A Question for Bonnie

lizboyle

Hi Bonnie. I wonder if you could find out an answer to a query I have? I booked my second Azamara cruise using a UK TA on 14 Jan 2015 for Azamara Journey on 30 July 2015. It is now time for final payment and I noticed on Azamara website that this particular cruise qualifies for up to 10% off for Le Club Voyage members if booked between January 1st and March 31( which I did) I asked my TA to call Azamara, which he did today, only to be told I do not qualify as I did not book this onboard. I have read the terms and conditions and there is no mention of this. It does say it is combinable with other offers. I also asked about the $398 upgrade prior to saling but was told this is not available to UK guests. I would be grateful if you could clarify both these points for me Bonnie.

I am sure Bonnie will also reply, but your agent is very wrong re the upgrade it is available to UK guests, I have 4 applications in!

Here is the link you use

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-ca/le-club-voyage/offers/stateroom-upgrade

It's not my agent. I called Azamara (guatamala) and was told this by them. My agent said to withhold paying my final balance for now until I get the correct info. He says he always gets conflicting info from Azamara hence why I decided to ask Bonnie for help.

Edited by lizboyle

Hi Bonnie. I wonder if you could find out an answer to a query I have? I booked my second Azamara cruise using a UK TA on 14 Jan 2015 for Azamara Journey on 30 July 2015. It is now time for final payment and I noticed on Azamara website that this particular cruise qualifies for up to 10% off for Le Club Voyage members if booked between January 1st and March 31( which I did) I asked my TA to call Azamara, which he did today, only to be told I do not qualify as I did not book this onboard. I have read the terms and conditions and there is no mention of this. It does say it is combinable with other offers.

The "Le Club Voyage Terms & Conditions" section of the Azamara website are clear that the loyalty based discount--there are two variations on the theme based upon whether one booked on an Open Passage or Reserved Passage basis--is only applicable to bookings made while aboard... For what it is worth, following is the citation...

-----

Azamara Passages Onboard Savings Offers: The Azamara Passages Offers are available to members of Le Club Voyage loyalty program and is open to new individual onboard bookings only. Open Passages bookings require a non-refundable 50% deposit at time of booking. Reserved Passages bookings require a 50% deposit at time of booking. Full deposit amounts range from $550-$1100 USD per person. 50% reduced deposit offer is not applicable to Club World Owner’s Suites and Club Ocean Suites; standard deposit rates apply. If a reservation becomes part of a group, full deposit will be required at time of booking. Deposit is required for a reservation to be part of a group reservation. A $25 fee per person will be applied to any cancellation.

Guests will receive cruise fare savings of 3% - 10% per stateroom; amount based on guest’s Le Club Voyage loyalty tier. Adventurer tier will receive 3%, Explorer tier will receive 4%, Discoverer will receive 5%, Discoverer Plus will receive 7%, and Discoverer Platinum will receive 10%. First-time guests may take advantage of this offer, but must enroll in the Le Club Voyage onboard to receive savings. The Azamara Passages Offers are combinable with Azamara Club Cruises general marketplace offers, back to back savings, and single supplement savings. The Azamara Passages Offers are not combinable with certain restricted fares. For combinability rules with other programs not mentioned above please consult your Onboard Cruise Sales Manager.Itineraries, embarkation and debarkation times may change without notice. The Azamara Passages Offers cannot be used for resale by Travel Partners or used by third parties and chartered voyages. The Azamara Passages account balance is not redeemable for cash. No changes or credits to the deposit or OBC amount will be made if a Passages reservation is changed or cancelled. Azamara’s standard cancellation policy applies to changes and cancellations. The Azamara Passages Offers’ cancellation and change terms vary by guest’s country of residence and are available for residents of other countries; please contact your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for savings amounts and further details. International deposits and requirements may vary; please see your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for details and deposit policies. Terms may vary by country.

Open Passage: The Open Passage account balance may be applied against the cost of an Azamara individual or group cruise and is not valid on any other cruise line, including any other affiliates of Azamara Club Cruises. There is no expiration date on an Open Passage account. Open Passage does not apply to Restricted Rates. Once a ship and voyage date is selected for an Open Passage account and the guest cancels for any reason, the guest may apply for a refund subject to the terms of Azamara’s standard cancellation policy, less the amount of the deposit. Savings will be applied to booking after guest selects ship and voyage and booking details are finalized. Name changes are allowed up until ship and sail dates are selected. Once ship and sail date are selected, only 1 name change is allowed.

