UK All Inclusive and Free Gratuities Offer

Dr.A

Have you had your updated invoice yet? I'm still waiting...

Yes. We stopped by the travel agent a couple of weeks ago to make the final payment for our Christmas cruise. It turns out that they got the updated invoice mid July but hadn't let us know despite us chasing them.

I hope you receive your updated invoice soon! Check it closely once you get it though as the printed, new, invoice at the travel agent wasn't correct. Fortunately they had received an actual updated and correct invoice after the initial incorrect one.

Thanks for the quick reply

.I think I will ring them ☺ did your invoice have a breakdown or just say all inclusive and grats

It had a breakdown of the items. The normal charges were listed first, e.g. Grats and the drinks package per passenger.

The discounts were listed separately after that, again per passenger.

The total price of the cruise came to the pre-Grats and drinks package amount.

Thanks ☺ when the TA last rang them rccl told them they were to busy to deal with it as it was for next year 😕

That's what they kept telling our TA too... Keep asking our TA to chase RCCL and it should surface. At some point... :)

We had several invoices too. I phoned RCCL to check and it appears that they first had to add on the gratuities (2nd invoice) and once they had been added they could then apply the free gratuities and the drinks package (3rd invoice). Apparently it is a manual rather than an automated process! Rob

• 1 month later...

We have just returned from our West Coast USA cruise and were surprised at how much tax and gratuities were added to your drinks bill will these be added on the free drinks package or not and do you still have to sign with your seapass card?:confused:

We have just returned from our West Coast USA cruise and were surprised at how much tax and gratuities were added to your drinks bill will these be added on the free drinks package or not and do you still have to sign with your seapass card?:confused:

Free drink packages have included gratuities in the past, and there has been no US sales taxes on drink packages. Whether you always sign or only sometimes sign seems to be variable.