Dining Room - Healthy Choice?

jp2001

Last time I was on the QM2, in 2008, they always had a healthy choice on the menu (with an icon on the menu to indicate it). And it was surprisingly excellent food actually. Do you know if they still have that?

I have started a diet and I'd like to maintain my weight despite going on a TA :eek:. Planning to hit the gym most days but healthier food choices will also help... I should also plan to skip tea time but that will be hard ;) Having ealy sitting this time should help as I won't want to ruin dinner with mini sandwiches and scones :D

I am glad to hear there is a healthy choice on the menu. I might not choose it every night (I can't resist the Chateaubriand if it is on the menu) but I will most nights.

And thanks for reminding me of the other enquiries, I just replied :)

I guess on embarkation day I'll eat prior to board the ship (my boarding time is 3pm anyway) and skip lunch altogether.

That's the point. Healthy is good.......Chateaubriand is better. :D

LOL, you're right :D

Yes, it's what I meant (sorry English is my 2nd language and some things might get lost in translation). My ''mission'' is to eat dinner from the healthy menu at least 4-5 times during this Transatlantic crossing. I also plan to ask berries every night instead of dessert (one lady at our table did that in 2008 and it didn't seem to be a problem). I love berries so it is fine to me :)

Jp2001, I have found that simply eating sensibly and in moderation works well for me. If something looks good, enjoy. :)

I take advantage of the long hallways and don't look for the nearest elevator. Those long brisk walks to the Commodore works wonders. :D

It is or was called the Canyon Ranch selection. Usually in the top left corner of the menu.

I almost always have a cabin forward and joke those trips to the Britannia dining room entail a lot of walking :D