Norwegian Sun 6009

nunuc2000

6009 is an outside cabin, located forward. They tend to be very quiet rooms as there are not many people who use those corridors as they get you nowhere.. It is considered obstructed because your window will open onto lifeboat areas and other stuff. 6009 is the largest of the deck 6 forward cabins.

Nothing? Nada? Has no CC member ever stayed in that room? :(

Not everybody remember a particular cabin number, so that might be the reason why you haven't received any answers. Some times it helps to add room type and cabin category as well especially in the heading of your thread.... ;)

I tried to Google it on your behalf (all though you have probably done that yourself, but I just wanted to help even though I have not stayed in that cabin myself). And I got the same result as you did. I did however find out that it is a Obstructed Oceanview Porthole Window Stateroom, and the deck plan shows that that particular cabin is indeed much larger than the rest in that category. But you probably knew that already.

I did a search here on CC, and it seems like several have posted the same question (photos of cabin 6009 on the Sun over the years), but as far as I could see, no one responded with photos. There were plenty of descriptions though, that you might find helpful, from people who had stayed in that particular cabin.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Thanks so much for the responses everyone. As a couple of you pointed out, that specific cabin appears to be quite unique in its size and dimensions, thus the search for more info.

My sister in law and her dad will be in that cabin for their Alaskan cruise in June, and I've been trying to find out what I can for her so they can be well prepared. Her dad is the one I worry about... if he knows exactly what to expect, they'll both be happier for it. ;)

It was selected because of the perceived extra space, which is nice to have in their particular case. I'm going to ask her to take photos of the cabin so I can provide them here and on cruise deck plans for future cruisers looking for the same info. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I stayed in that cabin back in 2009. Since it has been a while, my memory of it is a little fuzzy. But I will try my best to let you know what I remember.

The cabin is in a very quiet area of the ship. There are only a few rooms in that hallway, so nobody else will be walking in your hallway. The window looks out onto the walking track, so you may hear a little bit of noise from that. My parents (who stayed in the next cabin) knew which window was ours, so they took great joy in knocking loudly on our window while we were trying to nap or sleep in. :rolleyes:

As for the layout of the cabin, I don't think I liked it any more or less than other cabins. It seemed like the cabin was super roomy in the entry/closet area, but more cramped in the bed area. I believe there was a decent sized alcove that held the closet, minifridge, and a small counter with ice bucket, etc. It kind of felt like a small butler's pantry. I think the bathroom was the same as other cabins. The desk/TV area in this cabin was very small and right at the foot end of one of the beds. I don't think there was even room for a chair at the desk, so I just sat on the end of the bed to put on my makeup. There was definitely not a couch or loveseat in the room. There may have been a chair (I honestly don't remember).

My parents had cabin 6008, which was a traditional layout. Their room was a lot better for watching TV or sitting around since it had a loveseat.

Overall, I felt like 6009 had a less efficient layout than a standard room. But the "butler's pantry" type area was really nice when we got room service. I really liked the location of the room. But I would not go out of my way to book this cabin again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Edited by brandy3392

My husband and I stayed in that cabin back in 2009. Since it has been a while, my memory of it is a little fuzzy. But I will try my best to let you know what I remember.

The cabin is in a very quiet area of the ship. There are only a few rooms in that hallway, so nobody else will be walking in your hallway. The window looks out onto the walking track, so you may hear a little bit of noise from that. My parents (who stayed in the next cabin) knew which window was ours, so they took great joy in knocking loudly on our window while we were trying to nap or sleep in. :rolleyes:

As for the layout of the cabin, I don't think I liked it any more or less than other cabins. It seemed like the cabin was super roomy in the entry/closet area, but more cramped in the bed area. I believe there was a decent sized alcove that held the closet, minifridge, and a small counter with ice bucket, etc. It kind of felt like a small butler's pantry. I think the bathroom was the same as other cabins. The desk/TV area in this cabin was very small and right at the foot end of one of the beds. I don't think there was even room for a chair at the desk, so I just sat on the end of the bed to put on my makeup. There was definitely not a couch or loveseat in the room. There may have been a chair (I honestly don't remember).

My parents had cabin 6008, which was a traditional layout. Their room was a lot better for watching TV or sitting around since it had a loveseat.

Overall, I felt like 6009 had a less efficient layout than a standard room. But the "butler's pantry" type area was really nice when we got room service. I really liked the location of the room. But I would not go out of my way to book this cabin again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks so much for your reply - I was starting to think no one has ever stayed in that room! LOL!

watching TV won't be an issue for my sis-in-law and her dad, but getting room service will be something they do occasionally. Overall, hoping it's a little roomier than a standard room. I'll pass your comments on to them and they'll appreciate it, I'm sure.

Thanks again! :)