Cagney's - No more online bookings (official)

insanemagnet

Because I just Did book it again online

Why would I make that up?

Some Gem cruisers say it is also available for them.

If I can figure out a screen shot on this old Ipad I will take one and show you!

WHY WHY WHY are- only negative postings things believable? You yourself don't trust NCL yet you BELEIVE their post?.

I booked Cagney's not 5 minutes before I came on to Cc tonight-I haven't been on for a few daysmaybe.

Couldn't understand the Cagney's thing.

As I had just booked a reservation for 6 people at 7pm using my UDP.

Wow.

Just wow.

I totally believe you made a reservation for Cagneys. Have you read post # 31 official statement from Norwegian Cruise Line made this afternoon, which states that reservations cannot be made? I am trying to point out the absurdity of a company making a flat statement that Cagneys reservations can only be made on board while people are continuing to make them pre cruise while the statement is being made. I have just had it with NCL's misinformation!

uh-oh....Please don't take away my raspberry creme brulee NCL!!! :(:(

Nah, they're probably going to take it away from the UDP and give the 25% discount to it for those that have the UDP.

However, I just checked MyNCL right before I starting typing this and I am able to make a reservation for Cagney's for my June sailing if I wanted to.

NCL's right hand does not know what it's left hand is doing. LOL

Harriet

Well, see the response from NCL made here today that Cagneys is no longer available to book pre cruise. How can you possibly be booking it online?? Surely they know what they are talking about! And IF, it varies by ship and date, surely they could have imparted this information in their statement?

Let me try to :eek: decipher, second guess, perhaps* ( first ... disclaimers about, subject to change without advance notice, at cruiseline's sole discretion, without requiring implied consent, expressed approval granted by virture of pax's full payment as acceptance, yada yada)

The rollout of the new NEXT enhancements, something COO A. Stuart eluded to @ his 'live' twitter event in mid-March, could re-establish Cagneys' online booking availability later but new items would be excluded from coverage, items not changed would be grandfathered in, but .... And, nothing warrantied in any and all forward looking "statements" issued NCL, its employees, crews, agents and TA partners, etc. :rolleyes: are deemed final.

Perhaps, I emphasize - perhaps - it would go Freestyle with feestyling, and designate that no reservations are necessary on such & such date forward, just show up & be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. Cagneys menu items can be ordered via and served at La Cucina, Ocean Blue, LeBistro and even at Shanghai Noodles (for those who wished to dress casually for dinner) - now, that would resolve the reservations availability problems as being reported lately - non-certified claims, of course - by some CC'ers.

Welcome to a new "mosiac" dining experience (now, imagine the MDR with a choice of 1, 2, 3, 4 or maybe 5 dining options all under one "tent" ... huh, I might be onto something - how about it ?? Don't laugh because anything is possible these days, the Norwegian way !! :p

Meanwhile, take a few slow & deep breaths, borrowing that famous 1992 quote - "Can We All Get Along ?"

Sorry, punkincc- I totally misunderstood your point.

And I STILL cannot get a darned screen shot.!!!

I read the statement from NCL but , as one who has had her cruise cancelled by NCL when she called in her final payment several years ago....that was a big Ooops. They managed to get us our suite back, but I didn't even notice the cruise was deleted-didn't use NCL.com much back then but saw a credit for the big deposit in my next month's AMEX bill.sorry off topic!

I didnt BElieve their post in this thread.

Have a dandy evening!

Sorry, punkincc- I totally misunderstood your point.

And I STILL cannot get a darned screen shot.!!!

I read the statement from NCL but , as one who has had her cruise cancelled by NCL when she called in her final payment several years ago....that was a big Ooops. They managed to get us our suite back, but I didn't even notice the cruise was deleted-didn't use NCL.com much back then but saw a credit for the big deposit in my next month's AMEX bill.sorry off topic!

I didnt BElieve their post in this thread.

Have a dandy evening!

No problem! My post was full of sarcasm ( toward NCL ) and you apparently read it literally. Very easy to do.

It is unfortunate that they have created such a confusing environment surrounding the changes they are implementing and have made themselves look like idiots.

Question I asked on NCL FB page.

