Cirque Dreams Not Included with UDP

monkeybone

Jennifer,

So glad this has finally worked itself out, especially with all the time and effort you put in on trying to get what was rightfully yours.

I feel bad for those who might have experienced the exact same as you and did not push to pursue it further. They have lost out because of a 'computer glitch' and I would not be surprised if no one at NCL goes out of their way to rectify it for others.

flsl40

I am sorry to read that you are affected by the date of the change. I had the UDP under the promo, after hearing rumours of the removal of first night free I was able to have that selection changed to one that was more beneficial for us(OBC). The first night's show was the reason we chose that perk.

Rochelle

We are leaving in July and purchased our UDP in January and are being told Unfortunately this offer is no longer available for sailings on or after July 03, 2015.

UGH.......They should honor whoever purchased the package before they made this change.

Jennifer,

So glad this has finally worked itself out, especially with all the time and effort you put in on trying to get what was rightfully yours.

I feel bad for those who might have experienced the exact same as you and did not push to pursue it further. They have lost out because of a 'computer glitch' and I would not be surprised if no one at NCL goes out of their way to rectify it for others.

flsl40

I am sorry to read that you are affected by the date of the change. I had the UDP under the promo, after hearing rumours of the removal of first night free I was able to have that selection changed to one that was more beneficial for us(OBC). The first night's show was the reason we chose that perk.

Rochelle

Thanks Rochelle..It would have been nice if Vivian would have sent an email. It was very easy for Amy to look into it and in a day it was fixed. They just won't admit it was a mistake on their part.

I want to thank everyone on CC......You guys had my back and gave me great advice. It is appreciated :)

Someone named Amy contacted me from my post on FB. She works for NCL.

She looked into it and said it was a computer glitch. I then received and Entertainment confirmation with Cirque Dreams booked at 5:45.

I never did hear back from Vivian or Elizabeth.

I have been following your plight with great interest. I'm so glad your persistance paid off since you knew you were in the right. Have a great cruise.

Excellent, good to hear! Sorry you had such a run around, but it will make your first evening on the boat that much more special :D

Yes that is true. I have never had to work that hard for something that could have been so easy for NCL to fix.

I have been following your plight with great interest. I'm so glad your persistance paid off since you knew you were in the right. Have a great cruise.

Thank you so much. Having the CC gang in my corner really did help. I would have thrown in the towel after the first day.

UGH.......They should honor whoever purchased the package before they made this change.

Absolutely agree and expect no less.

We paid for UDP in February, sail in September, and fully expect that Illusionarium will be included with our UDP on our first night as advertised and paid for!

Monkeybone, good news & thanks for the update. Never underestimate the weights of social media to help the 'little' people win one, a symbolic one.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Taptatalk

Absolutely....You have been a great help through all this!

It really is a shame that the higher up the ladder you go on NCL the worse it is!

It took an NCL worker Amy that saw my post on FB to say it was a glitch.

Vivian or the other executives should have emailed back.

Glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. No fun being lied to!

Norwegian is being so steadfast they they are not honoring that we booked in Janauary and sailing in July. We purchased the UDP package with the impression that we would get the first night as part of the package. I have escalted to a supervisor's. supervisor and they are giving me the royal run around. I am a very persistent person who does not quit very easily, so I will see what happens.

[quote name='yanks23']Norwegian is being so steadfast they they are not honoring that we booked in Janauary and sailing in July. We purchased the UDP package with the impression that we would get the first night as part of the package. I have escalted to a supervisor's. supervisor and they are giving me the royal run around. I am a very persistent person who does not quit very easily, so I will see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. After going through what I did for the same thing that is before July, I can only imagine what you are going to go through.

The supervisor Elizabeth from NCL never called me back.

Vivian never emailed me back after the few I posted here.

Like others have said maybe social media is the way to go.

Good luck...Keep us posted.

Yanks23 - if this get nowhere, do what monkeybone did - as a matter of principles - post to social media for a response, all the way up to COO, who finally acknowledged it for a followup (by delegating to an assistant down the pipeline, of course) - shame them for embarassment. It's not the money per se but breach in public trust among its customers.

Obviously, grandfathered provisions are out the balconies ... "NCL" is reading these forum & posts - shame on them for playing these games in how these changes are rolling out.

Not suggesting that everyone do this with a "minor" problem to IM the COO or alike, but as they say, where does the bucks stopped !! Edited by mking8288

I was so fed up that we ended up changing to our gratuities paid. We only eat at a few restaurants. I hope that everyone lets NCL know what they are doing is bogus. This will be my last NCL cruise. I left a message for 2 supervisors and am sure will not get a call back. They seem to care about the bottom line versus any type of customer satisfaction. If I treated my clients the same way I would be out of a job.

This new CEO I guess wants to make a little more money versus keeping satisfied customers. I have never experienced supervisors who would not make any exceptions if they know they are in the wrong. Even my travel agent got the run around. If it was not so late I would have cancelled and booked on another cruise line.

I hope they do read these blogs because it makes them really look bad.

