Is Everyone Getting This E-Mail re: Liberty Cruise?

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on April 2, 2015, onboard Liberty of the Seas. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal after 12:00 PM. Your check-in window is between 12:00 PM and 3:30 PM. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Liberty of the Seas.

Is there an issue here or are they just trying to avoid congestion at the terminal?

There may be an issue. Usually the ones that people ignore are the ones that request boarding based on deck number where they assign a more specific time.

Other ships are also receiving the e-mails!

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on April 2, 2015, onboard Liberty of the Seas. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal after 12:00 PM. Your check-in window is between 12:00 PM and 3:30 PM. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Liberty of the Seas.

Is there an issue here or are they just trying to avoid congestion at the terminal?

I think that if there is an issue, they specify it, like a USCG drill, or last weeks, where they mentioned testing or maintenance (divers). This sounds like the general anti-congestion letter.

I think that if there is an issue, they specify it, like a USCG drill, or last weeks, where they mentioned testing or maintenance (divers). This sounds like the general anti-congestion letter.

I had thought that the anti congestion letters specified a more specific time to check in based on your deck number. i.e. Deck 8 check in between 1 and 1:30, deck 9 between 1:30 and 2 etc.. Maybe there are 2 sets of letters?

I had thought that the anti congestion letters specified a more specific time to check in based on your deck number. i.e. Deck 8 check in between 1 and 1:30, deck 9 between 1:30 and 2 etc.. Maybe there are 2 sets of letters?

Could be wrong, but I thought the deck specific ones were for Oasis class boarding. :confused:

We were on the march 14 Liberty Sailing and everyone got the same email, no issues, they are just trying to do crowd control. We got there to port everglades at 11am, were on board at the pool deck by noon.

Agree, we were on Liberty this past December and we got the same letter.

They just don't want everyone arriving at the port at the same time.

We had no problems at the port.

We got the same email and message on both our cell phones. We also got the exact same message on our Enchantment cruise in January. We arrived then about 10:45 and were on the pool deck by 11:15 or so. Plan to do the same this Saturday.

Nothing new here. We received the same email before our December cruise

on the Liberty and again in January. Expect we will receive one for this sailing as well.

Kathy

P.S. Just hope the Easter Bunny visits the ship with lots of chocolate goodies.:)

Edited by tomko2

By phone and mail.

But ours was deck-specific:

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on ****, 2015, onboard Adventure of the Seas. To enhance the check-in and boarding experience, we ask that guests arrive to the terminal based on the following times.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 1:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 9 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M.

Guests on deck 8 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 7 should arrive for check-in at 3:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 6 should arrive for check-in at 4:00 P.M.

Guests on decks 3 & 2 should arrive for check-in at 5:00 P.M.

We invite our Suite guests, Platinum and above Crown and Anchor members, and guests with previously arranged transportation to arrive anytime between 1:00 PM and 7:00 PM. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

Edited by JanKP
add more info

So, what happens if you arrive earlier than your boarding time? Do you have to wait? I know I will be there earlier because that is the only time I can be dropped off by family. I will be getting there around 10:30 - 11:00. I am going on Liberty in three weeks so I am sure I will be getting the email or phone call too. Just curious if anyone showed up prior to the designated boarding time and what actually happen.

My wife and I both got the same email yesterday. We are on that same sailing. My DW asked me what do we do about the letter... I said Ignore it. Our checkout time at the Hotel is 11am and Plan to make our way to the terminal at that time. If the personnel at the port have a problem with us arriving at 11 or 11:30, then I'll ask them if they would prefer that we wait out by the curb ;)

dp

My wife and I both got the same email yesterday. We are on that same sailing. My DW asked me what do we do about the letter... I said Ignore it. Our checkout time at the Hotel is 11am and Plan to make our way to the terminal at that time. If the personnel at the port have a problem with us arriving at 11 or 11:30, then I'll ask them if they would prefer that we wait out by the curb ;)

dp

Let us know what happens when you get back. I will be dropped off earlier than what I'm sure my email or phone call will tell me. Curious to see if they are going to make us wait or will get us on. Either way is fine if that is what it is but just curious.

Let us know what happens when you get back. I will be dropped off earlier than what I'm sure my email or phone call will tell me. Curious to see if they are going to make us wait or will get us on. Either way is fine if that is what it is but just curious.

Will do.

dp

dp

We will be seeing you at the port also by 11. Our goal is always to have a Mai Tai in hand by noon :)

In the last few years I always receive this e-mail from Royal caribbean and from other cruise lines. When you arrive earlier what happens depends of the port authorities.For instance, in Port canaveral, they must give permission to the company to let people inside the ship.

So, what happens if you arrive earlier than your boarding time? Do you have to wait? I know I will be there earlier because that is the only time I can be dropped off by family. I will be getting there around 10:30 - 11:00. I am going on Liberty in three weeks so I am sure I will be getting the email or phone call too. Just curious if anyone showed up prior to the designated boarding time and what actually happen.

You will have no issue on Liberty. The email clearly states that anyone with prearranged travel (family dropping you off) is welcome to board anytime. This is purely a suggestion and the lines understand that not everyone will be able to comply.