Review of the Star - 3/22-3/29 2015

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for taking the time to write the review! We were just on the Star in March on the sailing before yours. We had a great time too. Nothing better than the suite life. I agree with you on the smoke smell on deck 12. We try to book Starboard specifically for that reason.

We are booked in a suite on deck 11. Should I book starboard on that deck too to avoid smoke smell? Never sailed ncl.

I also have a suite booked on the Star for summer 2016 and I picked starboard side because I don't want to walk upstairs to go out to the pool or buffet and walk through the smoking area. Also, if the wind is right, and if you have a sensitive nose, you might smell the smoke from your balcony if you are on the port side right below deck 12.

Thanks for the great review. I have a weird kind of question that I hope you or someone can answer. Was your hallway cabin door smooth or did it have a slats? We hope to put magnetic decorations on ours, but they may not adhere to the slats, so I'm really hoping they are smooth. Thanks!

Thanks for this! I'm on a Star Fjords sailing in June and have been very curious about the ship, it's our first NCL sailing.

Are you sailing June 12th? If so, we will see you then! This will be our 4th time on the Star in less than 3 years so obviously we love it! Hopefully you will too!! :)

Thanks for the great review. I have a weird kind of question that I hope you or someone can answer. Was your hallway cabin door smooth or did it have a slats? We hope to put magnetic decorations on ours, but they may not adhere to the slats, so I'm really hoping they are smooth. Thanks!

We have been in a mini on deck 11 and a SJ on deck 12. As I recall, the doors on deck 11 were smooth and looked to be metal, but all the doors on deck 12 were wood so the magnetic decorations wouldn't work there.

We have been in a mini on deck 11 and a SJ on deck 12. As I recall, the doors on deck 11 were smooth and looked to be metal, but all the doors on deck 12 were wood so the magnetic decorations wouldn't work there.

Oh, gosh! I never considered that they might be made of wood. I thought because of fire safety and the moisture causing warping of wood, they would all be made of metal.

I wonder, can anyone else who's been on the Star confirm that?

Oh, gosh! I never considered that they might be made of wood. I thought because of fire safety and the moisture causing warping of wood, they would all be made of metal.

I wonder, can anyone else who's been on the Star confirm that?

I'll be back on the Star on Monday in a suite on deck 12. Those suites were put in several years ago and have wood doors. I doubt they were changed to metal during the dry dock, but if I have a metal door, I'll let you know.

I'll be back on the Star on Monday in a suite on deck 12. Those suites were put in several years ago and have wood doors. I doubt they were changed to metal during the dry dock, but if I have a metal door, I'll let you know.

That would be so wonderful!! Thank you! My husband is sure they are metal with a faux wood finish. I am glad we will know the real answer soon! I really appreciate your help and will look forward to hearing from you. Have a fabulous cruise!!

That would be so wonderful!! Thank you! My husband is sure they are metal with a faux wood finish. I am glad we will know the real answer soon! I really appreciate your help and will look forward to hearing from you. Have a fabulous cruise!!

I remember the doors were heavy. And it is not real wood. It is a finish on the metal door, but I don't think the finish is magnetic. I guess you could tape your decorations to the outside door.

I remember the doors were heavy. And it is not real wood. It is a finish on the metal door, but I don't think the finish is magnetic. I guess you could tape your decorations to the outside door.

Is there any chance you could/would take along a small magnet to test it?:o

I don't believe that NCL has a problem if you use that 3M hanger things since they don't damage the door. They do have a problem with using tape on the doors.

Anything that is completely removable and wouldn't damage the door could be used. Possibly a strong suction cup?

Is there any chance you could/would take along a small magnet to test it?:o

I picked up a couple of magnets at the m&g. Both stuck to the outside of the metal door with wood color on deck 12. We are having a great Baltics cruise. The Star looks good and the crew is terrific.

I picked up a couple of magnets at the m&g. Both stuck to the outside of the metal door with wood color on deck 12. We are having a great Baltics cruise. The Star looks good and the crew is terrific.

Wonderful! I am so relieved to hear about the magnets and appreciate so much that you checked for me!! I am also excited to hear the great report about the ship and crew! Now if I could just make time go faster so we could start our cruise, too. Thanks again for checking and for letting me know!!!:D