Surprise cruise

I've always wanted to do this, and I just did. Booked a Thanksgiving weekend cruise, which also coincides with DH's birthday, and have no intention of telling him about it until the day before we leave. The way the dates fall he won't even have to miss any work (I need to take one day, but no big deal). Now, to keep it under wraps until November. I'm not telling anyone else, but had to share my excitement somewhere. EEEK! :D

Who's been to the Bahamas in late November? I know the weather in North FL is a wildcard then, hoping for a little more consistency in the Bahamas. Anything worth seeing in Nassau?

Edited by mspink98

I've always wanted to do this, and I just did. Booked a Thanksgiving weekend cruise, which also coincides with DH's birthday, and have no intention of telling him about it until the day before we leave. The way the dates fall he won't even have to miss any work (I need to take one day, but no big deal). Now, to keep it under wraps until November. I'm not telling anyone else, but had to share my excitement somewhere. EEEK! :D

Who's been to the Bahamas in late November? I know the weather in North FL is a wildcard then, hoping for a little more consistency in the Bahamas. Anything worth seeing in Nassau?

We have cruised Thanksgiving Weekend many times....it will be generally in the mid to upper 70's, could be a little rain, but we have had very little rain ourselves (we actually had more rain cruising the Caribbean in February than November). You will have a good time. Water can be a little choppy, but not usually unbearable, and we have had some cruises where it was calm as could be....you just don't know.

Awesome I wish my wife would do that for me. But asking for time off at my work and getting it approved a year in advance is a pain sometimes

The way this weekend falls is part of the reason I was able to do it. We both get the day after Thanksgiving off, which is the day we sail. So we'll spend Fri-Sun nights onboard, and get back Monday morning. He works four ten hour days and has every Monday off. We'll be back home by noon on Monday, get laundry done and ready for the week, and go back to work Tuesday. I need to take Monday off, but since it was my idea, that's easy. I'm sure I could sneak around in his phone and find his boss's contact info if I had to (or a coworker who could find for me), but I don't even need to do that here.

I've kept an upgrade to a JS a secret for longer than this, but keeping a whole cruise secret will be a challenge.