Price adjustment question

Jaddy

We are U.S. citizens and are booked aboard QM2 for the August 20 passage from Southampton to New York. We haven't cruised with Cunard before. I notice that the prices have been reduced. Will Cunard reduce the price we originally agreed upon if I call them? We originally booked directly with Cunard. If they won't reduce the price can I cancel my original booking, receive a full refund of our deposit, and then rebook at the new price?

Thank you for your help.

My friend and I booked directly with Cunard for the August 8th WB TA in September, but I've been keeping an eye on the price each week. Luckily, we were able to get a $369 pp reduction in fare last month. Had to cancel and rebook. Took about 20 minutes on the phone to make sure all of our previous selections had been properly transferred and to get a manager's approval on the transfer of our deposits to the new booking. But I think it was totally worth it and I'd do it again if there are any further reductions (which I doubt will happen).

Please come back to let us know if you called and how you made out.

Thanks,

KK

I wonder how people would feel if the price had increased and Cunard telephoned to say they had cancelled the booking but you could rebook at the higher price ???!!!!

Probably the same way they feel when there is a big price drop right after final payment.

I wonder how people would feel if the price had increased and Cunard telephoned to say they had cancelled the booking but you could rebook at the higher price ???!!!!

Fortunately that doesn't happen, as far as I know ....

We are U.S. citizens and are booked aboard QM2 for the August 20 passage from Southampton to New York. We haven't cruised with Cunard before. I notice that the prices have been reduced. Will Cunard reduce the price we originally agreed upon if I call them? We originally booked directly with Cunard. If they won't reduce the price can I cancel my original booking, receive a full refund of our deposit, and then rebook at the new price?

Thank you for your help.

How did it work out for you? We are also sailing on this crossing and when I checked the prices last night, they had actually increased from last week. Did you get your adjustment in time?

Edited by Bostonjetset