Reserved Passage: Under the Reserved Passage offer, guest will receive a $200 onboard credit per stateroom, which will be applied to the future cruise. OBC has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Single bookings will receive a pro-rated OBC based on the single supplement rate paid. At least one name on the original Azamara Reserved must remain the same (no double name changes allowed).

Guests will have the ability to make multiple Azamara Passages bookings when onboard. Name changes for multiple Azamara Reserved Passages will be allowed for a 30 day period. The cancellation policy for multiple Azamara Reserved Passage bookings is the same as our normal cancellation policy stated above. For multiple Open Passages, once the ship and sail date are selected, normal name change and cancellation policies apply. Please see your onboard Cruise Sales Manager for more details.

It's not my agent. I called Azamara (Guatamala) and was told this by them. My agent said to withhold paying my final balance for now until I get the correct info. He says he always gets conflicting info from Azamara hence why I decided to ask Bonnie for help.

I am sure Bonnie will give the same info. but your best bet is to email Azamara's UK Managing Director Richard Twynam ( RTwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com) he is excellent at getting any mis-information sorted out.

Edited by Riocca

Hi Bonnie. I wonder if you could find out an answer to a query I have? I booked my second Azamara cruise using a UK TA on 14 Jan 2015 for Azamara Journey on 30 July 2015. It is now time for final payment and I noticed on Azamara website that this particular cruise qualifies for up to 10% off for Le Club Voyage members if booked between January 1st and March 31( which I did) I asked my TA to call Azamara, which he did today, only to be told I do not qualify as I did not book this onboard. I have read the terms and conditions and there is no mention of this. It does say it is combinable with other offers. I also asked about the $398 upgrade prior to saling but was told this is not available to UK guests. I would be grateful if you could clarify both these points for me Bonnie.

Hi lizboyle, I've checked with the LCV Ambassador Nicole. She tells me you were given wrong info and that she'll discuss this with the call center. Here's the rest of her response ...

"Regarding the LCV 10% quarterly savings (on select sailings), this is for new reservations so she would have had to cancel her existing reservation and create a new one with today's prevailing rates and any promotions that are out in her marketplace.

Regarding the $398 LCV Stateroom Upgrade it is available to ALL LCV members. All she needs to do is go to AzamaraClubCruises.com/LCVUpgrade to submit her reservation to be added to the waitlist."

Hi lizboyle, I've checked with the LCV Ambassador Nicole. She tells me you were given wrong info and that she'll discuss this with the call center. Here's the rest of her response ...

"Regarding the LCV 10% quarterly savings (on select sailings), this is for new reservations so she would have had to cancel her existing reservation and create a new one with today's prevailing rates and any promotions that are out in her marketplace.

Regarding the $398 LCV Stateroom Upgrade it is available to ALL LCV members. All she needs to do is go to AzamaraClubCruises.com/LCVUpgrade to submit her reservation to be added to the waitlist."

Thank you Bonnie. I assumed, as I'd booked during the period stated in the 10% promo (Jan 1- March 31) that I would receive the benefit? I hope to hear from Mr Twynam soon as final payment is now due.

Edited by lizboyle

Pleased to say, after contacting Mr Twynam, I have been told that my cruise does qualify for the 10% off promo and also that the $398 upgrade promotion is available globally. He thanked me for bringing this to his attention. I think more training is required for Azamara customer service but I'm very happy with the outcome. 😃. Thank you all for your help.

New to Azamara. Could someone tell me if the stockholder credit is combinable with the BOGOHO? Thank you!

Sorry to say it isn't combinable with any promotions.

P.s. If you do a search in our forum you'll find older threads on the topic...

B.rgds,

Bonnie

Pleased to say, after contacting Mr Twynam, I have been told that my cruise does qualify for the 10% off promo and also that the $398 upgrade promotion is available globally. He thanked me for bringing this to his attention. I think more training is required for Azamara customer service but I'm very happy with the outcome. 😃. Thank you all for your help.

Hi lizboyle, I'm so glad it worked out for you. And thank you for letting me know, and for bringing it to our attention in the first place.

Best regards,

Bonnie

Hi lizboyle, I'm so glad it worked out for you. And thank you for letting me know, and for bringing it to our attention in the first place.

Best regards,

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie, you're very welcome. Thank you so much for your help. Can't wait to sample what Journey has to offer. If it's as good as Quest we will be very happy.