Disney Dream 6/26

jamer

Could anyone give update as to how the meet the character etc with tickets work. Have been reading different posts and not sure what the latest info is. Go to Guest Services, go to here, go to there. It will be hard enough trying to keeping 7 year old focused and making sure I keep focused..at least for the first few hours. Then Relax.. Have fun. Thanks.

Could anyone give update as to how the meet the character etc with tickets work. Have been reading different posts and not sure what the latest info is. Go to Guest Services, go to here, go to there. It will be hard enough trying to keeping 7 year old focused and making sure I keep focused..at least for the first few hours. Then Relax.. Have fun. Thanks.

Generally, there are 3 ticketed meet & greets: Anna & Elsa, Princess Gathering; and Disney Jr. It's possible that not all of these will be available on any given cruise. But, for the most part, they are.

You have to check your Navigator that you get at check in in the terminal for where the tickets are being distributed. Most of the time it's at the Port Adventures desk. Sometimes it's at another location.

The first day, the tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. That is, when you get your ticket, you don't have a choice as to time/day of the event. They do it that way to "fill up" each event before starting to fill the next. Later in the day, or the next morning, you may be able to switch the ticket you have for a different time/day, but only if they haven't completely filled that last meet & greet. Usually that would be at Guest Services.

I will point out that sometimes there are Princess meet & greets that aren't ticketed, you just wait in line.

Edited by Shmoo here

The reason you see different info posted is that things change from one cruise to another even on the same ship AND they change from one ship to another.

The Welcome Aboard Navigator is available in the terminal. You can get one from a table and read it while you stand in line waiting to check in. The correct information for YOUR cruise will be in the Navigator. You will go "somewhere" to get the tickets. The correct "somewhere" will be listed in the Navigator.

Just a side question.

I already registered my kids for the kids club at my on-line check-in. Do I still need to wait in line during the embarkation day?

Thanks.

You still have to get their bands. You can do this by waiting in line at the terminal on embarkation day or by doing it in the Oceaneer's Club area 15 minutes before the first time they want to check in. Generally there is a long line to do it in the terminal and little or no waiting to do it on the ship! However, if you are in the terminal and checked in with nothing else to do until your boarding number is called, you may as well do it then. If you are free to board as soon as you check in, wait and do it on the ship.

Thanks for all your info. Any other hints would be great!!

Will be signing up DGD on line (4/12 is my date) whether she wants to go or not, she will decide. Will also schedule "the call" at that time. I'm sure the meets will be a good thing. I did get the picture mat and tee shirt for signatures and made Mickey ear magnets (to be decorated) for our cabin door.

The next is getting courage to go on the AquaDuck.:D