Cagney's - No more online bookings (official)

insanemagnet

I don't believe Cagney's was ever an a la carte restaurant.

I've been cruising NCL since 2010....not a long time but since I've been cruising it's never been a la carte.....and the price went up since I started going there to the $30.00 it is now.

Harriet

I don't believe Cagney's was ever an a la carte restaurant.

Sure was. The first time I ate there on the Spirit it was. Unless that was a different steakhouse? I am thinking it was a Cagney's, but maybe it was a different steakhouse?

Sure was. The first time I ate there on the Spirit it was. Unless that was a different steakhouse? I am thinking it was a Cagney's, but maybe it was a different steakhouse?

The steakhouse on the Spirit was originally called Maxim's. I did not eat in Maxim's so I cannot tell you what that charging model was.

As long as I have been sailing NCL (since 1989), Cagney's has always been cover charge restaurant. Not that Cagney's existed back in 1989.

The steakhouse on the Spirit was originally called Maxim's. I did not eat in Maxim's so I cannot tell you what that charging model was.

As long as I have been sailing NCL (since 1989), Cagney's has always been cover charge restaurant. Not that Cagney's existed back in 1989.

Who knows. My memory is failing. Anyway, just throwing out a possibility. I'll go back to making up rumors to stir things up.

would they adjust the UDP for Cagney's where it is $30 to those who don't book UDP but then charge like $10 for those with UDP to ease the demand? I think I saw a post where many UDP purchasers sometimes fill the restaurant via reservations but many times they don't show up for various reasons.

The steakhouse in the Spirit used to be Maxim's Steakhouse. The cost was $25.00.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Cagney's used to be an à la carte restaurant. Maybe that is going to be tested again? That would explain "menu updating" and a rumor (which I've still only seen one single poster mention, then repeated until it gained a life of it's own) of being removed from UDP. It could also explain no bookings being available, if that's a test ship/week, etc. Who knows, I'm just throwing that out there.

Just in case you are referring to me in regard to the 'rumor' since I did say more than once what I *thought was going to happen.....I will state it loud and clear......

There is no rumor at all. I simply stated this is what I *thought* or my *guess*.

And I say it again.....I think that they are going to remove Cagney's from the UDP and make it one of the specialty restaurants that will be 25% off of those that have the UDP. Again, just my thoughts - just a guess.

If you were not referring to me.....well then everyone, once again, knows what I'm thinking in regard to Cagney's!

As far as I know there is no rule here on CC in regard to stating what one thinks or what one guesses is going to happen.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I agree. That's my guess as well. However, what about all the people who have the UDP booked prior to this change and believed Cagney's was going to be included?

Harriet

For real - this is the big question in my house.

When we spelled it out for the "kids" (teens and tweens) in my house that we weren't doing DCL as originally planned, we told them how sweet NCL Getaway would be. I flashed them pictures of waterslides, ropes courses AND CAGNEY'S. Told my steak-lovin' sons we could eat there three nights if we wanted to. DH was thumbs up, as well.

I booked our cruise 4 weeks ago today. We've had a number of "surprises" since then. :P

would they adjust the UDP for Cagney's where it is $30 to those who don't book UDP but then charge like $10 for those with UDP to ease the demand? I think I saw a post where many UDP purchasers sometimes fill the restaurant via reservations but many times they don't show up for various reasons.

There is no cancellation penalty under the UDP for a reservation not kept like there is for paying customers who get charged the full cover if they are no shows, so that could be impacting reservations, but I don't think anyone really knows.

If I am not mistaken, you are the one who mentioned on another thread that when you called NCL about booking Cagneys, you were told that Cagneys in not part of the UDP but could be booked on board with a slight discount. Or at least that is what it sounded like to me. Could you please clarify what you were told about Cagney's when you called?

As a part of the Norwegian NEXT program, we’re making some exciting menu updates to Cagney’s. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but you will still be able to make reservations onboard.

This is great news. Thanks for sharing it with us. I have reservations for next month. I can't wait to see what is new!:D

There is no cancellation penalty under the UDP for a reservation not kept like there is for paying customers who get charged the full cover if they are no shows, so that could be impacting reservations, but I don't think anyone really knows.

If I am not mistaken, you are the one who mentioned on another thread that when you called NCL about booking Cagneys, you were told that Cagneys in not part of the UDP but could be booked on board with a slight discount. Or at least that is what it sounded like to me. Could you please clarify what you were told about Cagney's when you called?

Giving you my two cents... I have the dining package and pre-booked Cagneys without a charge for next month. I also booked Ocean Blue for 2 people and was charged $62.40 plus 18% gratuity.

Giving you my two cents... I have the dining package and pre-booked Cagneys without a charge for next month. I also booked Ocean Blue for 2 people and was charged $62.40 plus 18% gratuity.

