Drink with a view FLL

foodgirl

Any suggestions for a place to watch the ship parade on Saturday April 4. We would like to have some drinks and food and enjoy the view. We are staying at the Renaissance on 17 th and would like to walk if we could. Thanks for any suggestions.

There are no restaurants or bars in the port. Some tables at Quarterdeck Dania Beach, Oasis, H2O, Casablanca's and Lulu's Bait Shack have distant views of the ships, but they are not walking distance from Renaissance.

It might make more sense to walk to the top of the 17th St bridge and watch the ships from there, then walk over to Bimini Boatyard for drinks and food on the patio. The ships start going out after 4.

The place to view ship sailaways in Fort Lauderdale used to be at the revolving lounge atop Hyatt Regency Pier 66. When the hotel changed ownership, that lounge was closed for private party use. In my opinion, a stupid mistake. They lost my business since they have done so.

The suggestions made by royalcruz are your best bets, I think.

I will be sailing out on the conquest 4/4 as well. If you wanted to watch the ships sail without food and drink, you can walk down the beach to the jetty rocky area where the ships sail out the channel. I've done it before & enjoyed it. Planning on doing it again post cruise.

I will be sailing out on the conquest 4/4 as well. If you wanted to watch the ships sail without food and drink, you can walk down the beach to the jetty rocky area where the ships sail out the channel. I've done it before & enjoyed it. Planning on doing it again post cruise.

Thanks for the suggestion. Wasn't sure if we could walk there from our hotel or not. Always wanted to do it but hubby is not big on long walks. I will check it out.

Thanks for the suggestion. Wasn't sure if we could walk there from our hotel or not. Always wanted to do it but hubby is not big on long walks. I will check it out.

We went to see the ships leave the port the day before we were cruising in February. I would say it takes 15- 20 minutes from the bridge to the beach at a steady pace.

Josée

We went to see the ships leave the port the day before we were cruising in February. I would say it takes 15- 20 minutes from the bridge to the beach at a steady pace.

Josée

That's not too bad. We may try it. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.