Carnival Miracle 3/21/15 Photo Review of First Post Drydock cruise

cdamion

Next it was off to the Oceanriders tour. Here is the sister boat to the one we were on. While we left the dock together, we went in separate directions to search for whales.

16784725517_8c302230a5_z.jpg

More sights and back out to the arch before heading off to search for whales.

16992099545_e33b1743ff_z.jpg

16966149126_0c3c373a74_z.jpg

16804649030_e6dc3260fc_z.jpg

The following pics are from the deck hand on board the zodiac, so I can’t claim them. He did a pretty good job of photographing everyone along the way with the DVD for sale, of course. Worth it though – particularly since I just had my waterproof camera on the boat.

Lover’s Beach:

16800469539_efeb9fb2ee_z.jpg

16799214210_8016c858b0_z.jpg

16985312472_ce01b04f29_z.jpg

16985310272_0827afccc7_z.jpg

After the whale watching we headed over to Medano Beach to grab some lunch. We stopped at a place that had fantastic fish tacos last time we were here. Unfortunately the food didn’t arrive for 45 minutes and we had to cancel the order and leave to get the water taxi back to catch the tender back to the ship.

16992096695_3d15a8c208_z.jpg

As I was climbing the “steps” to get onto the water taxi, a wave came from behind the boat and my foot slipped sideways on the step right into a sharp edge on the side cutting my foot wide open. This is the ladder folded onto the boat. You can see the triangle towards the top of the picture just to the right – perfect blade.

16966145426_ee46204e8a_z.jpg

As you might imagine it felt incredibly lovely, what with the salt water and sand that got into the cut.

Once we got back near the tender dock, I grabbed a couple souvenirs from one of the shops and headed back towards the ship. I got a really interesting look from security when they saw my foot.

Once I got back to the cabin I cleaned the cut out – again a lovely feeling and actually got to use the first aid kit that I always bring but have never needed.

Here is the sunset to Day 6.

16985761131_9d6cde910a_z.jpg

After the sunset we ate and just hung around the various venues on the ship – including, of course, Red Frog and Alchemy. I thought things would be busy since this was our second formal evening and the next night would be everybody packing. I was wrong. A very quiet crowd continued to be very quiet.

Stay tuned for the final day and post-cruise wrap up. Only a couple pics left, but for some reason I am actually expected to work to get paid. I’ll wrap it up tonight or tomorrow.

You can come and go all night long. We get in at noon and back on board by 2:30pm. You change your clocks on the way down so you are the same as local time.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered. Does the ship stay on west coast time or does it change to local port time?

Love your review, thank you for sharing!

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered. Does the ship stay on west coast time or does it change to local port time?

We had to turn our clocks one hour forward prior to arriving in Puerto Vallarta, and we stayed on that time until we left Cabo.

cdamion -- thanks for sharing your pics. I didn't take enough and yours look great. By any chance on the water taxi did you have 2 people sitting across from you from California? Some of the shots look like exactly what we saw (like the guys in the tiny boat) but I know there are a million water taxis. We dropped off some people at Medano beach first, then it was just myself, my wife, and 3 other people on the other side of the boat.

Edited by wlc108

We had to turn our clocks one hour forward prior to arriving in Puerto Vallarta, and we stayed on that time until we left Cabo.

cdamion -- thanks for sharing your pics. I didn't take enough and yours look great. By any chance on the water taxi did you have 2 people sitting across from you from California? Some of the shots look like exactly what we saw (like the guys in the tiny boat) but I know there are a million water taxis. We dropped off some people at Medano beach first, then it was just myself, my wife, and 3 other people on the other side of the boat.

It was the boys and I. I had a black Puerto Vallarta hat on. Blue waterproof camera on my wrist with an orange strap. We got on over by the corner of the bay, dropped some people off at Medano, then the tour then dropped maybe you off, we continued on to be dropped off by the Oceanriders dock.

- - -

Small correction - we moved clocks back to west coast time the night before Cabo as Cabo is one hour earlier than PV.

Our first cruise was on the Miracle, so she will always hold a special place in my heart. :) Would love to see her after some TLC and upgrades, but it does make me sad they no longer have the full show band. That was a highlight for us. They were SO good! Thank you for sharing your review, and especially all of the wonderful photos. Your sunset pictures are gorgeous!

Lisa

Great review! I have yet to sail on a Spirit class ship. I've looked at the Miracle's Mexico itinerary from Long Beach several times and keep saying I'm going to do it one day. Thanks for sharing all your great pics. :)

Great review! I have yet to sail on a Spirit class ship. I've looked at the Miracle's Mexico itinerary from Long Beach several times and keep saying I'm going to do it one day. Thanks for sharing all your great pics. :)

It is my favorite class. So much less crowded.

The week long LA crowd is much less of a party crowd than sailing out of east coast ports. Not sure if it is just more families. I was with my kids, but in the evenings they were off at 02 and I was essentially solo. I didn't really make friends on board until the last couple days.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I love the Miracle and will be on her for the 3rd time in September. I'm excited about the Red Frog Pub and Alchemy Bar but more excited that the decking on Serenity has been replaced. And maybe I'm a "chairhog" that you speak of, we get up early and head to Serenity to get a seat that we tend to stay in all day and yes, sometimes that is a clamshell :). However, we don't "save" our spot, one of us is there at all times.

I love the pictures of your boys dressed up, they are very handsome and look super happy!

Thank you again, this is great!

Once again, thanks for the great review. I had a question that I haven't seen any response to, but do you know if they left you a 15% off excursion coupon when you boarded? My friends that went last year, said they did, but I wondered if they still did it. He said it saved them a decent amount of change for his family of 4.

Did you have issues with the TV? Just got off the 3/28 cruise and the interactive tv- menus and being able to see room charges were not working for the entire voyage. Also there were no movies available to purchase and the tv seemed to distort a lot and go blank at times.