Holy **** Batman - Price Drop

titangas

Congrats on your price drop. I gotta say NCL's price drops sure don't seem to be following a pattern. Two posters with price drops for cruises in the far future yet on Europe prices that I've been watching, no price drops for May, 2015.

I would consider May for Europe at this point as fairly last minute. Just for fun I checked out some other Europe sailings and was surprised to see that the other lines have dropped their prices for May.

Example: Disney Magic 7 nt sailing on 5/30 all in for two (including port fees and taxes) inside gar. is currently $3294 with a $235 cash card from TA. The closest NCL sailing on the Star has one more port, Warnemude, and their lowest price all in for an inside gar is $3207 with $25 obc.

Princess Europe balconies in May are under the $1000 mark at this point, HAL is also priced lower than NCL.

Either NCL is selling better than Disney or they have adopted a new bottom line and are not going to sell cabins for less than x price. Granted, I'm only comparing last minute which I consider now thru end of May.

The EU cruises sold well(OV up) they had 2 choices, the Dec Jan prices were very good but they put the March onwards up and still sold well

end of April start of May are seeing some adjustments on the Spirit and Jade.

The choice promo in EU finish 8th April so there may be new promo or price drops.

Just returned from the Sun yesterday - Great trip and I will post review later this week.

For the heck of it I was checking my Alaska 2016 booking price on Pearl.

I had booked a 2br suite for 5 for $15,473.45 with UDP, UBP and $300 OBC

Now it is $11,494.75 with UDP, UBP, $200 OBC and Prepaid Grats (guest 1 and 2)

Hmm what should I do, NCL tried to tell me if I go with the new price that I will loose $100 OBC and that even though I prepaid gratuities, if I take the new deal that guest 3-5 will increase from $12 to $14.95 pp/pd.

Can you believe they would say that?????

Let's see I lose $100 OBC and pay $63 in DSC for $163

But pay $3,979 less

That was the toughest decision I have ever made.

What type of 2 bedroom...Owners? Family?

Thank you! I just checked prices for my cruise and the price has dropped, cheapest I have seen it since I booked a year ago. I called and rebooked in Australian dollars (no more stressing about the Aussie dollar going down) and estimate we have saved around AU$600 plus we now have the gratuities included. Happy with that.

Just returned from the Sun yesterday - Great trip and I will post review later this week.

For the heck of it I was checking my Alaska 2016 booking price on Pearl.

I had booked a 2br suite for 5 for $15,473.45 with UDP, UBP and $300 OBC

Now it is $11,494.75 with UDP, UBP, $200 OBC and Prepaid Grats (guest 1 and 2)

Hmm what should I do, NCL tried to tell me if I go with the new price that I will loose $100 OBC and that even though I prepaid gratuities, if I take the new deal that guest 3-5 will increase from $12 to $14.95 pp/pd.

Can you believe they would say that?????

Let's see I lose $100 OBC and pay $63 in DSC for $163

But pay $3,979 less

That was the toughest decision I have ever made.

Call again, I just did the same thing with 2 booked cruises and WE kept the amenities package of UDP, Gratuities paid for for the first 2 guests and free 3rd and 4th persons in our suite. I saved $2,500 by checking the prices. This price drop happened within 10 days of my booking, with the promotion still being offered. The case may be if you go for the lower booking price, and promotion has ended you may lose the perk. My NCL person told me that I could "lose" the choice suite I booked in the seconds that it took to cancel the booking and re book. She said she was obligated to tell me this, she said she hadn't seen in happen, but in theory it could happen. I took my chances and in seconds saves many $$$ and kept the same suite. Looking forward to this cruise with my sisters.

Edited by gwsster
correction

Thanks for the heads up! Just checked my 4 cruises and 3 have stayed the same and 1 has increased. Suites (both Haven and non-Haven) rarely seem to drop in price but it's all good!

Remember to remove the "cookies" from your browser or use another brower, otherwise the same prices keep showing up OR your cruise date won't show if you go through the booking process to check for price change for your room category. Thought you might want to know.

Was happily surprised to see our Oct 9 2016 Breakaway cruise to Bermuda had pretty big price drop overnight. We are four adults in Category 01 Family Oceanview with Ultimate Beverage Package. Price dropped from $2,927.26 to $2,481.26 :) No problem in having my PCC change the price on the booking.

The cruise fare (including AARP discount) is $1,714.10 and port fees/taxes are $707.16. Much as I dislike some of the things NCL is doing right now there are some really good deals available. I'm hoping prices don't go through the roof after current promos end but lol we have 4 cruises already booked :)

I did get it! Very funny. :D But can't believe how many people realize after changing plans that they've lost some bennies.

I do not know if you are referring to me.

But in actually I did not LOSE any benefits.

I still got UDP, UBP, OBC (although changed -$100)

AND I got prepaid DSC for guest 1 and 2 (about $170) -- Which I did not have before.

Which is worth more than the $100 less in OBC.

The only other difference was that they have no way top prepay gratuities under the new promo, so that is why I have to pay the extra 2.95 for guest 3-5, the money I prepaid went toward an additional deposit.

So ALL in ALL I am about $7 ahead on the promos, plus the price drop.

I do not know if you are referring to me.

But in actually I did not LOSE any benefits.

I still got UDP, UBP, OBC (although changed -$100)

AND I got prepaid DSC for guest 1 and 2 (about $170) -- Which I did not have before.

Which is worth more than the $100 less in OBC.

The only other difference was that they have no way top prepay gratuities under the new promo, so that is why I have to pay the extra 2.95 for guest 3-5, the money I prepaid went toward an additional deposit.

So ALL in ALL I am about $7 ahead on the promos, plus the price drop.

No, just in general. The joke was that the NCL rep informed the poster of his losses if he changed booking, but he was saving thousands! He was chuckling because it didn't seem necessary to mention the losses -- but it's just to cover the proverbial arse -- and for those who don't realize until it's too late!:D