hong kong hotel used by celebrity

craftymarie

hi, we have a fly cruise booked from heathrow on millennium. just wondering if anyone knows what hotel celebrity use in Hong Kong? we have one night included pre cruise as I guess the flight arrives late. the reason I am asking is that we are thinking of adding a couple of extra nights through celebrity and am wondering how expensive this may be, our TA is not very helpful.

thanks Marie

forgot to add this is April 2017 . I know it is a long way out, but am trying to decide if it is feasible

Edited by craftymarie

In my experience, cruise companies often change pre and post hotels. We booked our Baltic cruise for May 2015 in August of 2014 and was told one hotel in Amsterdam. Now Celebrity no longer has a contract with that hotel. If you are booking a 2017 cruise what you are told now may not be true in 2017.

Hong Kong is a wonderful place to visit. Just try looking online for some prices to find a range of hotel costs.

When you depend on a cruise line to make your land-based reservations you get whatever they want to give....and its even possible that a hotel will be changed at the last minute. Having done many cruises on 6 continents we seldom use a cruise line to make our hotel or air arrangements. Hong Kong has so many fabulous hotels (in different price ranges) and location is also extremely important to most who know this city.

As to which hotels Celebrity will use on a 2017 cruise....we doubt if even Celebrity has a clue.

Hank

I doubt they even know, unless they have a contract which lasts that long which I doubt. 2017 bookings aren't even open at most hotel chains yet.

If you want to extended the trip, I would plan to do it, and then find a hotel that fits your needs, even if you still book the 1 night with Celebrity, it's not _that_ big a deal to move, even in Hong Kong. A few hours tops of packing and moving. Hong Kong is worth the time to explore.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

hi, we have a fly cruise booked from heathrow on millennium. just wondering if anyone knows what hotel celebrity use in Hong Kong? we have one night included pre cruise as I guess the flight arrives late. the reason I am asking is that we are thinking of adding a couple of extra nights through celebrity and am wondering how expensive this may be, our TA is not very helpful.

thanks Marie

forgot to add this is April 2017 . I know it is a long way out, but am trying to decide if it is feasible

We just returned from a book-and-go with Celebrity in Hong Kong. They put us at the Metropark Causeway Bay on Hong Kong island. It was very nice with breakfast included. We stayed there both pre and post cruise.

Based on transportation post cruise, I know they were using at least four hotels. Some were in Kowloon, some on the island.

Mike in Ohio

thanks for replies. I guess I need to hound my TA and see what she offers. we got a fantastic fly cruise price which we grabbed, a couple of months ago. it was a mistake on pricing on their part, but they honoured the price. otherwise we could never afford this cruise.

cant wait, my dream to visit asia esp hong kong and japan :)

any other info or help much appreciated

marie