able to relax, right? I'm retired and my everyday wear is a colored t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers. The only time I dress up is when I'm going to funerals (and that seems to be happening all too often as I get older). As an engineer, my idea of "dressing up" is "business casual" at best -- khakis, casual shoes, and either a polo shirt or button down. Ties? We don't need no stinkin' ties!

One thing that I would REALLY like would be to have the capability of transporting a motorcycle with me on a cruise so that I would have immediate transportation wherever I ended up. It wouldn't be that big of a design change for new ships to have a deck that had tie down spots for motorcycles so you could just drive off when you hit port. We're not necessarily talking about that much weight either. For anything other than the large cruiser bikes, you're only looking at 400-500 lbs per bike. So, how many spaces would the ships really need for this sort of thing?

2006 Data

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohim/hs06/htm/mv1.htm

6,634,506 motorcycles

134,012,369 cars

So, you're looking at around 5%. Assuming one of the "mega" cruise ships with 5000 passengers, that's maybe only 250 passengers that might own a motorcycle. If you were to assume that each motorcycle might take up 4'x8' of space, then you're looking at about 8000 sq-ft. Considering the size of these ships, that's not that much.

We were recently on the MSC Divina and there was a group that had their motorcycles with them and drove them around Bermuda for the two days we were there. We met the person that organizes these trips on various cruise lines..in fact he left our ship to meet up with a Celebrity cruise to do the same.

Include in cruise fare: Unlimited internet, tips (you will pay this anyhow), and open the MDR for lunch on all days. Do away with formal night. If you look at what people wear on the formal night, many people do not dress formal. Offer new menu selections in specialty restaurants. Offer unlimited laundry for a fee. Bring back trays in the buffet. Thick towels in all cabins. Shower gel in all cabins.

Take away the loud jarring afternoon music at the outdoor pool. On Caribbean it should be steel drums, Jimmy Buffet, etc. it was so bad on our last cruise we had to leave. There was no melody, just loud thumping sounds.

YES! Agree 100%. I have put that on the survey form each time I have sailed. The D J plays no Caribbean style music.

Footstools on all balconies.

Blankets available for those of us who hate duvets.

Better and larger selection of in-room free movies; this was great the first couple of times we were on Solstice class ships, was horrible this December. On a related note, put chairs that are actually comfortable in the movie theater (Celebrity Central).

Get rid of or greatly reduce the lawn--once you're past the novelty of grass on a ship, it's a waste of space and vastly underused.

A walking track that isn't also the main pathway to the buffet and other venues on that deck and is not hedged in by lawn chairs, often sticking right out into the walkway.

Self service laundries.

Agreed. In fact, I'm really disappointed that cruiselines don't do entire US east coast and West coast itineraries. I'd love a one-way itinerary that looked something like this:

Boston

NYC (2 days)

Philadelphia

Baltimore

Washington DC (2 days)

Norfolk

Wilmington, NC

Charleston

Of course, some of those places don't have a cruise port. But with the growth of cruising as a way to travel, I hope that more cities choose to build a port. Especially Washington DC. I know people that live on the East Coast usually just want to get away to the Bahamas or Bermuda or something, but many of us west of the East Coast (or from other countries) would love an actual East Coast itinerary.

Same way on the West Coast. Princess has a limited one but I think it's only 1 week in Spring and Fall when repositioning the Alaska ships.

The above itinerary would violate the Passenger Vessel Services Act. A non-US flagged ship (and NCL's Pride of America is the only US-flagged one) has to stop at least one foreign port. West coast coastal repositioning cruises include a stop in British Columbia.

I'd like more exotic foreign ports-- Asia, India, Africa. And an ATW. It can be available in 30 day segments, as long as we have the option to book a B2B2B to make it a true ATW. Otherwise, we'll have to rely on Princess for the ultimate bucket list cruise.:(

More outlets in the cabins-- maybe include this on new builds.

Incorporate gratuities into the basic cost of the cruise. This won't happen unless it happens industry-wide, otherwise it will look like a huge price increase for anyone trying to compare apples to apples by looking only at the price of the cruise.

Better prizes for trivia! And a rule that trivia hosts must be fully fluent in English!:D

I would only change the entertainment firstly learn from some other lines who now bring in a Broadway show.

Celebrity just won 'best entertainment' award and I was wondering the demographics of the voting panel as I struggle at times with their choice of music entertainment

Pool music needs to change to match the location. The techno stuff round the pool is painful but better than getting the same Zumba cd everyday

Edited by Tiggertastic