[quote name='fsls40']I will talk to my group 8 us and see if they want to cancel the UDP so NO SHOW NO 119 x 8= 952.00 for NCL !!![/QUOTE]

On another thread it was suggested that we keep our UDP, pay for the dinner show, and then reduce DSC's by the cost of the show, making it crystal clear what the reason is.

Since there are only limited slots for UDP, if you cancel, those openings could be purchased by someone who is unaware of the change, and NCL would be completely unaware of the stand you took.

By keeping UDP, attending the show, and then reducing DCS's, there's no way NCL could not be aware!

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']On another thread it was suggested that we keep our UDP, pay for the dinner show, and then reduce DSC's by the cost of the show, making it crystal clear what the reason is.

Since there are only limited slots for UDP, if you cancel, those openings could be purchased by someone who is unaware of the change, and NCL would be completely unaware of the stand you took.

By keeping UDP, attending the show, and then reducing DCS's, there's no way NCL could not be aware![/QUOTE]

When i was reading through the guest contract to find out if NCL could do some of things they were doing, I know I read that you could not reduce the pre paid gratuities on board. You would have to go the guest services desk and they would give you a form to fill out so you can request the refund to be sent to you after the cruise. I will see if I can find it from the ncl .com site and post for you. Edited by tiffygirl

Just wanted to give everyone the current status. I sent an email with my concerns to the CEO. I received a call from the CEO's assistant which was very nice and booked us for the first night to the dinner show. I wish others at NCL would take her lead. The assistant was very nice. I do now have some faith back in NCL. You sometimes have to go to the top to get things resolved. I do appreciate NCL doing the right thing. I told her that is someone got the UDP before the policy changed they should honor the original purchase and only set the policy after it changed for people that purchased it after the fact.

[quote name='yanks23']Just wanted to give everyone the current status. I sent an email with my concerns to the CEO. I received a call from the CEO's assistant which was very nice and booked us for the first night to the dinner show. I wish others at NCL would take her lead. The assistant was very nice. I do now have some faith back in NCL. You sometimes have to go to the top to get things resolved. I do appreciate NCL doing the right thing. I told her that is someone got the UDP before the policy changed they should honor the original purchase and only set the policy after it changed for people that purchased it after the fact.[/QUOTE]

Great news! When is your cruise? Where do I find the CEO's email address?

Thanks!

ETA: Nevermind, I see your cruise is 6/6... which is before the July cut-off - or do you have another after? Edited by Wendy&Grumpy

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']Great news! When is your cruise? Where do I find the CEO's email address?

Thanks!

ETA: Nevermind, I see your cruise is 6/6... which is before the July cut-off - or do you have another after?[/QUOTE]

The July cut-off shouldn't make a difference if it was included when your booked.

Harriet

[quote name='hpecorari']The July cut-off shouldn't make a difference if it was included when your booked.

Harriet[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.

I'm just wondering if the reason they were so willing to add it is because their cruise is actually before the cut-off for the "new" rules anyhow.

Our cruise isn't until September, so we still have a few months before we can even try to book it. I'm hoping that it's no longer an issue by then, but we shall see!

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']On another thread it was suggested that we keep our UDP, pay for the dinner show, and then reduce DSC's by the cost of the show, making it crystal clear what the reason is.

By keeping UDP, attending the show, and then reducing DCS's, there's no way NCL could not be aware![/QUOTE]

This suggestion is why for our December cruise I am getting ready to cancel our pre-paid gratuities. That way I will be able to reduce on-board the DSC to pay for the cirque show that was part of our cruise purchase back in January. Also on another thread there is rumors that Cagneys will no longer be part of the UDP after July 2. If that ends up being correct then there will even more money to remove off our DSC. Maybe NCL will get a clue if enough people drop down their DSC to pay for what they were promised, but is now being taken away by NCL.

[quote name='Wendy&Grumpy']I agree 100%.

I'm just wondering if the reason they were so willing to add it is because their cruise is actually before the cut-off for the "new" rules anyhow.

Our cruise isn't until September, so we still have a few months before we can even try to book it. I'm hoping that it's no longer an issue by then, but we shall see![/QUOTE]

I have a funny feeling they are going to remove it from the UDP and make it one of those 25% off deals. Which, in and of itself isn't right for those that have booked their cruise already with the UDP believing Cagney's was included.

Time will tell....

Harriet

[quote name='hpecorari']I have a funny feeling they are going to remove it from the UDP and make it one of those 25% off deals. Which, in and of itself isn't right for those that have booked their cruise already with the UDP believing Cagney's was included.

Time will tell....

Harriet[/QUOTE]

If they do remove Cagneys and with the loss of the first night free for dinner-shows this will greatly reduce the value of the UDP for those on the larger ships. It already had a diminished value in comparison for those on the smaller ships.

Another consideration is perhaps a change in the cover charge.

The statement direct from NCL only mentions a menu change and for the life of me I can not figure out why a simple menu change would requuire the halting of bookings. Now if they were changing the steakhouse to an all vegan restaurant I would understand completely. LOL:D

Rochelle