No more bills under the door?

ailetoile

I think TV is the way to go if they can make it work. There is a time lag between the printing/dropping off of the statement and it's accuracy.

We had booked on board but they were late getting our paperwork down (rookie cruise consultant I suspect); but by the last day the TV showed out $250 OBC applied; however later that night when the statement was dropped, the OBC was not showing. I decided not to fret about it and just see what got charged to my statement - the right amount.

A little off-topic - but on the last day I rushed to the photo centre only to find out that I had to make sure all my pictures (from photo package) were on my account - basically to match up a big envelope of pictures with the "account" so that I got everything on my DVD. She suggested I go back to the cabin and put all the pictures on the bed and do it that way. Rushed back to the cabin, only to find that "my account" was not available.

I am aware that the IT department at Celebrity is not the best, but here is an idea that cuts down on paper but addresses last minute charges and reduces paper. Perhaps the final bill could be linked to your My Celebrity acount and be available for about a month post cruise. You would have to deal with issues long distance, but I think the majority of people do not have billing issues and can address them on board, except final charges, if they are proactive in checking the bill on the TV system. It does give us a means to have a copy of the bill to reconcile with our statement and does not depend on the room steward delivering them or standing in line at guest services.

If they are no longer giving statements on the last day perhaps Celebrity should do what Carnival does and have machines around the ship where you can check and print out your statement. You can also add cash to your account and get change without having to line up at guest services.

Last three cruises (Summit, Equinox and Summit), no bill under the door on last day. I do remember our first Summit cruise where we had the drink package and we got a multi-page bill showing all the zero-rated charges. It was a waste in my opinion since I have always been able to review on the TV during the cruise.

Just as a point of clarity, my bill was not under my door. On the last night it was folded in an envelope and left in the mail container outside.

Wonder if those thinking they are not getting a statement, just aren't seeing it amidst all the junk mail and flyers.

I remove the junk daily so when something new is there, I can see it.

Just as a point of clarity, my bill was not under my door. On the last night it was folded in an envelope and left in the mail container outside.

Wonder if those thinking they are not getting a statement, just aren't seeing it amidst all the junk mail and flyers.

I remove the junk daily so when something new is there, I can see it.

We always check that little box when we come back to our room and we do go through every piece of mail. There was definitely nothing resembling a bill/final statement in there on our most recent cruise.

Edited by ailetoile