Rum

nancynana9950

Is it worth going to Gosling's to purchase Black Seal Rum? Ever since I had my first Rum Swizzle it's one of my favorite drinks and we make them at home quite often. Using the original Swizzle Inn recipe!

You can purchase it in Hamilton and they will send it to the ship you will not have to lug it around. Or, you can buy it on the ship, either way you will get it delivered the last evening on the cruise.

Is it worth going to Gosling's to purchase Black Seal Rum? Ever since I had my first Rum Swizzle it's one of my favorite drinks and we make them at home quite often. Using the original Swizzle Inn recipe!

We brought a bottle of Goslings home from Bermuda, last year -- only to find it at our local "Total Wines 'n More", lol! We use ours to make Dark-n-Stormies, though. :cool:

I was under the impression that the Goslings Gold Rum was used in the rum swizzles. Am I mistaken?

I have found it here in Florida, where we are winding up our winter stay, at Total Wine. Have also been able to get it near home in NY. Just wondering if it's cheaper in Bermuda. I know Tequila is half the cost in Mexico. I'm hoping to find some good buys in Bermuda when we go in October

I would say the only thing you would save pricewise in the duty because Bermuda is a duty free port. Not sure how much difference that would make in the price. Check out the price around home before you leave and compare the prices when you are in Bermuda.

We go to Goslings for the 151 . :D

NCL ships only sell the 140 proof .

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/alcoholic-beverages

Sadly, we can't do that, as we fly to the port, and TSA regulations (see link) prohibit 151 Rum in checked baggage. :(

Even though we can find our favorite libations (including Goslings) locally, Washington's liquor taxes are some of the highest around. So, we usually take some bubble wrap, to bring home a bottle or two of duty-free booze. :cool:

The recipe I found for Swizzle Inn uses both Black Seal Rum and gold or Amber rum. Also something called Velvet Falernum.

We bought Falernum at the Goslings shop on Front street. My husband wanted to make Rum Swizzles at home so we bought regular Dark Goslings, Amber Goslings, and Falernum at Goslings. Our swizzles taste pretty authentic. Now Hannafords grocery sells Goslings Ginger Beer, so we can have Dark n' Stormies at home as well. Two years since we've been to Bermuda, so it looks like we will be stopping into Goslings to pick up some rum. lol

Lorie