Re-arranging Furniture

pantherpaw

I'm booked in an aft balcony on the Jewel. I've looked at a lot of pictures of the Jewel's balcony cabins but have only seen a few where the beds were separated. What I'd really like to do is separate the beds and have one bed swap places with the couch, moving it closer to the balcony. Is this possible?

We did move the beds in our room from the wall that was opposite a noisy cabin to the opposite wall which helped a lot. The cabin steward asked us to move them back on the last day of the cruise and we did. I think you could do the same to make your cabin how you like it.

Keep in mind that most couches are also hide-a-beds . They very heavy and not easily moved. If your caught , the room steward will get in trouble for allowing it . His supervisor does periodic checks of the rooms during a cruise.

Edited by Kamloops50

Who wants to start re-arranging furniture on a cruise?!!?

I was thinking the same thing. But hey some people want to do laundry on a short 7 night cruise.. Some people want to sit in their cabin and watch DVD movies! :confused: Each to their own...

:D

Is it possible for me to build a conservatory on the balcony? We really like to sit there late evening, but it gets a bit chilly.

I'm a pretty handy guy with tools. I was thinking about booking an oceanview and enlarging the opening myself so that I could build my own balcony. Would this be allowed or do they frown upon that sort of DIY project?

Jim

I'm booked in an aft balcony on the Jewel. I've looked at a lot of pictures of the Jewel's balcony cabins but have only seen a few where the beds were separated. What I'd really like to do is separate the beds and have one bed swap places with the couch, moving it closer to the balcony. Is this possible?

If you are laying in bed, what more do you think you'll see???:confused:

I know yall think it is funny but my friend and I rearrange the beds and couch a lot, and yes the couch is heavy...lol. The room steward actually has done it before but we usually do it ourselves. No one has ever told us anything about not doing it.We are both married and hubbys don't like cruising so we spread out our beds. The newer ships..Getaway and Breakaway have the sofas bolted down...lol...true story!!

I'll let you know Jim. I have just submitted plans for the conservatory, and awaiting a reply.

Thanks! Keep me posted. If it's a go, I'll have to figure out how to smuggle a Reciprocating Saw in my carryon!

Jim

I know yall think it is funny but my friend and I rearrange the beds and couch a lot, and yes the couch is heavy...lol. The room steward actually has done it before but we usually do it ourselves. No one has ever told us anything about not doing it.We are both married and hubbys don't like cruising so we spread out our beds. The newer ships..Getaway and Breakaway have the sofas bolted down...lol...true story!!

My friend and I are also both married and cruise together because my husband says "he is cruised out" so I take my girlfriend along, and her husband is OK with her coming along with me. We just tell them when we book that we want the beds separated and they do it before we cruise!

I hear there is a new service charge of $16.95, for our convenience, if the bed layout is changed from how it is originally set upon boarding.

Stay tuned for 263 posts and NCL social media with announce it.

Edited by pizzalady1