What Size Cabin for Mobility Skooter

1threadshort

Leave it in the hallway. People can just maneuver around it as best they can. ;)

Um, no (caught your sarcasm there :) )

Are you renting a scooter? There is one that will fit the door of a standard cabin. The Disabled Cruising board has info. IIRC it's called a Luggie but I could be wrong.

Edited by SadieN

we are goin on the glory to western Caribbean. I have a category 4c interior room. I don't know how they are goin to get a mobility skooter into this room. can you tell me about that.

I have a Pride GoGo Elite traveler Plus mobility scooter. We sailed on the Carnival Pride in 2014. We had a standard aft balcony cabin, and I drove my scooter right into the cabin. It fit the parameters of the doorway just fine. Just in case, it comes apart in five pieces so if I was unable to drive it in, I would have exited the scooter, used my cane, and DH would be able to bring the five pieces into the cabin. I don't remember if I took the arms off or not. Another thing, I was able to position it better, because we had no cabins across from ours and we had a tiny hallway where I could turn and get a good position to scoot right into the cabin. Have a great cruise!!

we are goin on the glory to western Caribbean. I have a category 4c interior room. I don't know how they are goin to get a mobility skooter into this room. can you tell me about that.

Did you ask about a handicap modified cabin when you booked your cruise ? If you contact Carnival's special needs department they can let you know if your scooter will fit or they may move you to a cabin where it will fit.

You can just call Carnival and ask for Special Needs Dept and they can answer your questions.

Enjoy your cruise !!

Contact Carnival, Special Needs and explain what you have, with measurements, and they'll advise you. I'm sure it will fit into the cabin, since that's where it MUST go when you're in the cabin, but mobility in the cabin, both for occupants and the skooter, can be a problem in some smaller cabins.

From Carnival.com:

If an accessible stateroom is booked by a guest who does not need the accessibility features in the stateroom, they may be moved at any time to another non-accessible stateroom in order to accommodate a guest with a disability.

Modified Cabins: these cabins are designed for guests who may utilize a wheelchair or similar assistance device (e.g. for distance) (and include features such as grab bars and shower seats in the bathrooms).

Accessible Cabins: these cabins are designed for guest with highly limited or no mobility who utilize wheelchairs or other similar assistive devices (and include features such as turning space; accessible routes throughout the cabin; and accessible bathrooms).

As with all Carnival reservations, staterooms within each category are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Therefore, it is advisable to reserve an accessible or modified stateroom in advance.

Standard Cabins: these cabins have an approximately 22"-30" entry doorway an 8" lip into the cabin bathroom, a 4" lip into the shower stall, and 7" lip to the balcony (if applicable).

Mobility Scooters: Passenger scooters must be stored and batteries recharged in your stateroom. Due to safety considerations, wheelchairs and scooters cannot be stored in the corridors. Your personal scooter should be able to fit in a standard stateroom with a 21" entry doorway. If your scooter is larger than 21", you must purchase a modified stateroom or rent a smaller scooter. Segways and other similar vehicles are not permitted on board our vessels.

If you need additional information, please contact us specialneeds@carnival.com.

Um, no (caught your sarcasm there :) )

Are you renting a scooter? There is one that will fit the door of a standard cabin. The Disabled Cruising board has info. IIRC it's called a Luggie but I could be wrong.

Don't think it was sarcasm. I've seen scooters "left in the hallway" on various lines.