The looks of carnival ships.

COCKYMARK

I think we have some time before we see a Fantasy-class ship on the beach in Alang. They're all in good shape and SOLAS-compliant. They'll have buyers out there.

Well I was hoping that none of them would be destined for scrap, but I think it's going to be a matter of how many eligible buyers there are when any of them ultimately do go up for sale and how fast Carny sells them off. Time will tell. Been on two Fantasy class ships and had a good time on both of them, but think that at least one or two of them will be up for sale shortly after the Vista is launched. I'm surprised that Carnival has not been mandating that the whale tail funnels be removed by buyers since I believe the shape may be trademarked.

Well I was hoping that none of them would be destined for scrap, but I think it's going to be a matter of how many eligible buyers there are when any of them ultimately do go up for sale and how fast Carny sells them off. Time will tell. Been on two Fantasy class ships and had a good time on both of them, but think that at least one or two of them will be up for sale shortly after the Vista is launched. I'm surprised that Carnival has not been mandating that the whale tail funnels be removed by buyers since I believe the shape may be trademarked.

It seems that Carnival had mixed feelings on it as well. They've modified some but not others. I believe it was the old Tropicale that had hers removed, but the Holiday Class ships did not. I know Celebration definitely didn't since she's back in Florida replacing the Bahamas Celebration.

[quote name='A2Mich']I'm surprised that Carnival has not been mandating that the whale tail funnels be removed by buyers since I believe the shape may be trademarked.[/quote]I am as well. They did change it out for earlier ships like Tropicale. Maybe it's a case of cost - they just mandate the removal of the red-white-blue paint job on the funnel.

[quote name='DarthGrady']It seems that Carnival had mixed feelings on it as well. They've modified some but not others. I believe it was the old Tropicale that had hers removed, but the Holiday Class ships did not. I know Celebration definitely didn't since she's back in Florida replacing the Bahamas Celebration.[/QUOTE]

Holiday only had her tail repainted too.

The outside of a ship has never been a concern of mine. The interior decor is what is important to me. I have to be honest and say that I do not care for the decor of Carnival's older ships...but I love the decor on the Sunshine, Breeze and soon to be revealed Vista.

[quote name='mzloolue']Holiday only had her tail repainted too.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was the Holiday Class Jubilee that was sent down under and renamed Pacific Sun. They did remove the whale tail, I would hazard a guess that it was mostly because it didn't work with P&O Australia's existing image and branding.
[attachment=276214:name] Edited by tazza_0712

I think the Dream class Disney ships are the most beautiful out there, but I also really like the newer larger Carnival ships. Haven't been on Carnival yet but am looking forward to the Vista in the Mediterranean June, 2016. The RCCL Freedom class are very nice looking as well and if you don't look at the aft of Princess ships they are really pretty. Those AIDA and NCL ships are just butt ugly though.

I am one of Carnival's biggest cheerleaders and loyalists but to me the funnel design detracts from the look of the ships. It is a feature that identifies the Carnival brand, so very recognizable for sure. Other than that I think their ships look great, except the Fantasy class, especially the trio that have been retrofitted with the aft balconies. Very unappealing to me. Spirit class ships are the most sleek looking, with that long and slender body. Dream class is nice in that they are so bold looking with the size and length. I do like the red accent strip on Carnival's ships.

As far as the best looking ships, I like Celebrity's Solstice class and Royal's Freedom and Voyager class the best of all the lines ships.

NCL's mid size and large ships are nice with the exception of all that busyness on the sides of the ships. But easy to identify. I usually think, "circus in town"? However EPC and Pride of America are not good looking at all, with that shoe box shape.

[quote name='pauleydm']The outside of a ship has never been a concern of mine. The interior decor is what is important to me. I have to be honest and say that I do not care for the decor of Carnival's older ships...but I love the decor on the Sunshine, Breeze and soon to be revealed Vista.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Until this discussion I never thought about what the outside of the ship looked like. Guess I just don't spend that much time outside the ship.

In our cruise aboard the NCL Epic when we returned from the port of call and look to the ship to take a photo...Oh my God!It's such an ugly ship :D It was the biggest in the port, but....so ugly :D
I only cruised carnival twice, and when we were in nassau aboard carnival Breeze surounded by other old carnival ships, I was thinking that the old ones are not as pretty as the new ones :) But I love "the whale tail" ;)

I was on RC and Carnival last year. RC Brilliance of Seas was beautiful and modern. Carnival Sensation was older, smaller, some spots dingy and the décor was 90's Miami vice-ish. Once I got rid of my snobbish attitude I had a great time on Sensation. Going on Elation in 3 weeks.

Some people like steel roller coasters and some people like wooden coasters. I enjoy either.