Why has NCL stopped letting us book reservations for Cagneys Steakhouse ? Are you planning on new charges, raising the price or something like

Their reply.

Norwegian Cruise Line Hi Kevin, we've looked into your questions, as a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but you will still be able to make reservations onboard. We look forward to having you sail with us and wish you a wonderful cruise!

Question I asked on NCL FB page.

Why has NCL stopped letting us book reservations for Cagneys Steakhouse ? Are you planning on new charges, raising the price or something like

Their reply.

Norwegian Cruise Line Hi Kevin, we've looked into your questions, as a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but you will still be able to make reservations onboard. We look forward to having you sail with us and wish you a wonderful cruise!

Yet, again, as I did yesterday, I just went to my reservation for June and can make a reservation for Cagney's at MyNCL if I want to. I can have anytime I want, as a matter of fact, as times are showing available from 5:30 to 10:00 p.m. with times every half hour.

::Right hand....meet left hand::

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

They may be trying to limit Cagney's reservations due to the many many complaints they have been receiving lately about slow and poor service. We were on Epic last week and it took over 2 hours for dinner and we didn't even stay for dessert. Everyone was complaining about how long it took to order and get food. While the food was good we'll never book Cagney's again as it took up too much of our time that evening. With the UDP the specialty restaurants are more crowded than ever and service is suffering. Maybe by limiting the number of reservations they can improve the service levels.

Why work faster & harder since an 18% gratuity charge is now added? :rolleyes:

With all this discussion, have any of you realized that the Cagney's restaurant on the Star is now half the size it was before drydock ? That means fewer people will be able to exercise the option of using this venue if they have the UDP.

The other part of Cagney's was converted to Moderno, and it holds 40 people.

If anyone has the figures on how many UDP packages were sold or given as booking perks, it may enlighten you about what is happening.

Okay. I have the UDP and have already pre-booked Cagney's for 2 nights and have the confirmation that it is $0. Is NCL saying that Cagney's is no longer part of the UDP? Has anyone verified that? Anyone know if and when this change is effective? Wow. This is disappointing (and deceptive) if it's true.

Same here, if people that already pre-booked Cagney with $0 charge b/c of promo then THEY BETTER HONOR IT ! :mad:

Yet, again, as I did yesterday, I just went to my reservation for June and can make a reservation for Cagney's at MyNCL if I want to. I can have anytime I want, as a matter of fact, as times are showing available from 5:30 to 10:00 p.m. with times every half hour.

Harriet

I go to my NCL for the 4TH of July Getaway and there is no Cagneys listed to book.

I wish they could get their act together.

I go to my NCL for the 4TH of July Getaway and there is no Cagneys listed to book.

You know.....

I'm wondering since I could book and you can't I have a question for you.

I do not have the UDP for my June booking and CAN book.

Do you have the UDP for your July booking and CAN'T book?

Harriet

Cagney's was not showing up as an online booking option for me for my July 5th cruise so I called NCL yesterday to see if I could book it over the phone. The person I spoke to, who admittedly seemed a bit confused on the matter, told me that Cagney's could be booked for pre-July cruises (I think she said pre July 3rd or 4th) but not for cruises beginning after that date. She suggested that I keep checking as she thought there was a possibility that the date would be changed.

Or, it has to do with the date of the cruise. Rascaldogs is July 2nd. The new T & C for UDP take effect on July 2nd. I'm wondering if you can pre book Cagneys for sailings prior to July but not after.

My guess is that Cagney's is coming off the included list for UDP as of 7-02 and will be grouped with Ocean Blue and probably Bayamo for a 25% discount only. They probably do not want any more 0 fee Cagneys reservations booked for after 7-02 for those who have the free or paid UDPs.

So I wonder when they will spring the announcement on us, or will the 7-02 week passengers just find out in the small print on the menu and Freestyle Daily or when they make on board reservations.

That is, if this is what all this reservation hold stuff is about.

*Edit: I just saw twoatcuse's post. So it looks like it IS the date.

Edited by punkincc

Harriet

I booked Cagney's for our June Jewel cruise last night, after reading this . I have Free Promo UDP and was able to book the 4 people who are in my stateroom for free.

