Muster Drill on the Freedom

Riley's Mom

For the Muster Drill on the Freedom does everyone meet in the theatre for the briefing like they do on the Magic or does everyone stand outside or in various areas around the ship for Muster Drill?

Thank you,

Ugh! That's what I was afraid of.

I'm spoiled by the Magic and everyone being able to sit in the Theatre.

I have Sciatica and standing for any length of time will cause me great pain

and leg weakness.

Is there an area where people with medical issues can sit?

and leg weakness.

Yes, I believe it is in the Library. Double check with Guest Services onboard.

Yes, I believe it is in the Library. Double check with Guest Services onboard.

Unless you have registered with Carnival in advance as having mobility issues, you will need to go to Guest Services upon boarding and request that the person with medical issues (and usually one accompanying guest) be assigned to the special needs muster station. This will be indoors, with additional crew assigned, and sometimes a nurse as well.

and leg weakness.

I have the same problem as you. I know what that pain is like:eek:

It is the reason why it took FttF last cruise (freedom), and I was dithering about whether or not to request the special muster inside. I did do the regular muster drill outside on deck four, and mercifully it was not as long as some others. I got there a bit later than usual. I just sat inside in the atrium area till the last minute and went to muster from there. I did have some discomfort and pain but it was bearable for me. Standing time was maybe 20 mins.

Whatever you choose to do, good to know that there is an option. Have a great cruise.:)

Unless you have registered with Carnival in advance as having mobility issues, you will need to go to Guest Services upon boarding and request that the person with medical issues (and usually one accompanying guest) be assigned to the special needs muster station. This will be indoors, with additional crew assigned, and sometimes a nurse as well.

Interesting. I had to use the special station one time do to a surgery and I never told Carnival. I just explained the situation when I got there. They didn't even ask for my name.

Interesting. I had to use the special station one time do to a surgery and I never told Carnival. I just explained the situation when I got there. They didn't even ask for my name.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time I've heard of Carnival not being really thorough with the muster drill.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time I've heard of Carnival not being really thorough with the muster drill.

That was a few years ago so things could have changed. This past muster drill on the Freedom was a fiasco! We were all standing by the lifeboats crammed in like sardines. I couldn't see the crew members giving instructions and people were talking loudly and the crew did nothing about it. They only made people put their cell phones away.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

That was a few years ago so things could have changed. This past muster drill on the Freedom was a fiasco! We were all standing by the lifeboats crammed in like sardines. I couldn't see the crew members giving instructions and people were talking loudly and the crew did nothing about it. They only made people put their cell phones away.

Just goes to show how short term most people's memory is (individual and corporate), just 3 years since the Concordia, and muster drills are back to the chaos they were before.