Question about Early Saver Rates

ArkTraveler82

We're booked on a Carnival cruise for October and today, the prices dropped $30 per person for our stateroom. This is our first time booking early enough to qualify for the Early Saver rates. We also booked our first aft balcony. The balcony rate is the starting price and then $8.20 per day (for deck 7) is added to the balcony rate. However, there are no longer any aft balconies available. Does that mean we no longer qualify for the ES price decrease? I tried to fill out the form just to run it through Carnival to see whether we get a Yay or Nay but the form asks for the new rate which I can't get since the aft balconies are booked. We also received $100 OBC for booking within 60 days of friends who booked on their last cruise. Would we lose that credit if Carnival does approve our rate decrease?

Thanks for any help and happy cruising!

Shelly

If your category is not available, as in sold out, then you are not eligible for a price drop. Learned this from experience.

This is the way it is BUT recheck when final payments start coming due, some people may give up their reservations making your category available again.

Thanks for the responses everyone. As this was my first time to have an Early Saver Rate, I was really excited to watch and snag the price drops as they came along! But oh well, I paid that price knowing it might stick and I really am super excited about experiencing an extended aft balcony for the first time. I'm just happy to be cruising! :D

Tree critter, I went ahead and called Carnival last night and the nice representative on the other end of the line said the same thing. She said don't stop checking because if someone cancels or upgrades and a room in our category opens up, then we'd be eligible for any lower prices at that time. So there is STILL hope, lol.

Happy Cruising!

Also there is a good chance you would lose your OBC since you would be booking under a new rate.

You get the benifits of the new rate, not both

So you have to make sure the price drop is big enough to cover thing like OBC you might have gotten with your first rate.

Buyer bewere

Your OBC from Friends and Family voucher are not affected by changes in rate or changes in fare. OBC received from a promotion can be effected by changes in rate.

Thanks for the info. I wondered if the fact that the OBC was received from a voucher rather than a rate available to everyone would protect it.