Regal Mini Suites

coops

It looks like Mini Suite MB on Caribe Deck has life boats sticking out of the side by cabins 318

can anyone confirm this. Been looking at pictures and am very confused. Like to look out and down and not see huge life boats. Thanks

You are right, on Caribe 318 you will have life boats under you. Your view out to sea, i.e., towards the horizon, will be good but if you look down you will see large life boats instead of the sea. Please take a look at the first picture below (Dolphin 226, not over life boats at that point). You can see a life boat toward the left. You would have that under you starting with Cabin 230. The only way to avoid seeing life boats under you is to get a mini forward on Aloha decks or above. Even there it is not like the Grand class ships. On the Grands nearly all minis are on Dolphin deck and their balconies extend over the life boats. One has a good size balcony, a good view towards the horizon and a good view down (sea and waves, not life boats). On the Royal/Regal even a forward mini will not give you a clear view of the sea downwards. Please see the second picture (Dolphin 151). Even though there are no life boats under, the view down is of the section of the promenade deck that is accessible to the crew on the Royal. It is far better than seeing life boats but not as nice as in previous builds. IMO I would much prefer a mini forward to Caribe 318. Also note that the balcony size on Caribe 318 is much smaller than the minis on the Grands. See this thread for additional info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2183759

IMG_0448_zpscarfah6w.jpg

Cruise%201%20198_zpsn6evuki8.jpg

Edited by bluesea321

It looks like Mini Suite MB on Caribe Deck has life boats sticking out of the side by cabins 318

can anyone confirm this. Been looking at pictures and am very confused. Like to look out and down and not see huge life boats. Thanks

You are 3 decks above the lifeboats. You will see them looking down and right next to the boat. They really don't obstruct your view. Its only a few feet out from the side of the ship. If you are sitting on the balcony, you will not see them as you look out to sea.

Mid-ship on Caribe will provide a downward view of the Promenade seating area as well as a larger balcony.:)

If it were my choice, I would pick a mini higher up and towards midship.

You are 3 decks above the lifeboats. You will see them looking down and right next to the boat. They really don't obstruct your view. Its only a few feet out from the side of the ship.

Caribe Deck is only one deck up from the pictures I showed. Don't know the exact beam of the tenders but I estimate somewhere around 12 feet. They stick out completely past the balcony railing as my pictures show. I think the OP can thus evaluate if the view is good for them or not.

Thank you all for the help. Its been a few years since we did Princess and these

new ships and catergories are very frustrating. So trying to decide for my group the

best mini.

Thanks again,

Dawn

Caribe Deck is only one deck up from the pictures I showed. Don't know the exact beam of the tenders but I estimate somewhere around 12 feet. They stick out completely past the balcony railing as my pictures show. I think the OP can thus evaluate if the view is good for them or not.

Well 2 decks down and 12 feet of beam would cover a lot of ocean next to the ship I suppose. However, it was no problem for me. I sit and look out to sea.I don't stare down at the life boats.

Well 2 decks down and 12 feet of beam would cover a lot of ocean next to the ship I suppose. However, it was no problem for me. I sit and look out to sea.I don't stare down at the life boats.

Caribe is one deck from the pictures I showed, not two. It may not be a problem for you but the OP specifically said they like to look down and not see life boats.

Caribe is one deck from the pictures I showed, not two. It may not be a problem for you but the OP specifically said they like to look down and not see life boats.

The life boats are in between decks 7 and of Emerald deck 8. Caribe is deck 10.

I was not referring to your pictures.

Too bad can't have it all.

LOL, no you can't. ;) Not one single Princess Cruises ship has every single feature offered by the line.

:D

Coops is looking for a mini-suite that does not look down on life boats. A view like that is available on the Dolphin deck of Princess' Grand Class ships.

Edited by Mackenzie1

Coops is looking for a mini-suite that does not look down on life boats. A view like that is available on the Dolphin deck of Princess' Grand Class ships.

Ah yes, those cabins on the Grand-class with all of the others looking down on them (speaking of privacy issues!). Sort of like SkyWalk on the Royal-class in reverse, without being R-rated. ;)

From this balcony though, it looks sort of cluttered down there...

8291746888_2c587ec6e8_c.jpg

:D

Actually , we would always get a Emerald Deck Mini the last one that had the extra big balcony and cover above us and no one below us. So yes it was great, could look

down , have big balcony and privacy. But thank you to all for informing me.

I have learned alot so far about this new class of ship.

Dawn

I am considering the regal for the 11 night Baltic cruise next summer.

There are 4 of us so we need a mini suite.

Reg balcony rooms seem to have 2 uppers or permanent rollaway.

Room too small for that. I think deluxe balcony balcony door is blocked

When beds are in use.

So mini suite it is but I was disappointed to see the locations

Have the lifeboats sticking out .

Although having my balcony stick out in full sun with no privacy

(Other ships)? Would be worse for me.

Kerri

I agree with the OP. We also enjoy looking down at the water, and don't want to look down and see lifeboats. I too was confused by the all the categories on the Regal when it came time to pick a cabin. I searched on line for the deck plans, then narrowed it down to a few cabins, and searched on those specific cabins (and a few to the left/right) and was surprised by the feedback I was able to find.

We ended up going to the Lido deck for a mini suite. It's not really where I wanted to be and the mini suite seemed a bit much for us, but we can use the extra space, the view is good, at times it will have shade which is ok by us, and we aren't under the skywalk which has ZERO privacy -who designed that with those balconies right under it? The Princess website makes no mention of the lack of privacy at all, I feel bad for anyone who did not research only to discover it upon opening their balcony door...

what deck is the skywalk and is it aft don't know why I don't see it on deck plans.

thanks

Kerri

The Seawalk is mid-ship on deck 17, the Sun Deck. It's a walk-way that loops out from the ship so that people can walk over the ocean and look down. They can also look down into the balconies below the Seawalk, though.

The Seawalk is mid-ship on deck 17, the Sun Deck. It's a walk-way that loops out from the ship so that people can walk over the ocean and look down. They can also look down into the balconies below the Seawalk, though.

So they would be able to see into the mini suites that are located say room B 526,B 527?

Thanks

Kerri

So they would be able to see into the mini suites that are located say room B 526,B 527?

Thanks

Kerri

Lor74 posted some great pictures of the Regal Princess on her thread, "Live from the Regal Princess--January 18th - 25th". You can find her photo album at the flickr link on her thread. Page 3 of the photo album shows views of the Seawalk looking down at the balconies below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2152553

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98631961@N04/sets/72157648007912243/page3/

Edited by Mackenzie1

Thanks

Kerri

Absolutely not. Those mini-suites are much further aft away from view. Baja Deck is the third balcony deck down as viewed in this picture, and B526 B527 are approximately 1/3 of the way towards the stern away from the SeaWalk.

11205198435_56e844a3b8_b.jpg