One way flight inside Europe

Waterlily777

I have my main tickets booked for my upcoming cruise, but I will need a one-way ticket for an internal European flight.

The price for a one way ticket is 20% more than the price for a return trip ticket for this intra-European flight.

Does anyone have any experience with booking a return ticket, and then not showing up for the return portion of the flight? Will there be any problems if I phone and cancel the return portion of the ticket after I have completed the outbound leg of the trip? Will the airline try to charge me for the difference in price, i.e. charge me for the extra 20% the one way flight would have cost.

Does Choice Air ever sell tickets for an intra-European flight?

I appreciate any help or suggestions you might be able to provide.

Thanks!!

I have my main tickets booked for my upcoming cruise, but I will need a one-way ticket for an internal European flight.

The price for a one way ticket is 20% more than the price for a return trip ticket for this intra-European flight.

Does anyone have any experience with booking a return ticket, and then not showing up for the return portion of the flight? Will there be any problems if I phone and cancel the return portion of the ticket after I have completed the outbound leg of the trip? Will the airline try to charge me for the difference in price, i.e. charge me for the extra 20% the one way flight would have cost.

Thanks!!

I've done this before on flights within Europe and even between South America and the US without a problem. Never bothered to call, just didn't check-in or show up. I guess I jsut missed my flight and since it's non-refundable, I'm out of luck (wink, wink).

Thanks!!

Living in Europe and flying quite a lot for the job, I do this all the time. Never had any problems. I never cancelled the return flight.

Another trick you can use because tickets tend to be cheaper when you stay longer and there is a WE included and when you have to go twice in a short period to the same place is buying two tickets in reversed order. EG:

You buy one return ticket Brussels - Rome and a return ticket Rome Brussels.

You go with your first leg of your first ticket (brussels - rome), you return with your first leg of your second ticket (rome-brussels). You go the second time with the return of your second ticket (brussels - rome) and than you return with the return ticket of your first ticket (rome - brussels).

Also this one can save a lot of money in the strange world of airline tickets price setting... .

Thanks!!

There are many European airlines who offer one way fares especially the low cost ones - where are you flying between?

I've looked at BA and they don't seem to rip people of for one way European flights... I think it's just international flights were it gets stupid! I've used BA twice for flying to Rome/barca to pick up transatlantic cruises and never penalised for booking a one way ticket...

Good luck! [emoji41]

Can you take the train to London? They'll be tons of cheap flights to Barcelona.

My thoughts exactly -I'm getting £256 with a journey time of 5 hours and 5 mins from Norwich

Alternatively £28 with Ryanair from London Stansted and journey time of 2 hrs 15 mins

(Google flight search)

Train from Norwich to Stanstead would take about 2 hours and would need to change in London but with a single fare £14 (advance) -£30 (anytime)

National Express coaches also run a service from Norwich to Stansted taking about 2 and half hours with fares for about £20

Edited by DYKWIA