anyone recommend a good tour company for Cozumel 6/21/15 cruise

asaulo1

My family and I will be in Cozumel as part of the Royal Caribbean western Caribbean cruise this summer and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a tour company for Cozumel. We are particularly interested in the ruins. Any info is appreciated. Cheers!!

Rather broad request. Which ruins were you wishing to see? The ones on Cozumel, San Gervasio, or Tulum, or Coba?

If it's a tour of the island you're looking to do, then go to the threads on this board for "Tours Plaza" or "Hiring a driver for the day". Look at the more recent pages as there are a great number and more recent comments, and contact information is what you need. Also look at what others have done, in addition to the ruins. There's the east side views plus bars-restaurants, "tequila factory", chocolate factory as well as stops on the popular West side beaches and a eco-zone area.

If your primary focus for a tour guide is one of the ruins on the mainland, I highly suggest you consider your ship's sponsored excursion. Getting to Tulum and back to Cozumel can be a long day and you runt he risk of missing your ship if you catch the wrong ferry back. Coba is even further away. Chichen Itza is out of the question from a day stop in Cozumel.

The "ruins" on Coz are IMHO not worth your time.

The ruins on the mainland are IMHO too far - you'll spend more time getting to/from (including round trip ferry travel) than you will at the ruins.

If it was me I would save the ruins until I was in port closer or was visiting Cancun or the Playa del Carmen area. Enjoy Coz - including the beaches, snorkeling, sailing, etc. - while you are there.

The ruins on Cozumel ARE very small compared to the mainland, nevertheless we did enjoy our visit to them and the jungle walk and wildlife. I agree they are not a #1 must do/must see activity but they are enjoyable if you are into that sort of thing.

I agree with the suggestion to read the thread "hiring a driver for the day" and looking at the ToursPlaza website for further suggestions of where to go/what to see. We have toured with ToursPlaza many times and can highly recommend.

If you want to see the ruins on the mainland, would only take a ship sponsored tour - too many variables for not getting back to the ship on time.