I have a cruise on the Epic ending July 5. I went and checked if I could reserve Cagney's that week. Cagney's is on the list up to July 2, but disappears from the list on July 3 and July 4.

I also have the UDP, if that's relevant.

When I look, I am able to book it for my June trip on the Pearl (where I don't have the UDP) - it doesn't even show up for my July trip on the Getaway (where we do have the UDP) - It must be the date. It does show La Cucina for $14 (it's $15 on my Pearl booking) and LeBistro for $19 -it shows $20 on my Pearl booking. Strange discrepancies.

We sailed on the Jewel in March and there seemed to be quite a few people who had the UDP - we had reservations at Cagneys and when she went to check us in, I noticed 4 or 5 other reservations at the same time as ours as she marked ours off, we were the only people who showed up at the time and we sat fairly close to the door - no one else came in for at least 10 minutes, so I wonder if a lot of people with the UDP are making reservations and not showing up. I hope not, it's really inconsiderate of other people who may have wanted a reservation and weren't able to get one.

None of the specialty restaurants we went to were close to being full, even though some were showing "red" on the reservation televisions situated around the ship.

My guess is that Cagney's is coming off the included list for UDP as of 7-02 and will be grouped with Ocean Blue and probably Bayamo for a 25% discount only. They probably do not want any more 0 fee Cagneys reservations booked for after 7-02 for those who have the free or paid UDPs.

I agree. That's my guess as well. However, what about all the people who have the UDP booked prior to this change and believed Cagney's was going to be included?

Harriet

You know.....

I'm wondering since I could book and you can't I have a question for you.

I do not have the UDP for my June booking and CAN book.

Do you have the UDP for your July booking and CAN'T book?

Harriet

Harriet,

I do not have the UDP but would like to book.

Kevin

We're on the star sailing July 14 from Copenhagen. At the hundred day mark I went online to book our dining. Cagney's is not a listed option. I called the pre-cruise concierge and was informed that there are changes being made on the star and cabinets will not be able to be booked until you are on board. I had planned on eating there twice during our 9 day cruise. Now I'm debating booking something else that can be booked advance and asking the concierge to switch it out when we get on board.

I agree. That's my guess as well. However, what about all the people who have the UDP booked prior to this change and believed Cagney's was going to be included?

Harriet

Good question. Sailings pre 7-2 Terms and Conditions only specify Ocean Blue and ala carte venues as getting a discount only.

For 7-03 Sailings, Terms specifically state 25% discount to all ala carte, entertainment based Dinimg and "select" specialty restaurants, so they have left it open to indicate which those are at any time.

But the T & Cs only refer to "sail dates" and no mention of purchase date. But if I bought the package prior to notification of this change in T&C ( or booked to get it free ) I would be ticked to not have Cagneys included if my sail date were 7-03 or later. They SHOULD honor whatever terms and conditions were in place at the time of purchase or booking, not the date of your sailing.

On the Pride of America for a July 4th sailing I can't book Cagney's, the Italian place, or East meets West online. By calling in I got a reservation for the Italian place but was told for Cagneys and East meets West you have to do it onboard.

Here is a link for the specialty restaurants:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pride-of-america/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

It lists Cagney's as $30 (most expensive on the list). East meets West only has 64 seats which may be why they closed reservations since it could easily fill up very quickly.

With the UDP we have reservations already at:

- Jefferson's Bistro (twice) - $20 if don't have UDP

- Teppanyaki (once) - $25 if don't have UDP

- La Cucina (once) - $15 if don't have UDP

- Moderno (once) - $20 if don't have UDP

We still have 2 more nights to book and hope for Cagney's one of those nights. We will probably book 2 of the restaurants available before the cruise to make sure we don't get locked out. What was most important was booking the departure day and the next day since doing so on board the day of departure may be a little crazy.

I thought Cagney's was an extra charge but reading through the FAQ's on the UDP it appears it is an upcharge for ordering more than 1 entree.

Edited by wildeklave

Cagney's used to be an à la carte restaurant. Maybe that is going to be tested again? That would explain "menu updating" and a rumor (which I've still only seen one single poster mention, then repeated until it gained a life of it's own) of being removed from UDP. It could also explain no bookings being available, if that's a test ship/week, etc. Who knows, I'm just throwing that out there.