Early in port, late excursion. What to do? HELP!!

neka525

OK so heres the deal, ill be heading to the caymans on Carnival Paradise in 2 weeks with my bff (both 25). We arrive at 8am but our excursion to stingray city isnt until 11:30am!!!! what can i do for those first few hours without missing my excursion? It lasts until 2pm and we have to be back on the ship by 3pm, so we wont have any time to do anything afterwards. What to do?

Well...sleep in, have a late breakfast, and then head to your excursion! There's no rush...you're on VACATION! If you have an hour before the meeting time, shopping is right across from the tender terminal. Wear a watch (do NOT use your cell phone for the time!!!) and keep an eye on the time... You will not have time for the beach or anything like that...hopefully, your excursion includes some beachy stuff!

There's never a reason to miss something....if you're responsible enough to watch the time!

Edited by cb at sea

Hmm id rather not sleep in but explore. Plus we have FTTF so id like to put that to good use with the priority tendering and all. And clue as to what kind of shops? I dont even know how early they open! :(

Hmm id rather not sleep in but explore. Plus we have FTTF so id like to put that to good use with the priority tendering and all. And clue as to what kind of shops? I dont even know how early they open! :(

Generally, if there is a ship in port, the shops will be open. There's all kinds of stuff from trinkets to artwork, liquor to designer purses, t-shirts to jewerly. Is your excursion through your ship, or did you book it seperately? If it's through the ship, I would meet up with the group wherever they designate FOR SURE. If it's a privately booked excursion, most meet up at the tender piers, and the shopping is all right in that area, so you would have time to shop, look around, etc. before your excursion.

Remember, though, if you purchase something, you'll probably have to carry it with you on your excursion. There are a few places that will have your items sent back to your ship for you.