Yes, NCL didn't spell it out in their very informative posting, but some of us have figured out, just by comparing notes among those who have been able to book Cagneys ( despite NCL's assert action that it is not available to book online ) and those who cannot, and have found that those who have cruises booked before July 3 sailings can book Cagneys, those who sail 7-03 or after cannot (7-03 is the date the new UDP rules go into effect ).

So now the speculation is why a mere change to the menu should necessitate a freeze on pre sail bookings.

Edited by punkincc

Sorry, I missed the information about everyone comparing sailing dates. Just fyi, I actually called the concierge to book Cagney's. It was full on every date/time combo I requested. However, as we were booking suddenly a spot opened up and we were able to obtain a reservation. This is for a May 10th sailing. We will all know soon enough. It was nice of NCL to give a hint of what was happening.

Yes, NCL didn't spell it out in their very informative posting, but some of us have figured out, just by comparing notes among those who have been able to book Cagneys ( despite NCL's assert action that it is not available to book online ) and those who cannot, and have found that those who have cruises booked before July 3 sailings can book Cagneys, those who sail 7-03 or after cannot (7-03 is the date the new UDP rules go into effect ).

So now the speculation is why a mere change to the menu should necessitate a freeze on pre sail bookings.

This will be my first ncl cruise and we were very excited to get the udp. I looked at menus and was looking forward to trying Cagneys and Le Bistros. When they increased the prepaid gratuity I was okay with it. When they added the 18 percent gratuity to the specialty restaurant I was upset because my parents refuse to pay it and will be eating in the mdr, so no dinners together and still I said nothing. Then they added the fee for room service and I said I will not let it ruin my vacation I will just go to the buffet. Now they SEEM to be taking Cagneys from the udp. If I had paid for the udp ( that was increased in price) I would be very angry right now. But since I didn't I will go on my cruise and see if the increases is worth coming back. If not it will be my first and last cruise with ncl. Thank you for letting me vent. Sorry I got off track of the subject.

This will be my first ncl cruise and we were very excited to get the udp. I looked at menus and was looking forward to trying Cagneys and Le Bistros. When they increased the prepaid gratuity I was okay with it. When they added the 18 percent gratuity to the specialty restaurant I was upset because my parents refuse to pay it and will be eating in the mdr, so no dinners together and still I said nothing. Then they added the fee for room service and I said I will not let it ruin my vacation I will just go to the buffet. Now they SEEM to be taking Cagneys from the udp. If I had paid for the udp ( that was increased in price) I would be very angry right now. But since I didn't I will go on my cruise and see if the increases is worth coming back. If not it will be my first and last cruise with ncl. Thank you for letting me vent. Sorry I got off track of the subject.

I feel quite the same way. But if these surprises keep coming we may cancel.

I just booked my first NCL cruise on Pride of America. My dad and his wife have had reservations at Cagney's for a while. Now I'm hoping to join them. When I checked tonight, Cagney's was available to book online. Is there a phone number I can call to be put at the same table or do I just need to ask this once I get onboard? I didn't see any way to put in a request through e-mail.

Thanks!

Just in case you are referring to me in regard to the 'rumor' since I did say more than once what I *thought was going to happen.....I will state it loud and clear......

There is no rumor at all. I simply stated this is what I *thought* or my *guess*.

And I say it again.....I think that they are going to remove Cagney's from the UDP and make it one of the specialty restaurants that will be 25% off of those that have the UDP. Again, just my thoughts - just a guess.

If you were not referring to me.....well then everyone, once again, knows what I'm thinking in regard to Cagney's!

As far as I know there is no rule here on CC in regard to stating what one thinks or what one guesses is going to happen.

Harriet

No, I wasn't referencing you. Actually I never even noticed you said anything about it one way or the other. Sorry. I'll try to pay more attention to your posts.

Just my 2 cents

We have cruised Ncl several times

We prefer Ncl over ccl for our cruises from NYC for primarily the longer winter itins when the college kids can make it in January

And so we don't have to sit with strangers in the mdr

Not to mention the awesome price I got on the ba in jan 15

And the incredible price for jan 16 on the gem

We prefer the ba for jan 2016 but the deal is just not good ATM for an inside

Which is all we book these days anyway as we like to cruise often and see no need for paying thousands of buck more

So my point is....

We don't have any promos for our inside other than Ncl plus TA obc and at.....

Less than $600 tax and port inclusive for 10 days pp we are jumping for joy

I asked if they wanted to eat at any specialty and it was a resounding NO!!!

We have eaten at all of them and are totally done with them as they are nothing special and we can eat at better places at home

The changes at cagneys are our biggest disappointment

IMHO the udp is the biggest waste of cruise time out there.

