Waffles with ice cream from buttler?

wesnliz

Waffles are usually available only on breakfast so since there is no place serving those late at night, it might prove difficult to get them from anywhere. But it never hurts to ask if they can come up with something.

I'd almost ask for extra waffles at breakfast, put them on a plate in your room (with note to not remove), then order ice cream from room service menue. They wouldn't be warm, but when the ice cream starts melting I find morning-made waffles to be the best bc the ice cream softens them.

Eta: I have no idea why my iPad spells menu menue.

What are the chances of getting waffles with ice cream late night from out butler? It's wifeys favorite drunk food.

Late night you won't have your butler that's assigned to your cabin, there's a night time butler. The butlers usually work til 9-10pm then the night butler takes over.

Late night you won't have your butler that's assigned to your cabin, there's a night time butler. The butlers usually work til 9-10pm then the night butler takes over.

It depends on the suite...we were in the Garden Vila and our butler was on call 24x7....my daughter ordered pizza at 1am and was upset when she found out they woke our butler up to serve it....she never ordered again as she felt really bad and really liked him. It might just be the Garden Villa's that are that way though

It depends on the suite...we were in the Garden Vila and our butler was on call 24x7....my daughter ordered pizza at 1am and was upset when she found out they woke our butler up to serve it....she never ordered again as she felt really bad and really liked him. It might just be the Garden Villa's that are that way though

There are always Butlers available 24/7, but they rotate or have a dedicated night butler. There is not a dedicated butler for the GV's, our last three cruises in DOS's have shared our Butler with one of the GV's. When they were off the night butler covered. Perhaps your butler was covering when you called?

There are always Butlers available 24/7, but they rotate or have a dedicated night butler. There is not a dedicated butler for the GV's, our last three cruises in DOS's have shared our Butler with one of the GV's. When they were off the night butler covered. Perhaps your butler was covering when you called?

No our butler Caesar told us he was 24x7 - we talked about how he kept his phone next to his bed. .....maybe he just choose to work that way but he said it to us we didn't assume it

What are the chances of getting waffles with ice cream late night from out butler? It's wifeys favorite drunk food.

It should not be any problem at all, that is what the butlers are for.

Items from kitchens are only available when they are made in the kitchen. That would be a far request to get waffles from the buffet and then get ice cream. In the evening there wont be any waffles.

One time we could not get tiramisu cake from La Cucina to go with coffee in the morning.

They also will not allow you to get appetizers or desserts from the specialty restaurants delivered to the Haven. They used to allow this but we were told no.

If you want something delivered, the restaurant where it is located must be open and the item must be being served at that time.

I used to read stories how butlers delivered mushroom soup from Le Bistro for lunch to their cabin. This is not possible anymore.

Edited by david_sobe

Items from kitchens are only available when they are made in the kitchen. That would be a far request to get waffles from the buffet and then get ice cream. In the evening there wont be any waffles.

One time we could not get tiramisu cake from La Cucina to go with coffee in the morning.

They also will not allow you to get appetizers or desserts from the specialty restaurants delivered to the Haven. They used to allow this but we were told no.

If you want something delivered, the restaurant where it is located must be open and the item must be being served at that time.

I used to read stories how butlers delivered mushroom soup from Le Bistro for lunch to their cabin. This is not possible anymore.

That's a shame. With the premium paid, you should be able to have those things delivered to your suite.

So no more dinners from Cagneys served on your balcony by the Butler?

Is this only for those ships where there is a Haven restaurant?

I think he's saying that you can only get dinner in your suite at dinner time. They won't make something from the Cagney's dinner menu at breakfast or at lunch, let alone 3am.

Edited by cadien

So no more dinners from Cagneys served on your balcony by the Butler?

Is this only for those ships where there is a Haven restaurant?

No that is not true at all. You can have any breakfast, lunch, or dinner served in your suite (if cover charge applies).

I was pointing out when a restaurant is not open i.e. Le Bistro for lunch, you cant get their soup for lunch. In addition, you cant get a dessert or appetizer from a specialty restaurant unless you pay the full cover charge. We asked for the sliders from Cagneys for an appetizer one night at the Haven restaurant and they said no. So I guess you cant even get the Le Bistro soup delivered even for dinner unless you would pay the entire cover charge. We never did this before but I read so many times on CC that people did this. Maybe there was abuse of the system but they were very firm with no. But you can get anything from the MDR delivered at breakfast time, lunch time, or dinner time.

Edited by david_sobe