Maybe if we drank more the ubp might make sense but but it doesn't come free with insides. No biggie for us.

Give me a low priced cruise anyway on Ncl and keep your freebies

Oh and for the record room service in an inside cabin sounds disgusting to me so the charges for it won't bother me at all

Point is...... Just keep the bogo deals going and I will come back.... And hurry up and do them on the ba because I plan to change my ressie for jan as soon as you do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry. I'll try to pay more attention to your posts.

Yea, okay, you do that. LOL

I don't necessarily pay attention to anyone's post but I do read them if it's a thread I'm interested in. There was only me and one other person who mentioned what we thought was going to happen with Cagney's. The other person's ID begins with a P. Either way, no rumor...just what we think....a feeling we have. Time will tell.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Today is my 100 day to go date.

NCL would not let me book online until 8am Eastern Time.

I was able to book everything online EXCEPT LaCucina and Cagney's.

I was able to call the 800 number and book LaCucina.

No go on Cagney's. I am going to call the concierge number at 9am Eastern time (the time the office opens) to see if I can book Cagney's through them today (I am sure the answer will be no).

Since I plan to be on board as soon as I can be so I can book the Chef's Table - I will try to do my Cagney's then also- but I am very sad that I was not able to get it all done at one time. I hate worrying that I might NOT be able to get Cagney's.

Just giving you my real time experience:cool:

Edited by Imalismom

Today is my 100 day to go date.

NCL would not let me book online until 8am Eastern Time.

I was able to book everything online EXCEPT LaCucina and Cagney's.

I was able to call the 800 number and book LaCucina.

No go on Cagney's. I am going to call the concierge number at 9am Eastern time (the time the office opens) to see if I can book Cagney's through them today (I am sure the answer will be no).

Since I plan to be on board as soon as I can be so I can book the Chef's Table - I will try to do my Cagney's then also- but I am very sad that I was not able to get it all done at one time. I hate worrying that I might NOT be able to get Cagney's.

Just giving you my real time experience:cool:

If you're calling the concierge I'm going to assume you're in a suite? Let them know when you call them that you're interested in the Chef's Table as well. I did and when I got onboard to sign up for it I was told the Concierge already had me listed.

Harriet

Good question. Sailings pre 7-2 Terms and Conditions only specify Ocean Blue and ala carte venues as getting a discount only.

For 7-03 Sailings, Terms specifically state 25% discount to all ala carte, entertainment based Dinimg and "select" specialty restaurants, so they have left it open to indicate which those are at any time.

But the T & Cs only refer to "sail dates" and no mention of purchase date. But if I bought the package prior to notification of this change in T&C ( or booked to get it free ) I would be ticked to not have Cagneys included if my sail date were 7-03 or later. They SHOULD honor whatever terms and conditions were in place at the time of purchase or booking, not the date of your sailing.

I agree! We have UDP for the first time and we are really looking forward to Cagney's and Le Bistro.

I hope we can find out what's the real deal soon.

I feel quite the same way. But if these surprises keep coming we may cancel.

I'm thinking about this too.

We have UDP for the first time and we are really looking forward to Cagney's and Le Bistro. I would be annoyed if we have to pay extra to dine at Cagneys. :(

Already cancelled our 2016 NCL cruise to book Carnival Vista. I'm now looking at Royal Caribbean as a replacement for our Dec 2015 cruise on the Escape.

Anthem of the Seas will sail from Cape Liberty, NJ (33 miles from home) so we don't have to pay for airfare and pre-cruise hotel.

If you're calling the concierge I'm going to assume you're in a suite? Let them know when you call them that you're interested in the Chef's Table as well. I did and when I got onboard to sign up for it I was told the Concierge already had me listed.

Harriet

Thank you - I mentioned it to them, lets see if that helped...

Okay, the concierge desk said they are indeed not doing pre-bookings online for Cagney's. She did through take the date(s) I wanted, and put them down - she told me to check in with Concierge as soon as I boarded to make sure the dates and times were correct.

I also asked her if Cagney's was going to be taken off the UDP plan - that I was hearing a rumor that it might - she told me she hears LOTS of things in her concierge office, but Cagney's going off the UDP was not anything she was hearing.

Yea, okay, you do that. LOL

I don't necessarily pay attention to anyone's post but I do read them if it's a thread I'm interested in. There was only me and one other person who mentioned what we thought was going to happen with Cagney's. The other person's ID begins with a P. Either way, no rumor...just what we think....a feeling we have. Time will tell.

Harriet

Yes, "P" would be me. I actually saw a post by Wildeklove on the Booking Free Dining thread where she stated she had been told this by NCL. I asked her to clarify it there, and I don't think she ever responded.

I asked her again when she showed up on this thread, post # 83 I think but still no response.

Edited by punkincc